Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Ram Intake
Ok this is my story.
I needed a new car in November when my Monte Carlo died, it had to be good on gas and sporty. I ended up with a 07 Focus ST and I like it, kinda.
I need a little more power but I dont want to void my warrenty. I noticed on my car it seemed feel restricted at higher RPM's and I heard that exhaust and intake makes a huge deal on these cars. I dont want the thing to sound like a rice burner so the less noise the better, to a degree. I was thinking Steeda Short ram and a MBRP exhaust ( I was told Borla is great but its 2.5 tmes as much) if the Borla was under $500 I would think about it.

Anyways please help
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I know Nefcanuck and Nos have the Steeda intake for their cars and the thing is mint. No ricey sound and apparently adds a got amount of "pep" for little money. I'd hit those cats up for some more info on them.
and mbrp is the way to go
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
The Duratecs mod like mad for power gains with just an intake. I'm actually intake-less (aftermarket that is) right now, but I'll likely be getting the same intake Torradan has, which is the Marcy Motorsports CAI. Yes, MBRP FTW. I shot you a reply to your PM. ;)

NOS
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I run the Steeda SRI, pricier than other options out there, but it looks like it belongs there and was installed in about 20 minutes tops by another member here for me...

Switching out the filter for cleaning is a breeze with the Steeda, I dunno about the other set ups out there.

The Steeda gives the car a nice push in the 40-60km/h band that the stock airbox doesn't have (I suspect restrictive plumbing in the stock airbox to make that airbox last the 100K that Ford promises)

Add the MRBP and its fun times ;)

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 6 2007, 03:34 PM Wrote:The Duratecs mod like mad for power gains with just an intake. I'm actually intake-less (aftermarket that is) right now, but I'll likely be getting the same intake Torradan has, which is the Marcy Motorsports CAI. Yes, MBRP FTW. I shot you a reply to your PM. ;)

NOS
[right][snapback]233567[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the reply on the PM. Im still trying to figure it out...CAI or short ram
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
NefCanuck,Apr 6 2007, 08:13 PM Wrote:I run the Steeda SRI, pricier than other options out there, but it looks like it belongs there and was installed in about 20 minutes tops by another member here for me...[right][snapback]233612[/snapback][/right]
Well, 20 minutes if there's no socializing involved. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OK so where is a good place to get the Cosworth CAI? I know how to get the Steeda if I end up getting a short ram.
I live in Hamilton Ontario, is there any good shops around here who sell Cossie stuff?

Thanks
OAC_Sparky,Apr 6 2007, 09:16 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 6 2007, 08:13 PM Wrote:I run the Steeda SRI, pricier than other options out there, but it looks like it belongs there and was installed in about 20 minutes tops by another member here for me...[right][snapback]233612[/snapback][/right]
Well, 20 minutes if there's no socializing involved. :lol:
[right][snapback]233618[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Hey but that's half the fun, the kibitzing ;)

NefCanuck
Canadian ST,Apr 6 2007, 10:17 PM Wrote:OK so where is a good place to get the Cosworth CAI? I know how to get the Steeda if I end up getting a short ram.
I live in Hamilton Ontario, is there any good shops around here who sell Cossie stuff?

Thanks
[right][snapback]233619[/snapback][/right]

As for dealers in Canada, all I see is one:

http://www.cosworth.com/distributors.php
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
If you're stuck on the Cossie, order it directly from FocusSport. They're great guys to deal with and no-one in Canada can touch their pricing.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
hey where in hamilton do you live, i live off of stonechurch and upper sherman.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
kamilk69,Apr 7 2007, 10:37 AM Wrote:hey where in hamilton do you live, i live off of stonechurch and upper sherman.
[right][snapback]233679[/snapback][/right]
Hay whats up, im down on Hwy#8 and Greens Rd. I used to live off mud and first Rd
Canadian ST,Apr 6 2007, 03:03 PM Wrote:I dont want the thing to sound like a rice burner so the less noise the better, to a degree.
[right][snapback]233558[/snapback][/right]

If you want quite don't go with the MBRP! I have both Steeda SRI and MBRP 2.25 and the car is loud! Especially for any passengers in the back seat.
Performance & Cosmetic: Steeda Cold Air intake // Steeda 65mm throttle body // MBRP FlexBack exhaust // Steeda STS with hand made (by me) leather boots // tinted rear & triangles limo, doors 35%
Audio: Pioneer DEH P4700MP, larger JBL Door speakers, JBL amp and 10" JBL sub.
Next Mods: Front strut bar // rear engine mount // SCT Xcal 2 // Stage 1 Crane cams // SVT suspension // 17" rims.

Pics

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/gamers/my_...index.album?i=1
The Mailman 666,Apr 8 2007, 02:40 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Apr 6 2007, 03:03 PM Wrote:I dont want the thing to sound like a rice burner so the less noise the better, to a degree.
[right][snapback]233558[/snapback][/right]

If you want quite don't go with the MBRP! I have both Steeda SRI and MBRP 2.25 and the car is loud! Especially for any passengers in the back seat.
[right][snapback]233804[/snapback][/right]

I've decided to go Steeda SRI for now and when I get an Exhaust i'll get something with a stealth option. My car came with the factory tuned exhaust and I like the sound on it alot but it does nothing for performance
Anyone heard anything about the roush exhaust? I've seen the install sheet and it mounts after both the cats on the duratec and uses some of the mid pipe on the zetec.
First year with a Foci ' 03 ZX5 Silver
Baby seat, Roush Exhuast, more performance mods to come
Is it stainless? Cause if it's not, it's not worth buying. Aluminized steel has no place on a tuner car in Canada in my mind. I know the manicat and flex aren't, but still...

Pretty sure it's staineless! with a bunch od chrome too boot! I was attepmting to get a bunch of roush stuff (brakes, suspension, turbo, and trim items) but they have discontinued everything that is important. Can only get the exhuast! Crap! :angry:
First year with a Foci ' 03 ZX5 Silver
Baby seat, Roush Exhuast, more performance mods to come

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold Air Intake Or Short Ram? SmokeBCBuDZ 12 3,768 02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Last Post: zx5power