Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50% Off Hids!?
I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but i'm thinking of upgrading my Mach HIDs to the deep purple 10000K's!

And HIDexpress.com is having a 50% off Xmas sale

and they also have conversion kits for the stock focus headlights................
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Nov 29 2004, 05:45 PM Wrote:they also have conversion kits for the stock focus headlights

Stay away from those conversion kits, As for 10,000k bulbs, those may be too much on the purple side. Your best bet is to go with 5000 to 6000k bulbs.
My other ride is your Mom
they still too expensive ...there are other well known sites that sells them for like $350...
keep searching ..you'll find them..

check also..
http://www.hidplace.com

and do more research thru car forums...you'll see..if I find them cheaper than Us $350..I'll post :ph34r:
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
Yeah 10,000k is really purple. Sunlight is somewhere around 5-6,000k isnt it? You'd think a color closer to natural sunlight would be better for lighting.
There are alot of guys here running the 5000 kits here. I talked to the one guy here who get sall his kits cheap from hong kong and he said he has never ran into a problem. He was selling them for $400CDN.
hid convesions for our headlights has been know to scatter the light on cheaper kits.
beware what you buy!
Hey I got a question...

Im looking for hid's soon for my car, and Ive been told by several people the hidplace is where to go.

I want the ~5300 white ones, but when you goto the description theres 2 prices, for single and dual beam.

Whats the difference?
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Dan, I can sell you my stock hid bulbs, since im upgrading them.

All you need now is ballasts and projectors. Try XenonDepot at Yonge & Steeles in Thornhill (Vaughan) ON.
ZX3TUNING,Nov 30 2004, 02:20 AM Wrote:hid convesions for our headlights has been know to scatter the light on cheaper kits.
beware what you buy!
[right][snapback]72171[/snapback][/right]

Yes, be aware that those retrofit kits for your stock headlights are very illegal for street use. Putting an HID into a reflector housing scatters the light badly and will blind oncoming cars.
Quote:I want the ~5300 white ones, but when you goto the description theres 2 prices, for single and dual beam.

Whats the difference?

Single and dual beam, as in low beam and high beam?

Notice the dual beam kits they sell are H4 only. For instance, if you wanted to put HID's in your stock Focus headlights, and you wanted low beam and high beams to be HID, you'd have to purchase the dual beam kit. (both filaments)
Otherwise, you wouldn't have high beams at all.
HIDs don't use filaments.. that's what the D (discharge) is there for...

can you clarify that explanation?
If you get the retrofit setup...just aim them low...
.... cars with stock hid's always blind me..dont know if its me...or at a certain point they blind other drivers...on the other hand they said illegal cause the DRL's..so use the fogs as DRL's right????
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
Well yah you're right naz, I don't know the technical name, but you know what I mean.

If you have a one bulb headlight, using the single HID kit will only give you low beams. You'll be SOL for high beams altogether, if this is fine with you and you don't need high beams for the highway or whatever than it'll make things cheaper.

The dual beam puts the low & high together I believe.

Of course we don't recommend retrofitting the stock headlights with HIDs.
dual beam hid is just a nickname for the type pf retrofit kit. it means that either the bulb will move up and down, or a shield on the bulb will move, to similate that of flashing your high beams.
But they don't actually stay brighter? It just flashes?
arc discharge bulbs have only two 'settings' on and off.. its not like a filament bulb where you have 55w low beam / 60w high beam or something

the difference between high and low beam is just the beam pattern

i believe its illegal to put HID into a housing that wasn't designed for them.. not sure if its enforced or not...

using 100w filament bulbs and an aftermarket wiring harness might be a more 'stealth' option that has fairly good results.. (other than melting a little bit of the inside of the lights if you use them too much)
It is certainly illegal in the US and it is being enfored at the manufacturer and distribusion level. This is why you are seeing prices so low, the kits are being dumped.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
My advice...stay away from any colour temps above 4100K
ALL, and I mean ALL OEM HID applications use just 2 bulbs...the Philips and the Osram, and always 4100K.
The colour shift you see if from the projector lens, as the light is refracted near the edge of the lens, and by the cut-off shield. It has NOTHING to do with the colour temp...
And if your gonna 'convert' your halogen housing for an HID bulb, your gonna get flashed alot...and if you wanna aim your headlights so low as to prevent this, then the HID's aren't gonna perform as well as the OEM halogens...and I would NOT use anything other than Philips or Osram bulbs, period!
I'm getting Ebay 'KS' dual halo projectors, yanking out the projector assembly, and dropping in some OEM (Audi A6) Valeo projectors/ballasts and Philips 'bulbs' from hidplanet.com
This will look and perform awesome!!
[Image: 160510.png]
[Image: 160577.png]
Quote:ALL, and I mean ALL OEM HID applications use just 2 bulbs...the Philips and the Osram, and always 4100K.
The colour shift you see if from the projector lens, as the light is refracted near the edge of the lens, and by the cut-off shield. It has NOTHING to do with the colour temp...

Uhhhh yeahhh... :huh:
Thanx for all the info guys!

I have Mach/Svt Hids, and was just looking into the 10,000k's as an appearance mod as i am planning on going with a black and purple colour scheme........

I'm taking my HIDs off the car for the winter and planning on changing most of the bulbs, the 194, the h7 and thought a "deep purple" 10,000k would look kinda cool in the chrome headlight housing.

So i was just wondering if that was a good deal or where can i find a better one?

Is there anywhere local I can get similar HID bulbs?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting