Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Pics And A Question For Photography Buffs
ex1z7,

Thanks, yeah I'll just have to invest the time in reading the manual throughly and playing around with the camera. I have a 1GB card so I can take something like 300 shots at 6MP anyways (That's why batteries are a must, they'll croak before the card does)

As to PS, don't have it, can't afford it and not looking to have to use asbestos gloves to handle my PC :ph34r:

I do have GIMP installed so I can play with that (Though it's not as polished or as user friendly as PS likely is)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 15 2007, 03:45 PM Wrote:ex1z7,

Thanks, yeah I'll just have to invest the time in reading the manual throughly and playing around with the camera.  I have a 1GB card so I can take something like 300 shots at 6MP anyways (That's why batteries are a must, they'll croak before the card does)

As to PS, don't have it, can't afford it and not looking to have to use asbestos gloves to handle my PC :ph34r: 

I do have GIMP installed so I can play with that (Though it's not as polished or as user friendly as PS likely is)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]230700[/snapback][/right]

I have a 256 card and at 4.1mp I rock about 200 pictures, which I figure is more then enough.. When I get as many pictures as I think I'm happy with, I swap batteries with some alkalines that I have hanging around that die quick, and cycle through the pictures and delete the ones that obviously didn't turn out.. Then I swap back in the NiMh batteries and get back to shooting..

A trick to conserve batteries is.. Don't look at the pictures once you've taken them.. Like don't snap a picture and then get out of your position and look at it, zoom it in, check the details.. Do that every 5 pictures or 10 if you're getting really trigger happy with it.

If you're designating a few hours (at least 2 start to finish) to taking some pics.. after the first 5 or 6, in varying angles, check your pictures then, and see if they turned out in terms of quality.. colour.. everything, and then adjust a few things and take a few more pics - check how they look .. another few .. till you find exactly what you're looking for.

And if you want, I'll process some pics for you, a quick filter (like changing contrast or brightness etc..) takes me about 15 seconds a picture.. After a shoot of about 150-200-250 pics, I'll end up with 100, and editing those 100 for colour etc takes about 30 minutes.. And then after that, I'll edit them down from 2300x to 1024 or 1400.. Just something more manageable.. And then from that, I might shrink them one more time, then add a border and call it finished.

Usually I just do what a client wants. I'll give a client 3 or 4 different resolutions, usually I'll do a select few in black and white, at varying resolutions, and from then on.. just finish listen to what they want.

But I wouldn't mind playing around with some photo's of yours if you want like 20-30 to look just that little extra special.. You usually always have to mess with a photo a little to get what you originally wanted out of it.
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
Wow... this is a lot of information... I'll be in London for a few days next week and if the conference gets really boring, I'll take the camera and slip out for a few hours to see what kind of shots I can get (Don't tell anyone okay? :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 15 2007, 08:47 PM Wrote:Wow... this is a lot of information... I'll be in London for a few days next week and if the conference gets really boring, I'll take the camera and slip out for a few hours to see what kind of shots I can get (Don't tell anyone okay? :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]230746[/snapback][/right]

Man like I said, drop me a line on MSN and I can walk you through anything you're confused or overwhelmed on ..

It's really simple once you get into it.. You just need to /do it/ you know? Give it a few tries, fill your card a couple times and ask for some feedback here and there. You don't need a pro camera to shoot pretty pictures.. Use things around you for help, you can get some really interesting shots and angles by using things in your surrounding instead of a tripod..

But first things first.. Turn that silly flash off :P P&S camera's have sketch bag flashes that don't do anything right, so forget 'em.
^^did you take the pic down in your signiture?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Mar 15 2007, 11:12 PM Wrote:^^did you take the pic down in your signiture?
[right][snapback]230756[/snapback][/right]

As in, is it one of my photo's?

Yeah.
this may sound silly but the easiest way to get rid of the flash showing up in the reflection is to take a small peice of wax paper and put it over the flash. it will allow most of the light to get thru but will stop the glare........ :) :)
BCV6SVT,Mar 16 2007, 08:24 PM Wrote:this may sound silly but the easiest way to get rid of the flash showing up in the reflection is to take a small peice of wax paper and put it over the flash.  it will allow most of the light to get thru but will stop the glare........ :)  :)
[right][snapback]230909[/snapback][/right]

Tissue paper is more popular and easier, theres no waxy residue afterwards either.
^ yeah either way. i just never have tissue paper lying around. always have wax paper tho....:)
When I worked in camera retail, we used to sell various 'soft bounces'. Usually little tent like things that would slip over a flash. Check out Henry's or another photo only retailer.

Now, check and see if in your Sony if you have the flash compensation settings. You can adjust flash brightness by playing with that. No sure if it is on your model, but it was on the 828 and the 717 and other higher models. Should be on the H2.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Mar 20 2007, 09:12 PM Wrote:When I worked in camera retail, we used to sell various 'soft bounces'. Usually little tent like things that would slip over a flash. Check out Henry's or another photo only retailer.

Now, check and see if in your Sony if you have the flash compensation settings. You can adjust flash brightness by playing with that. No sure if it is on your model, but it was on the 828 and the 717 and other higher models. Should be on the H2.

Ryan
[right][snapback]231389[/snapback][/right]

Closest thing I could find to what you describe was a slow synchro flash setting (The flash is either auto, on, off or slow synchro) :unsure:

NefCanuck