Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Work
Is there any good site that you guys would recommend for "HOW TO BODY WORK"?
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
focusonthis_88,Sep 24 2007, 01:04 PM Wrote:Is there any good site that you guys would recommend for "HOW TO BODY WORK"?
[right][snapback]249390[/snapback][/right]

Dont do anything with Bondo. You'll need to weld to fix up the rust spots on your car. It wont be cheap.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
what kind of body work??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Flofocus,Sep 24 2007, 03:38 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Sep 24 2007, 01:04 PM Wrote:Is there any good site that you guys would recommend for "HOW TO BODY WORK"?
[right][snapback]249390[/snapback][/right]

Dont do anything with Bondo. You'll need to weld to fix up the rust spots on your car. It wont be cheap.
[right][snapback]249401[/snapback][/right]

But why??? :( Why weld??
If it is just surface rust that needs to be fixed, I would just grind it down provided there is still a good amount of metal there and use a thin coat of good quality body filler to smooth it out. I'm leaving a few important steps out here ;)

I would say if theres any holes, that yeah you probably want to have them cut out and a new piece welded inplace, but I don't think any of your rust is that bad.
hardk0re,Sep 24 2007, 06:26 PM Wrote:If it is just surface rust that needs to be fixed, I would just grind it down provided there is still a good amount of metal there and use a thin coat of good quality body filler to smooth it out.  I'm leaving a few important steps out here ;)

I would say if theres any holes, that yeah you probably want to have them cut out and a new piece welded inplace, but I don't think any of your rust is that bad.
[right][snapback]249416[/snapback][/right]

I don't think it's that bad either....
focusonthis_88,Sep 25 2007, 08:22 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Sep 24 2007, 06:26 PM Wrote:If it is just surface rust that needs to be fixed, I would just grind it down provided there is still a good amount of metal there and use a thin coat of good quality body filler to smooth it out.  I'm leaving a few important steps out here ;)

[right][snapback]249416[/snapback][/right]

I don't think it's that bad either....
[right][snapback]249450[/snapback][/right]

on your hatch.,...it is that bad. Body filler will only last a year before you need to cut it out and do it properly. Trust me, I redo my accords rear 1/4 panels every year with fiberglass & body filler. Its cheap, but, always comes back.
Quote:on your hatch.,...it is that bad.  Body filler will only last a year before you need to cut it out and do it properly.  Trust me, I redo my accords rear 1/4 panels every year with fiberglass & body filler.  Its cheap, but, always comes back.

An accord...why am I not surprised... :P
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Sep 26 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:
Quote:on your hatch.,...it is that bad.  Body filler will only last a year before you need to cut it out and do it properly.  Trust me, I redo my accords rear 1/4 panels every year with fiberglass & body filler.  Its cheap, but, always comes back.

An accord...why am I not surprised... :P
[right][snapback]249624[/snapback][/right]

rust comes with owning hondas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body Work/ Paint Job Ignited83 2 1,300 01-17-2008, 04:53 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  How Much Would You Pay For This Kinda Body Work? Raine 22 6,135 08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Last Post: schade