Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior Mass Cleanup
Personally, I haven't had an issue with the black cloth hockey tape going gummy. Of course, YMMV. It doesn't take the place of insulating electrical tape -- it's good though to wrap wires together and helps to mechanically protect the wires from abrasion.

For long runs I use tyraps. You can buy these self-adhesive bases from Princess Auto by the bag fairly cheap. They work great:

[Image: 972064.jpg]
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
ANTHONYD,Mar 14 2008, 07:47 AM Wrote:Also, I would have waited until summer to do this project. With the mild temps during the day and cold temps at night currently, you're taking a chance on having condensation on the floor when buttoning this little project up.

It might not hurt to grab a can of undercoating and give the whole floor a thin coat to prevent future rust before putting all the carpet back down. I dunno, just a suggestion.
[right][snapback]259980[/snapback][/right]

The car is inside my garage at the moment.... Everyday that I come to it theres no moisture anywhere, and after cleaning the soaked driver side under piece that was soaked in oil (the one that goes under the pedals) and after drying out the passenger side, it hasnt been damp at all! :D

REALLY good thing I did all this :)

and, as for those tie downs.... I'll be picking up some of those! Princess Auto here I come! :D
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
thumbs up on that square clip thing..but before stick onto, clean the surface real good..

and about the securing dvd into slot..
when you slide cage into din opening, use flat head screwdriver and try bend as much as possible..
and unit itself, all depends on brand and model, it will be held by small screws or slide in(in this case, keys come with it)..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Mar 14 2008, 05:50 PM Wrote:and about the securing dvd into slot..
when you slide cage into din opening, use flat head screwdriver and try bend as much as possible..
and unit itself, all depends on brand and model, it will be held by small screws or slide in(in this case, keys come with it)..
[right][snapback]259996[/snapback][/right]

So does that mean the ONLY way to secure this DVD player in the dash is to bend those metal thingys up?

The plastic harness piece is still quite easy to get out :unsure:

They could just take the whole plastic harness, with the case and its bent up pieces.

You've got a pre 05 focus Leo, how would you FULLY secure a head unit into the dash?
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
radio bezel is hold by 4 screws..
and only way is to bend pieces..so the cage is not coming out..
then slide unit in, it will lock in there..
you need key(comes with unit) to remove the unit out from the cage..

if you do this properly, they cannot grab and go..
it will take so much longer to steal..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
:postpics:
konafocuswrc,Mar 18 2008, 12:29 PM Wrote:radio bezel is hold by 4 screws..
and only way is to bend pieces..so the cage is not coming out..
then slide unit in, it will lock in there..
you need key(comes with unit) to remove the unit out from the cage..

if you do this properly, they cannot grab and go..
it will take so much longer to steal..
[right][snapback]260133[/snapback][/right]

that's what I thought... when my car got broken into, they used a rather large screwdriver to provide the proper motivation to get the head unit out.

Had to repair some bracketry, replace the radio bezel and learn to deal with the scratched vynil below the bezel.

The only thing they left me with was the remote receiver (good luck listening to the radio -- ha!), $300 in damage to the interior, and the screwdriver they used to do the damage...

[Image: IMG_3730.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

05+ focus is easier to steal..
bezel pops out, remove screw, then gone..
can do it in 30 sec..

get alarm system or somethihng, and hook up tazer..wazzzap~lol

sorry to hear about $300 damages..ouch~
The bezel in my 02 pops out very easily as well!

With the bezel out, they can just take the din adapter for the head unit, unplug the back pieces and boom, theyre off!

Also, ICBC requires that its attached to the vehicle for it to be covered, How do I properly attach it? or is it the same way you mentioned up above, by bending the clips up?

oh and no pics yet becuase its at a shop getting my Koni Coilovers installed! :D:D
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
So as part of my NEXT project, now that the DVD player is installed and working time to move on to PHASE 3 of the interior cleanup and preparation:

SOUND DAMPENING

I ended up buying 40' of "Dynamat" Same stuff but cheaper and a teeny bit thinner.

Now that I've got all the carpets out it should be very easy to dampen the under flooring with a layer, then do the entire trunk. Both Driver and Passenger doors have Dynamat on them already, and so does the rear (behind the side paneling)

I plan on doing under the rear seats as well most likely (although you will definately see it. when the seats are folded up. not sure if I want that yet)

This is only the beginning:

[Image: P3250374.jpg]
Loyal Focus Owner!!!