Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apexi Ws Update
ok i thought i would just update the situation with me:

i went to buffalo today to pick up my apexi ws2 exhaust for the focus hatch (even though i have a sedan). I was a little surprised when i opened it see that it didn't come with the shiny stainless steel MUFFLER that i wanted. Instead it has just the 4" ss tip and the muffler is in the middle (hidden and tucked under the undercarriage).

It's still nice but i really wanted the muffler at the end like it is on the honda's and other japanese cars.

Why is the muffler in the middle for the focus? Can't the muffler fit where the stock "lunchbox" muffler used to be?

Well here's the pics and tell me what you think. I obviously have to get it lengthened a couple of inches to fit the sedan length ......any thoughts?

[Image: apexiwssj2.jpg]
Be the change you want to see in this world.
oh and a year ago i bought the trubendz magnaflow (but never installed it or used it).....i just sold it today....here it is
[Image: exhaustkitpichm6.jpg]
you went from the right fit to the wrong fit??? :lol:

come on bro.....truebandz aint a bad catback......i think ur done too much work....and still have to make it longer

all the best
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
yes i have to lengthen it.....but what i wanted was the "signature" ss apexi ws muffler tip. But since the picture and the actual item is different, now this system looks practically just like the trubendz magnaflow.

here's what the picture always showed but i guess i was misled by apexi/other sellers since you can see clearly what i got is not what this picture looks like.

Do you think i might have a case to refund or exchange my system because the picture and the actual kit doesn't look the same. Not to mention in the description, it says ws 2 is a stainless steel sus304 muffler with the classic look, etc etc....but look at my kit, there's no ss muffler, just the tip.

[Image: indexwsbigbb9.jpg]
You realize that as soon as NOS2G04ME reads this, he'll tell you that you should have bought an MBRP exhaust :lol: Sorry, I can't help you, but when it comes to car parts, I go and physically see them, then I buy them. Call up the manufacturer and see what they say.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
believe me i would have loved to go and see it in person but when the maker's are in Japan and California.....i pretty much can only go on the description and picture they give us. I kinda think it was misleading. It's still an apexi ws2 exhaust system, just not how i thought it was going to look and there's no stainless steel muffler as described in their description.

Shoulda bought a mbrp! :D
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
MBRP Over rice for life.
Hrm, I dunno, only way you have a case to go after the company is if the clearly advertise a 100% stainless steel system (in writing, not just pictures, because they'd have a disclaimer "pictures may not be of actual product") and what they sent you was less than that. That's false advertising...

NefCanuck
from what ive read this IS one of the quietest system made for the focus. right up there with HKS actually. i didnt even think to look at my focus pics folder i could have sent you installed pics i snagged from FJ. hope everything works out. worst case you COULD add a WS2 rear muffer to the tail section. shouldn be a huge deal with the sedan.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
hey what this worth ? i like it very stealth
and where could i order one from?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
It looks like a very good quality system!

My guess is it is ceramic coated stainless steel?!

if so it will be a very durable system, and since it will have to be extended to fit a sedan do as Bigman says and have an Apex muffle added on

good luck! and don't sweat the appearance so much as you have good quality
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
thanks for the replies. Yeah, the apexi ws2 system definitely is one of the quietest performance catbacks - stealth like because it doesn't scream for attention and it's definitely not ricey sounding.

The coating according to their description is a titanium particle paint - it also appears to be double layered piping because when i look at the pipes there's two layers of steel.

Yeah, i was definitely looking into just buying the muffler i guess and add it on to this system (but i will have spent $$$ on this setup).

I'll let you guys know wht happens
This is made in Japan too.

But for some crappy news....my dad is pissed off i spent money on this even though there's nothing wrong with stock exhaust. He doesn't believe in fixing or adding anything tha ain't broke.

So he's coming to see it and 90% sure he'll tell me NO and I might have to RESELL this system!!

CRAAAPPPP....i bought the trubendz magnaflow last year and didn't install it and sold it just a few days ago! Now i bought the apexi ws2 and might have to sell it too!! this sux but good for anyone in Toronto/GTA who might be interested in picking up this brand spanking new HARD TO GET apexi ws2 system....not to mention how costly it is but IF I HAVE TO SELL IT, YOU DEFINITELY WON"T FIND A BETTER PRICE FOR THIS SYSTEM because it's right here in Toronto and u only need to drive a few minutes to pick it up and yours (no border fees, no shipping cost, no brokerage fees).

I'll let you know if i have to sell it .....hopefully not....i want to keep it and install it dammit! I drove all the way to Cheektowaga, NY to pick this baby up and all for what cuz my dad is pisssed and wont let me install it.

a few more pics

[Image: apexi3dk0.jpg]
[Image: apexi2nq2.jpg]
[Image: apexi1nj3.jpg]
lol dude....don't listen to your dad........its your car (or maybe not :blink: )
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
If your spending your own money on your own car, what's your Dad's problem? If it's his money your spending, well then, your toasted. If you bought the exhaust and it's a lease that your Dad is paying for, your toasted. Of course, you could get it put on and not bother informing him of it. :lol:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I dunno if its your money and your car. If it is, here's what you do (I say this because I had this exact same issue when I pulled off my stock system for the MBRP)

You just explain to your dad that while he may think its a "waste" to remove a perfectly fine & functional system, you want to make the car your own and you're doing it with your own money.

Parents forget that they too spent $ in their younger years on stuff that if they were honest, their parents didn't approve of either

My dad liked to tell the story of his car repair hobby while he was still living in Switzerland, he used to bring cars home in the dead of night, pushing them into the driveway to try and stealth their arrival so that his mother couldn't chew him out then & there :P

Though she caught him once and told him to get rid of a car he brought home, he was so pissed that he took a sledgehammer to the car right in front of her and beat the crap out of the car and then removed the car. What he was trying to prove to her with that stunt I dunno :huh:

NefCanuck
Is it your or your dad's car?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Ok well i think i got something cleared up. It was originally my parents car but they gave it to me when i had to move to T.O. for studies....turns out i'm not keeping the car afterall but just borrowing it from them for a few years and then i'm supposed to give it back to him. And all this timei thought it was going to be my car eventually. Guess not. Screw it...making new plans now....i'm going to save up to buy my own in a couple years. I thought this car was eventually going to be mine that's why i was planning to add some mods and do stuff to it.

Plus my dad is like, "it's illegal to have those kind of exhaust in canada" and the typical parent to child speech about ALL THE THINGS IN LIFE I CAN"T DO.

btw, anybody know a cheap way to fill up some small holes in the wall (dry wall)?
Does like dollar stores sell them? I need to paint over them too. Don't ask how those holes were made :)