Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tails
so here is the deal....I got these last season and hate them already. Anybody got any suggestions on which one to get? I think I am going to trade these ones off

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/ca_...1rearxtreme.jpg
I would say clear euro lights. Similar to what you have just not in black. I want tinted black tail lights.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
get these...

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/prod...products_id=340
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Personally as far as aftermarket tails go the only ones i think work on the focus are the hella's or morettes but thats just my opinion.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

SL8RZZX3,Jan 6 2007, 11:31 PM Wrote:get these...

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/prod...products_id=340
[right][snapback]222478[/snapback][/right]

I really like those LED tails. To bad they are so much $
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Those LED tails are pretty awesome. They look close enough to stock that they aren't an eye-sore, but still improve the look a bit. You can get them in clear or gray but I think they look best in red.. you might be able to find them in North America and save yourself some money though.

I'd always suggest OEM European tails with the orange signal light and no reverse light, but it doesn't really look like you're going for the Euro theme with your car.

And it looks like you're missing the end pieces of your mid-wing there..
id get these good price including shipping

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Black-mirror-Ford-Focus...1QQcmdZViewItem
bunny might still have a set of tails up for sale (not possitive tho, haven't been 2 active on here as of late)..but u can check with him if he has them, you might like.
smith21,Jan 7 2007, 12:46 PM Wrote:bunny might still have a set of tails up for sale (not possitive tho, haven't been 2 active on here as of late)..but u can check with him if he has them, you might like.
[right][snapback]222519[/snapback][/right]

he's long time gone
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
here is pictures of all the tail lamps in question:

[Image: 22731rearxtreme.jpg]

[Image: ledruckl1.jpg]

[Image: 9afb_2.JPG]

I personally like number 2
My other ride is your Mom
Yeah, I like the morrettes but they are hard to find in Canada
might i suggest you tint the ones you have
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
redZX3,Jan 7 2007, 04:34 PM Wrote:Yeah, I like the morrettes but they are hard to find in Canada
[right][snapback]222536[/snapback][/right]

Ya they are but they're worth it if you can find a set.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

well going back to stock ones is a good idea, anything European would be better then those alteeza style of lights.... any day not to mention potential problems like leakage.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I say tint them! Tinted tails look great!
By the looks of it, I think that is what I am going to end up doing
if you really want there are a set of morette tails up for sale on focaljet
for 200 us
E.O MASIV
The best set of tails I have seen were on a sedan in Cold Lake Alberta back in July. He has a sangria red one like mine but he just used the smoke paint you can buy and when he did if he put a ford emblem on the tails with flames going upward from the logo....so where the logo and flames were, it was the stock red lense and then the smoking around it....looked really good at night......
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
^^ yea u could of done the same thing with my lights....that i actually brought for you....and that u actually said were gonna buy......but noooo :blink:

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Most Tailights for ANY Focus look stupid. Period. Only ones that look alright, are the WW ones that people painted to match, or the OEM ones from Europe. Otherwise, they look like too much of an add-on or "afterthought".

IMHO

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...