Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Mileage
How does 357 klicks to a tank rank for a 2002 SVT Focus that's, driven mostly in town (probably 80%)?
id say thats pretty good. my dads fofo gets 400 to the tank for pretty much all city driving. so for an svt i'd say thats pretty good.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Cool... I should also mention, that I'm not too easy on the loud pedal. ;)
someone will probably try and call bs cuz I know I would too but I got from london to north bay on less than a tank last month driving at around 115-120.. (1 notch under a quarter left when I got there). I couldnt believe it, and I have a crazy exhaust leak right now..
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.
Sounds pretty good, im only getting around 520km now, with an SPI and 99% highway :(
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
520 would be great... But I highly doubt I could get that with an SVT. However , I think 400 is possible if I were to drive like a normal person. lmao

In case anyone is worried. I don't speed to any real extreme... 5 over in town (max), and 10-20 over on the highway.
I think I drive pretty normal, not too old manish yet, 'cause I don't own a Buick Regal anymore, but my Zetec gets 510- 540 kms per tank.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
ok guys , i've got an 02 svtf and commute from east scarborough to mississuaga everyday except sunday,and my gas usually lasts for a little over 540kms on a tank.This is my third focus and it burns better than the previous 03 zetec and 02 spi.Kinda lucky with focus's so far
That's pretty decent... I average 350-400 around town, depending on my cruising habits... pure hwy is still over 600 per tank.

We can go from our door to my parents' door (~320KMs) on about 20L or so of gas. 22-23L if I hammer it (120+ at times).

That's an 07 ZX5 SES with ATX, but also with the FS 3" CAI, MBRP 2.5" flex-back exhaust and FS-tuned XCal2 (91 octane only) programming.

Trinifoci - you're burning 91 octane by default, so as long as you're not too aggressive you'll do just fine.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
wow. something must be wrong with my car.. I never get 500 per tank highway.... Thats why i thought my trip was crazy
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.
550-600 here, mostly highway.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
my fofo gets insane milage on the highway...if i do 100km/h i get 200kms per quarter of a tank. if i go to 120 i get 125kms per quarter of tank LOL, but the best one is, if i do like 80 i get like 250 per quarter of tank.
usually i get 450km before light comes on and that's 95% city driving.

Now that its almost winter i think the stations change the gas to winter gas (which you normally get less mileage) cuz now i only get 400 km city driving.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
what exactly is winter gas?

p.s. i noticed you live in north york, im going to pee my pants if you're a few houses away from me lol.
Spinal,Nov 8 2007, 10:25 AM Wrote:what exactly is winter gas?

p.s. i noticed you live in north york, im going to pee my pants if you're a few houses away from me lol.
[right][snapback]252421[/snapback][/right]

"Winter gas" is so named because it has additives to prevent fuel line freezing (usually ethanol which also acts as a natural octane booster)

NefCanuck
I'm getting about 400 - 450 kms to a tank and it's all city driving.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
seems about right, I get about 200km per half a tank in my SVT. I've been tracking my mileage since the day I got my car, it does pretty good mileage.

also a slight increase with a tune.
'03 Focus SVT
Ethanol will eventually eat your fuel injection system for lunch, especially o-rings and other rubber-based parts.

Go with 91... no ethanol at all!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 8 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:Ethanol will eventually eat your fuel injection system for lunch, especially o-rings and other rubber-based parts.

[right][snapback]252440[/snapback][/right]

Is that true even of a "winter" blend though? :huh:

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 8 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:Ethanol will eventually eat your fuel injection system for lunch, especially o-rings and other rubber-based parts.

[right][snapback]252440[/snapback][/right]

Uh-oh. I've been using Sunoco Ultra 94 pretty much since I got the car, with the exception of getting gas at Shell on the way home from picking up the car that is.