Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Fog Light
does a rear foglight exist for the ford focus? my buddy told me it does but im not sure. im driving a zx5.
only on the european models
the hatch tail lights have the brake and turn signals in them
and the back up light and rev fog light are integrated into the rear bumper
heres a pic of a euro rear, the back up light is in this pic
the rev fog is solid red instead of red and white

[Image: rearright2edited.jpg]
i love that euro bumper

bump bump
here's the sedan version of the European rear foglights.

Lights on, with rear fogs on

[Image: RearFog2.jpg]
[Image: RearFog.jpg]

OEM European Sedan Tail lights

[Image: 000_0286.jpg]
[Image: 000_0259.jpg]

European Headlight Switch

[Image: 000_0250.jpg]
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
on the European Headlight switch..... what is options 1 and 2. I'm guessing 0 is OFF for the rear fog light.

And is that unit directly interchangable with the one we have in all our cars? good ol US Spec ?
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
SVTGuy02,Jan 10 2008, 12:46 PM Wrote:on the European Headlight switch..... what is  options 1 and 2. I'm guessing 0 is OFF for the rear fog light.

And is that unit directly interchangable with the one we have in all our cars? good ol US Spec  ?
[right][snapback]255873[/snapback][/right]

P - City lights in your headlights plus your plate lights and dash light will light up

other functions are the same but with the headlight switch you have to pull the switch twice to turn on the front and then rear fogs. plus there is the leveler dial on there as well.

Yes the OEM European headlight switch is a direct plug in the 2000 - 2004 Focus Only. It will not fit into a 2005 - 2008 focus as the headlight switch and dash changed in the 2005 / 2008 facelifts.

To set up the rear foglight in your 2000 - 2004 Focus you have to run a wire all the way from the foglight to the switch and place a female end on the wire and then slip it into the empty slot on the plug, then just plug in the headlight switch. The Focus rear Fog is not fused, as it is hotlined.

If you add the Rear Foglight to your 2005-2007 Focus you will have to make your own toggle switch, or add in your own button to make this work. the other option is down grading your dash.. but it's costly.

Also, UK or RHD headlight switches will not work as they are angled incorrectly to fit into a LHD Focus Dashboard.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
VERY helpful information..... that would be weird, pulling TWICE! hahh a whole new concept to us US Spec'ers

Those headlight switches must be hard to find? I'm guessing they're as hard to find as the ST170 Headlights are. boo..... I want one!

I recently did the Euro rear conversion. I got my signals, brake, and parking lights working.... the fog light I was thinking of just wiring it up to a toggle switch but having the PROPER headlight switch would be SWEET!

ME WANT EURO HEADLIGHT SWITCH!!
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
i have an 05 so i just added one of these into my center console behind the shifter

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...fromSearch=true
I've got two already... I just don't want to clutter up my center console inside with wires, and the outside with switches everywhere.

Loyal Focus Owner!!!
SVTGuy02,Jan 10 2008, 04:28 PM Wrote:VERY helpful information..... that would be weird, pulling TWICE! hahh   a whole new concept to us US Spec'ers  

Those headlight switches must be hard to find? I'm guessing they're as hard to find as the ST170 Headlights are.  boo..... I want one!

I recently did the Euro rear conversion.  I got my signals, brake, and parking lights working.... the fog light I was thinking of just wiring it up to a toggle switch but having the PROPER headlight switch would be SWEET!

ME WANT EURO HEADLIGHT SWITCH!!
[right][snapback]255885[/snapback][/right]

I got the Euro switch from Mitch a few years ago, you want the Ghia headlight switch as it has all the functions on it, the basic Euro headlight switch has just rear fogs, and maybe the leveler & dimmer, but no front fog switch.

odd thing is when you put your lights into the Park setting it shuts off your DRL's until you turn off your lights or turn them on. I have yet to set up the headlight motors, and city light functons. Also you can turn your rear fogs on in the park setting as well, however the front ones will not light up untill you turn your full lights on.

If anyone want the pic of the back of the OEM European Switch for the wiring let me know as I have the pics of how to do it.
The leveler control on the light switch is cool. I rented a euro focus while in Ireland last summer. You can use it to pan the lights up/down so you can see further down the road. It was really useful!
Does that mean that there is a little motor inside the headlight assembly that moves the light up/down based on what the leveler switch is set at?
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
SVTGuy02,Feb 11 2008, 03:46 PM Wrote:Does that mean that there is a little motor inside the headlight assembly that moves the light up/down based on what the leveler switch is set at?
[right][snapback]257785[/snapback][/right]

yes, thats why there is that numbered wheel on the dial above the dimmer, it's hard to get the OEM Ford Headlight Motors, but, people who have set them up used VW headlight motors, out of old Jettas / Passats, from what I've read.