Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Products
My next door neighbour, my mechanic, bought a newer car, and wants to keep it nice and shiny. (He didn't get a Focus, 'cause the salesman didn't want to go out in the cold )

He and I would like to know what are the best car care items.
Glass Cleaner
Soap
Wax
Rim Cleaner and Polish
Tire Shine

Thanks.

Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....

Glass Cleaner (EAGLE 1)
Soap (SIMPLE GREEN CAR WASH)
Wax (MOTHER'S CLAY BAR, CLEANER WAX, SEALER, PROTECTANT) *3 SEPERATE BOTTLES*
Rim Cleaner and Polish (MOTHERS)
Tire Shine (ARMOUR ALL GEL)

I'm going to suggest a different tire product.

Get the michelin tire shine...

unlike armourall and every other product out there, it doesn't contain petroleum distillates. Which means it doesn't turn your tires brown, doesn't attract dust like the dickens, repels water well and being developed by a tire company, is likely better for your tires too.

The only downside is that your tires, while shiny, won't look like they've been dipped in vasoline -- which I would actually consider a plus. I've used it on my stang, and my tires have never turned brown or dingy -- and I don't have to reapply every other day to keep the tires looking good.

I may just check out their wheel/tire cleaner and brake dust repellent...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Well for rim cleaner I found the Meguiars Hot Rims, Rim cleaner work the best.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
oldeguy,Apr 3 2008, 12:09 PM Wrote:My next door neighbour, my mechanic, bought a newer car, and wants to keep it nice and shiny. (He didn't get a Focus, 'cause the salesman didn't want to go out in the cold )

He and I would like to know what are the best car care items.
Glass Cleaner
Soap
Wax
Rim Cleaner and Polish
Tire Shine

Thanks.
[right][snapback]261136[/snapback][/right]

WAX: Turtle Wax Ice
INTERIOR (Plastics): 309 Protectant
TIRE SHINE: Meguiar Tire Gel

NefCanuck
i've had good luck with armor all wipes for the dash, armor all leather wipes for leather bits (including my MC leathers) and mother's cleaner wax
Glass Cleaner, doesnt matter. I have the wipes and they are easier then the spray.

Soap, i would stay away from Simple green, it takes the paint off :) it wiped my licence plates clean. So i wonder what it does to the actual paint over time.

Wax, mmmm, i need to know a good product as well. I had used the Maguiers 3 step in the past, but that is hard work. I want an easier product.

Rim Cleaner and Polish, elbow grease :) i've noticed some of the spray stuff will leave a residue and it turns yellow over time.

Tire Shine, really like the michelin tire shine. I took puppets advice last year and i was really impressed with it. easy to apply, no mess and the shine stays for a long time.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Apr 4 2008, 07:04 AM Wrote:Soap, i would stay away from Simple green, it takes the paint off :) it wiped my licence plates clean. So i wonder what it does to the actual paint over time.

[right][snapback]261219[/snapback][/right]

I think/hope Anthony was referring to their car wash, not Simple Green itself. :D

For myself, here is what I use:

Glass Cleaner = Eagle One 20/20
Soap = Meguiar's NXT or Gold Class
Wax = Meguiar's NXT Paste (if I take my time) or Eagle One Nano-wax Spray (10 minutes and done)
Rim Cleaner = Eagle One A-2-Z Rim cleaner (smells bad, very strong, but works well)
Rim Polish = Good carnauba wax to seal them after cleaning
Tire Shine = Meguiar's Hot Shine aerosol

I also use Meguiar's NXT Speed Detailer to touch up between washes.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Simple green car soap... NOT the spray.
re the windows. i uses newspapers and windex. gets the job done

do you guys clean your cars super often? my car gets so dusty from mountain driving and wheels get stupid dusty from brake pads i dont bother that much anymore

i just toss it into the carwash at local gas station and call it a day
naz,Apr 4 2008, 06:34 PM Wrote:re the windows. i uses newspapers and windex. gets the job done

do you guys clean your cars super often?  my car gets so dusty from mountain driving and wheels get stupid dusty from brake pads i dont bother that much anymore

i just toss it into the carwash at local gas station and call it a day
[right][snapback]261295[/snapback][/right]
We need to keep them clean and shiny to prevent the dreaded disease that only occurs in Northern climates.................rust
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....