Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusbird's Car
so you all know Ruth she just joined as well as her 1.8 turbo was in last issue of Focusfanatics...or was it the one before..i forget but yeah anyways she has just isntalled a supercharger...to her her turbo focus :blink: I didn't even know it could be done but check it out , like she says supercharger on top and turbo on the botttom, she gained alot of power and now she does not suffer from any turbo lag which is good but they are still working on it neways..here it is

[Image: turboengine4.jpg]

[Image: turboengine3.jpg]

[Image: turboengine2.jpg]
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
holy shiz, it's like double-charged, and has spray...that has got to have some serious power...you gotta do some work on the block so that thing doesnt explode...

NOICE!!!!!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
i've heard of it being done, but have never seen at all before.
'03 Focus SVT
:ph34r: :ph34r: Can someone say boom?! I know the Zetec is a pretty strong little SOB but will it handle the stresses of being turbo supercharged w/ NOS?!?!
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
There is some sort of diverter that allows S/C'ing to a certain RPM then the turbo takes over correct? Otherwise the S/C'er is a "limiter" wrt flow? Whatever the case it looks awesome, I'd love to pull up to some "Jiffy Lube" and have them pop the hood and see that! Probably have to scape the 'tech' off the floor.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Thats Purdy!
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
God that's amazing..... very nice, plus looks also, wow.....
Is it possible to get more info on that setup??

Is the owner of this car, a member here?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
2001 ZTS,Nov 25 2004, 07:52 PM Wrote:There is some sort of diverter that allows S/C'ing to a certain RPM then the turbo takes over correct?[right][snapback]71633[/snapback][/right]

Nissan made a car called the March Super Turbo in the late 80s in Japan, I was reading about how it uses the supercharger for low RPMs and then switches over to turbo at higher RPMs.. It looked kind of cool, with a 930cc supercharged/turbocharged engine in a tiny little hatchback.

You'd have to have some pretty sophisticated ECU to make that work right I would think.
Flofocus,Nov 26 2004, 03:39 PM Wrote:Is it possible to get more info on that setup??

Is the owner of this car, a member here?
[right][snapback]71736[/snapback][/right]

yeah her name is focusbird on here
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Hello :)
Your car is siic, simply that, what kind of work was involved in that? and what kind of numb er are you putting out??
I thought that thing was the shiznit when I saw it in the mag! Now it's just F'ing crazy. :blink:
My current spec:

1.8 Zetec 16v
Jackson Racing M45 Supercharger kit
Modified Supercharger Drive Pulley (9 psi
OMEX 700 Engine Management
Wizard of NOS Nitrous Kit (75bhp jets)
2 x 11lb Bottles
Nitrous Oxide Systems Bottle Heater
Aquamist Water Injection System Running 0.5mm Jet
Alloy Water Injection Tank
Custom Made Poly-V Drive Belt
Hi-Lift Crower Stage-1 Cams
Focus Central Vernier Cam Pulleys
65mm Focus Central Throttle Body
2 BAR Weber/Marelli MAP Sensor
Hi-Flow Injectors 32 lb/hr
New Pistons (Modified Lowered Compression)
Forged Steel Arrow H Section Conrods
Multi-Layer Cylinder Head Gasket
Knife-Edged Crank
Custom Made Cam Followers
Custom Made Shims
Full Set of Custom Made Engine Hoses (Red)
Focus Sport Strut Brace
Focus Central Anodised Plug Cover
Magnecor Ignition Leads
Late Spec Rocker Cover (Colour-Coded)
AP Racing Hybrid 4 Puck Paddle Clutch
Lightened And Balanced Flywheel

I can honestly say that I don't understand it fully, it drives nice and I'm pleased with it - for any technical info you want I'll have to ask the man that knows B) I'd love to say I knew what it was all about, but I never pretend to know stuff I don't - if you see what I mean :)

Ruth :D
bloody awsome...

thats alot of work, good job
Hey Ruth, your over at FW.net also right? If that is you, I seen some pics of your car over there also and damn, that is truly amazing....
S2,Nov 28 2004, 04:38 AM Wrote:Hey Ruth, your over at FW.net also right?  If that is you, I seen some pics of your car over there also and damn, that is truly amazing....
[right][snapback]71914[/snapback][/right]

That's me :P
focusbird,Nov 28 2004, 08:44 AM Wrote:
S2,Nov 28 2004, 04:38 AM Wrote:Hey Ruth, your over at FW.net also right?  If that is you, I seen some pics of your car over there also and damn, that is truly amazing....

[right][snapback]71931[/snapback][/right]

is that also u in ur avatar :P
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
FociS8nt,Nov 28 2004, 05:01 PM Wrote:
focusbird,Nov 28 2004, 08:44 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]71931[/snapback][/right]

is that also u in ur avatar :P
[right][snapback]71940[/snapback][/right]

Um no :rolleyes: but I do have some pics of me dressed similar to that somewhere.....goodness me, I just can't think where they are :D :D
Wow. turbo super charged.... How unfair is that...

Why must you post those photos and be so cruel... lol. I can afford neither forms of FI and you have both... *sniff*
Run your car, not your mouth