Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawk Brake Pads
I've decided to invest in hawk hps front brake pads when my current stock brake pads need changing. They are just causing way too much dust brake and my stock but pretty 5 spoke rims are turning yellow.

Anyone know where i can get the hawk hps front brakes for a good price?? I've checked steeda but they sell em for $85. Most US sites sell it for around $60 and that's US dollars....so it's more like $52 cdn.

Looking for any other places that sell hawk hps brakes.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
try and get them from mitch at zx3tuning if he is still alive

what rotors are you going to run?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
take a look at the hawk ceramic pro pads as well. those should have even less dust and noise
thanks, i've given up on Mitch completely! He hardly ever replies or takes the time (but i guess its cuz he's a busy man) whenever i needed parts or needed to order anything. I won't bother to waste my time trying to call him or get anything from him. I think Mitch pretty much works with inside people and not very open to new customers cuz he's a busy man.

I want to stay away from ceramic pads cuz those will kill the rotors (Unless you buy high grade rotors too but I am using stock rotors....i just want to change the brake pads to a low dust brake pad and the HPS series are low brake dust and also gentle on rotors....i've heard nothing but good reviews about them).

Be the change you want to see in this world.
i just bought some canadian tire ETC rotors. Monroe pads....and called it a day :)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I'd give RPM Motorsports a call. I just got front EBC pads/rotors (slotted/drilled) for $270 taxes incl. http://www.rpmmotorsports.ca
cornflakes,Nov 15 2007, 01:27 AM Wrote:I want to stay away from ceramic pads cuz those will kill the rotors (Unless you buy high grade rotors too but I am using stock rotors....i just want to change the brake pads to a low dust brake pad and the HPS series are low brake dust and also gentle on rotors....i've heard nothing but good reviews about them).
[right][snapback]252855[/snapback][/right]

i dont think you are thinking about the same kind of ceramic pad i am talking about

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?...ce+Ceramic+Pads

they supposedly have even lower dust than the hawk hps.

hawk hps is a good choice, just wanted to put the ceramics out there, because i believe they were cheaper than the hps

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake Pads And Rotors Raypro 7 2,388 07-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Last Post: silvermist
  Brake Pads For Svt Focus penguinboy 6 2,377 09-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING