Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Kits
Best place(s) in canada (internet or otherwise) to get body kits. im just trying to see what candian prices are running cause i dont think getting one from the states is a good idea with shipping costs probly being crazy high.
also im gonna guess that urethane kits are better then fibreglass for fitment issues and the amount of prep labour required by the body shop??
any info would be appreciated
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
What are you looking for? Which kit?
S2,Dec 13 2004, 10:45 PM Wrote:What are you looking for?  Which kit?
[right][snapback]74414[/snapback][/right]

for a zx5

evo 3
r34
ww wrc kit on focus sport

and any suggestions u guys have on good looking kits

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
It really has everything to do with your personal taste..

All front bumpers will fit all different models of Focus, the hatchback rear will fit ZX3/ZX5/SVT, but sideskirts for the 3 doors that flare up onto the body will not work on the 5 door (they will interfere with the rear door opening). Keep that in mind when you're shopping.

I'm not a big fan of the Evo3 kit on any car other than the Evo3, but if you're looking at that kit make sure you buy it from an authorized retailer for JT Autostyles (I believe is the company name), there's some really bad immitations on ebay. My opinion extends to the R34 bumper..

If you're looking for Wings West products, go to their website and enter your postal code into the "Find a Dealer" section to find a local retailer.

Definitely take a look at what else is available though to see what else you like. Check out some of the european bumpers you can find on bosseuroparts.com too. Also you might check out this thread on FocalJet: http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...&gonew=1#UNREAD (I know I know, linking to FocalJet is frowned on, but I do what I want, I'm the boss! :P ) If you find someone in those galleries with a kit you like, post a pic and one of us should be able to identify it for you.
ZX5focused,Dec 14 2004, 03:48 AM Wrote:
S2,Dec 13 2004, 10:45 PM Wrote:What are you looking for?  Which kit?
[right][snapback]74414[/snapback][/right]

for a zx5

evo 3
r34
ww wrc kit on focus sport

and any suggestions u guys have on good looking kits
[right][snapback]74415[/snapback][/right]

well your kinda looking at the wrong kits man.

Evo 3 - Fiberglass
The R34 - Cheap ebay special
Wings West WRC, is nicest but requires the most work due to the fender flares and such that have to be worked in.
Run your car, not your mouth
I kinda like the xenon body kit for some reason, most say they don't like it, but dunno, its the kit i've always wanted.....

[Image: fddd90a8.jpg.orig.jpg]
[Image: 346271_9_full.jpg]
nearest wings west dealer is guelph, so that dont help much
i like this one its the euro RS one right?
http://jason.hodges.cc/Yellow%20Focuses/th...rl5050_jpg.html
this one is just a SVTF front bumper wiht a lip kit correct?
http://jason.hodges.cc/Blue%20Focuses/thum...ULLSAN_jpg.html

thanks for the help
how much would it cost me to pick up a used svtf front bumper?

How are your driving habits?

I find alot of the "American" kits lower then the euro kits. If you plan on lowering and such that could cause a problem. Some ppl run into probs some ppl dont.

I would stick with a urethane kit (stock euro, wings west, xenon to i think) or an ABS Plastic (Reiger) becuase the quality is a lot better where as a fiberglass is not.

I find the urethane and abs kits much easier to fit to. I have yet to see a glass kit to fit 100% the first time and always require some modification. Im assuming your not driving your car in the winter if you have a kit BUT if you are (many ppl do for some reason) the fiberglass can become very delocate when in freezing tempatures. I seen a guy just nugg up a tad to close to a curb and the kit seriously just snapped like a twig. Maybe he got alemon lol but ya. Either way you go body kits and winter dont mix LOL

There are some companies out there like BuddyClub2, VIS that do make a better qaulity fiberglass kit. I dunno this is just on experience and freinds experience. Its becuase the one is hand laid where as the other is not. Correct me if im wrong on that.

Ppl also say urtehane is harder to paint LOL Take it to the dealor to get it painted and you will be fine. They paint stock urethane bumpers all the time.

A good experice I had was with my kit. Leaving my dads work going down the exit ramp. Was not paying attn and I seriusly dove nose first into the ground. All i got was a tiny scratch. Im sure if that was a fiberglass kit it would of ben worse.
[Image: CHIBULLSAN.jpg]

The lip is xenon
Run your car, not your mouth
Ya. This one is the older RS version now known as the collection bumper...

[Image: Fstgrl5050.jpg]
Yeah stay away from fiberglass. Make sure the kit is poly urethane. Check out these threads I posted at FF.com.... might give you some more ideas for exterior kits. The euro stuff is awesome, check out http://www.european-parts.net for the majority of the popular exterior kits. Click the MK1 area......

Body/Lip Kit Companies
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=31513

Links to other Exterior Ideas (Check out the Stickies I posted)
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdi...p?s=&forumid=45
thanks S2
i really like the cervinis kit, thats the one that i wanted when i was looking at getting a zx3, but do to cost of insurance and finding a good deal, i got a zx5. as of now though i think im just gonna wait til im actually have the money and i decide how much i wanna spend on a kit before i make any final decicisions. i think im still leaning towards the wrc kit, i know a guy whos good with bodywork that couls probly work in the fender flares and i have an idea on how to get the rear one to fit on a zx5. but going wider is also gonna cost me more in wheels and tires.

So you know, the cervinis kit is only for the ZX3. The side skirts are pretty dramatic on that kit and block where the door would open on a ZX5. However I did see a ZX5 with that kit, but the doors would not open (think he wanted it like that, was strange).....
S2,Dec 14 2004, 11:52 AM Wrote:So you know, the cervinis kit is only for the ZX3.  The side skirts are pretty dramatic on that kit and block where the door would open on a ZX5.  However I did see a ZX5 with that kit, but the doors would not open (think he wanted it like that, was strange).....
[right][snapback]74491[/snapback][/right]

the sideskirts were one of the things i liked best on that kit, but i do need the use of my rear doors and i dont think there could be anyway to retrofit so that they could still open. im pretty sure that i could the wrc kit to fit with a little trimming, some shaving and some body filler, and without losing any of the style.

Does zx3tuning carry wings west?
maybe i could get a general price idea from him

I bought my kit in the city here (Wings West kit) from Grandwest.... you can probably contact them.

http://www.grandwestauto.com/contact_us.htm

I know that they ship Canada wide. The WRC kit for the focus through WW is extremely expensive, especially if your going for the back wing also. For example, my WW W-TYP LIP kit including the midwing listed for $1600CDN plus taxes and shipping....

Also know that it'll probably run you upwards of $750 to $1000 to paint and install that kit.... plus even more for the modifications to the rear wheel wells to get that to fit.
right now focussport is selling the wrc kit without the wing for $800 US and $1040 US with the wing. if i wanted that shipped and with duty it would probly come out about the same. im planning on going without the wing if i do. but ill probly have a new one torn on brokerage and duty fees if i get it from the US. Ill post when i get a canadian price.

Works out to about $1300CDN plus shipping which will be quite expensive due to oversizing.

For example, a set of Eibach Pro's I got from Cali this past summer for $200USD new gave me a $55CDN brokerage fee. Something to kinda gauge the price on.

I would check out or contact WW straight out and ask them for a Canadian dealer.
i sent an email to my nearest dealer which is 300 kms away. ill let u know what the send me back.

The best looking bodykit, is the european bumpers, its not actually a bodykit per se, but its replacement front and rear bumpers that will leave your car with an appearence identical to the focus models sold in europe. I believe ZX3tuning, Boss Euro Parts, and RPM Labs sell variants of this kit.
My other ride is your Mom
So does Sascha over at http://www.european-parts.net

Euro stuff is nice, definitely unique over here in North America.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter v.s. Body Kits moon111 8 2,785 07-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.
  Body Kits...cheap! audionut405 8 2,847 01-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Pics Of Body Kits focuzedn2o 3 1,678 09-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Last Post: focuzedn2o