Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hids
can you guys have a look at item number 300121607092 on ebay and let me know what you think.
i know nothing about hids but these seem very easy to install cause they just plug and play. also what color should i be looking at getting.
and do you lose you high beams with hids.
there going in a 2007 st.
thanks alot.
Nothing in this world is that easy :)

I think the focus, atleast 00-04, has DRl's that run at 90% power and once you turn the headlights it will be 100% power. This might have a problem with the HID's. Low power might kill them fast. As for them being plug and play, well they are just going to plug in to H4 sockets. again this might have a problem with you bc our socekts are in a sealed unit and you must somehow bring the wires over.

can someone please correct me if i'm wrong. I know the 00-04 pretty well, but not too sure about 07's.

Everything is possible, its just not a plug and play.
Now having said that, here is some of the things you should look at

- Make sure the HID's to come with relay and harness, its usually little bit more, but it will resolve the low power DRL issue.
- As for the colour stay with 4500-6000K if you want it to look OEM. The higher the number, the more purple/pink it gets.
- As for high beams, would you loose them?? well depends on what you get, there are 3 types of H4's out there.
1- single tube, no high beams,
2- HID tube+halogen high beam attached
3- HID with Magnetic high+low(most expensive)

As for ebay, i would try to buy something local and brand name atleast this way it does come with warranty. There are couple of ppl that are selling HID's in Kijiji and its the same price, but in CDN.

Goodluck
MoMo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I put in Silverstar Ultras in my '07 St and they were 9007's, not H4's.
This kit looks neat, but would like to know of someone who tried it out first.
Anybody on here that has some cash to burn willing to try it out?

I would, but I'm gonna be getting a 2.5" mbrp exhaust when it becomes available.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Gravter,Jun 21 2007, 12:00 PM Wrote:I put in Silverstar Ultras in my '07 St and they were 9007's, not H4's.
This kit looks neat, but would like to know of someone who tried it out first.
Anybody on here that has some cash to burn willing to try it out?

I would, but I'm gonna be getting a 2.5" mbrp exhaust when it becomes available.
[right][snapback]242007[/snapback][/right]

well i was looking for hid's for my car for a while and i finally got them. i was told the bulbs were h4's also but they are 9007. i got this kit for a relatively low price and im so happy with it. here are some pics.

[Image: IM000349.jpg]

[Image: IM000348.jpg]

[Image: IM000347.jpg]

[Image: IM000346.jpg]