Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Clutch For My Spi! Suggestions?
Hi! I need a new clutch really quick for my 2000 spi 200000kms, as it seems some springs in it are broken (clutch pedal loose is now up to the floor, after being way up) and I have trouble to disengage the clutch and to shift. Anyway what do you suggest? I have found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=230073446764

Im looking for a clutch that beats the carquest or OEM one, especially for the price, and that I could have fast!

Thanks for the help guys, beyond basic maintenance, I'm no expert...
2000 Green Sedan SPI, SVT suspension, K&N drop in for winter,

Long time no see here!
Exedy is a pretty reputible clutch but I've inquired about those ones on Ebay and was informed that they hold the same amount of torque as the OEM clutch. If your not heavily modified (i mean like FI) then the stock one should be fine. Its your call to either grab it on ebay or a local shop.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Burnin21,Jan 3 2007, 04:05 AM Wrote:Exedy is a pretty reputible clutch but I've inquired about those ones on Ebay and was informed that they hold the same amount of torque as the OEM clutch. If your not heavily modified (i mean like FI) then the stock one should be fine. Its your call to either grab it on ebay or a local shop.
[right][snapback]222134[/snapback][/right]

ok thanks but how much should i expect tp pay to carquest for example for a new clutch in CA dollars?
2000 Green Sedan SPI, SVT suspension, K&N drop in for winter,

Long time no see here!
Dansgreat,Jan 3 2007, 09:22 AM Wrote:[quote=Burnin21,Jan 3 2007, 04:05 AM]Exedy is a pretty reputible clutch but I've inquired about those ones on Ebay and was informed that they hold the same amount of torque as the OEM clutch. If your not heavily modified (i mean like FI) then the stock one should be fine. Its your call to either grab it on ebay or a local shop.
[right][snapback]222134[/snapback][/right]

I just ordered an Exedy clutch for my zetec. Im told from co-workers that its a standered replacement clutch. Nothing special.
Will get the job done and the price aint bad.

Could see the SPI and get a zetec. lol
2000 ZX3