Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Front/rear On 2007 N.a. Focus
Is it possible without an insane amount of work? Have my searching skills failed me and there's some sort of how-to here?

Best sources for the front/rear clips?

I think I'd actually like to join the Euro'd crowd with the new car. I was going to go for the GFX rear/spoiler and something else for the front, but that still leaves the sides. Grrr.

Suggestions / sources / help appreciated.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
http://www.european-parts.net/
http://www.ffoc.co.uk/ - you might find some help here - just not for headlights
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ - try here for everything but headlights

and just save up!

you'll need bumpers f/r, side skirts, fenders, washerbottle, rear fogs, side markers, headlights, upper/lower grilles, front fogs, hood lock, hood, and i'm not sure maybe a upper rad support too
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I'd start out with the rear of the car, get to Euro tails and rear bumper it will be cheaper. maybe around $500 bucks for rear.

The front end is a little different, for sure you should get european front fenders with the side repeater, headlights you can a do a couple of different things and same with the grill and headlights.

just look for deals if you can, or even see if someone on one of the european sites will swap front ends with you.
'03 Focus SVT
Christ, considering that a Canadian Ford dealer wants $560 for the GFX top spoiler alone... I'd happily shell out $500 for the Euro rear cover.

So even though the headlights/fenders are similar, I'll need new ones of each for the Euro front cover? Interesting.

Are the actual dimensions such that the front fender will bolt right on without grief? I hear the rear cover bolts on without Euro rear fenders, correct?

I have a feeling I need to have a word with Mitch, but I haven't seen him around lately.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I want your front end if you replace it !

Or anyone elses for that matter.. 2005+ ftw.
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
If you do ill buy your headlights .. 560 for a gfx spoiler is a rip off lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
The front would be the same process as doing the 2000-04 conversion on a 2005+, just need the hood, headlights (euro headlights ideally), fenders (euro fenders if you want side repeaters), and your choice of euro bumper. Is the 2005+ washer fluid reservoir on the passenger side? Not positive about that one, modifications are needed to fit the side repeaters with the stock bottle on 2000-04.

The rear sedan bumper you'll probably be out of luck though, or not without some major modifications. The 2005+ sedan rear bumper and taillights are different from the 2000-04 so it's not a direct swap.. although the euro rear sedan bumper isn't drastically different from the north american one (shorter profile, but no rear reverse/fogs in it like that hatchback).
Oh and also depending on which euro front bumper you decide on, some trimming of the steel bumper itself could be necessary. I'm assuming you're looking at the 2002-04 euro bumper (the one Frost has on his sedan).. the larger foglight openings could require trimming a bit of the rebar.

You could get away with finding some fenders and a hood locally, sell off your 07 front end pieces, then just need to source the bumper, fogs, headlights and grills from a euro parts vendor (Mitch from ZX3tuning.com, european-parts.net from Germany, BatInc from Florida, european ebay sellers, etc). Just remember not to buy headlights from the UK since they'll be aimed for RHD use.
Heh, time to start a spreadsheet! This is going to take a serious amount of work and time.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far, guys.

the euro 98 rear has come down in price at europeanparts
http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/prod...?products_id=48
if you swap yours you should look into the impact bar and foam if you cant fab up your own
heres a pic of my rear its a huge change from N/A stock
[Image: rearright2edited.jpg]
What do you mean "look into the impact bar and foam"?

I love the look, man... that's what I want right there!

I take it you're still stock for the front?

NOS2Go4Me,May 21 2007, 11:15 PM Wrote:What do you mean "look into the impact bar and foam"?

[right][snapback]239197[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah i forgot to add those to the list, rear rebar and foam

rebar is basically the "bumper" and bolts to the frame and will be smaller than our NA version. i think the foam helps the bumper cover keep it's shape and offers resistance for minor impacts.
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Awesome - thanks Gord!

I think I'll try to start with the rear and go from there.

NOS2Go4Me,May 22 2007, 05:15 AM Wrote:What do you mean "look into the impact bar and foam"?

I love the look, man... that's what I want right there!

I take it you're still stock for the front?
[right][snapback]239197[/snapback][/right]

thanks sl8r
for the rebar i just welded up my own and saved money and cut down the foam to fit on it

as for the front i have a gfx front bumper now i got for really cheap :)
[Image: frontright1small.jpg]
I'm not much of a welder (ok, I don't weld)... so I'll have to find the correct rebar and see about cutting down the foam.

This may be in a couple of months, or it may not be till next year. We'll see, we'll see.

Thanks again for all the awesome info and input everyone!

Hey Nos, forgot you traded in for a hatchback..

The rear euro hatchback bumper is a huge improvement in looks over the north american one. Like it was said, you'll need the euro rebar and crash foam to do it properly..

You also have the option of doing the rear foglight on the drivers side with reverse on the passenger (like OEM euro Focus' have), or you can get the reverse lense from the UK and have 2 reverse lights in the bumper (or 2 fogs and no reverse). And then you can get euro tails with the orange seperated signal and no reverse in it.. or keep the red/clear north american look.

I think the only difference from the 98-02 and 02-04 rear bumpers is the bump strips on the 02-04 match the 02-04 front bumper bump strips, where the 98-02 rear is just totally smooth.
you know I could have given you a complete list of all you would have needed to do a front end swap NOS, keep in mind going the full 2002-2004 facelift route is about $3500 new for everything, including shipping & painting the parts to match. I did this mostly by going the used & new route over a year, and I'm about $2000 in, I'm not including the labour I put in wiring & fitting everything myself.

Keep in mind for anyone with a 2005 - 2007 Focus you can't Fit an OEM European Headlight Switch into the 2005 - 2007 Dash without down grading the dash or cutting it up to make it fit in place correctly. The only reason why I'm mentioning this is because the rear foglight switch is in the headlight switch, and it's a direct plug in the 2000 - 2004 model, and is not fused. So if you are wanting to hook up the rear fog(s) you'll have to add your own toggle switch, and wire it up differently.

as for the 2002 - 2004 Facelift Focus all the Rub strips on the bumpers are black on all models of the Euro Focus but the ST170 if your going that route.

and yes the 2005 - 2007 Focus has the washer bottle on the passenger side, not the drivers.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
3-4k on appearance. :blink: Cant say I didnt do it :blink: :lol:

Whats wrong with you. You want real torque? Put that money into your 2.0 Duratorque or whatever you call it :P

Get some sleeper in there before euro. :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Mmmm yeah, it's looking to be a lot more complex than I initially expected.

I don't want 50 miles of custom wiring to trace when a bulb goes out for "no reason".

Castone has his Euro rear on, I'll see if I can hit him up for some info if I do go ahead with it.

As for torque, that might be happening in a bigger way than you OR I expected, Nate. A 30 minute phone call to a certain California Focus tuner the other night revealed some interesting items of information. Something that I might build some vacation time around. ;)

NOS2Go4Me,May 25 2007, 02:46 PM Wrote:Castone has his Euro rear on, I'll see if I can hit him up for some info if I do go ahead with it.
yeah man, just let me know and i can make up a how to with pics for ya

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro Rear Bumper? Casper 10 4,266 12-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001