Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Does Water Stay Out Of The Engine Bay?
I asked this question in another of my posts but i dont think it gets any views so there was no answer.

Here is the question: some cars have hoods with an air vent or those ram scoops (ie. subarus, neon srts, celicas, etc.). How does the water (like rain) stay out of the engine bay? Is there some kind of filter or does it run off in some drainage path? Or does the water just go straign into the engine bay and soak everything up inside on a wet and rainy day?

Just curious cuz i want that f2 demo focus hood with the air vent but was thinking about how i might be able to keep the water out from going inside.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
You answered most of your own question. You have to actually see how the hood is made, and the fit of the hood, to determine what it does with water coming into the intake.
And most of the time, the water just comes straight into the engine bay and straight into the intake.
Just do some research and a little more homework and actually see the hood to determine if this is the right option for you.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I remember taking a 97 izusu rodeo out in a storm. Trust me I thought it was a little puddle, as soon as I hit it the truck nose dived and water cleared my roof. You'd think that something would have gotten soked (electrical and what not) but a lot of these cars a sealed very well. Its when you open things up you have to be careful.