Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodykit Questions
Hi guys,

long time no speak. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Where can I get VIS Racing Sports bodykits in Canada (preferably in Quebec)? I'm looking for their Striker bodykit to be more precise...

2) Is it possible for a newbie like me, that has a garage, a week of vacation and helped by is neighbor who's a professional painter, to install those things on?

Thx
Black Focus SE Sport 2000
Night Shaded tailights and corners - Euro Glass Fog lights - Motegi MR7 17" - Toyo Proxies FZ4 - Brembo cross drilled - Hawk Performance pads.
linoleum,Jan 17 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:Hi guys,

1) Where can I get VIS Racing Sports bodykits in Canada (preferably in Quebec)? I'm looking for their Striker bodykit to be more precise...

2) Is it possible for a newbie like me, that has a garage, a week of vacation and helped by is neighbor who's a professional painter, to install those things on?

Thx
[right][snapback]79248[/snapback][/right]

I'd advice against that kit, it's made of fiberglass which is AWEFUL when it comes to bodykits. Don't waste your money on that.

Fiberglass almost never fits properly, needs a TON of prep work and is horrible in cold weather. Get a poly urethane kit.
S2,Jan 17 2005, 05:11 PM Wrote:

Thx

I'd advice against that kit, it's made of fiberglass which is AWEFUL when it comes to bodykits. Don't waste your money on that.

Fiberglass almost never fits properly, needs a TON of prep work and is horrible in cold weather. Get a poly urethane kit.
[right][snapback]79250[/snapback][/right]

Ah darn! What company is poly urethane kits?
Night Shaded tailights and corners - Euro Glass Fog lights - Motegi MR7 17" - Toyo Proxies FZ4 - Brembo cross drilled - Hawk Performance pads.
linoleum,Jan 17 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:
S2,Jan 17 2005, 05:11 PM Wrote:

Thx

[right][snapback]79250[/snapback][/right]

Ah darn! What company is poly urethane kits?
[right][snapback]79260[/snapback][/right]

wingswest, kaminari, razzi, ford racing and others. (salut linoleum, c focusonfrank du cfq ;) )

http://www.razzi.com/recentreleases/new-focus-05.shtml

http://www.wingswest.com

http://kaminari.com/products.htm

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/...004-ff.zip (its a 15 MB file)

03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]
Everything is listed on my thread below.....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=31513
Thanks guys! Roughly, how much should it be for a full kit to be installed but not painted? I want a classy kit, not to too ricey. Something affordable.

Salut Frank!
That is the WORST thing you can do, install a kit without painting it. Oh man, please don't go that route.

If you are talking about you painting it and then having a shop install it, probably sometime around $300 or so. Depends on if you have a FULL kit or lip kit.

To paint and install my kit, it cost me $650CDN (but from what I hear) that was a deal somewhat.
:blink:

S2,Jan 17 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:That is the WORST thing you can do, install a kit without painting it.  Oh man, please don't go that route.
[right][snapback]79279[/snapback][/right]

if you read the 1st reply, you can see that linoleum has a neighbor who can do the paint job ;)

S2,Jan 17 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:Everything is listed on my thread below.....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=31513
[right][snapback]79265[/snapback][/right]

:lol: ;)

linoleum- You should be able to install any kit yourself. If you can install a header, intake, SS, whatever.....you should be able to figure out something simple like a body kit.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Basically, I gotta have both my bumpers repainted and got 2 small rust spots at the back of my front wheels. So I asked my self why not going for a full kit while I'm at it...

I'm pretty sure I could handle the installation of a skirt kit, but for a full kit, that sounds like another story. Unless someone knows that X company built the easiest full body kit to install ever. Now that would make me reconsider.

I've read somewhere that it's better having a full kit installed first and then having it painted (because of the modifications to be done while installing). So, that's another reason why...
Maybe with Fiberglass, another reason NOT to get it but every bodyshop I have seen (doing new bumpers, etc) prepaints them prior to install.
S2,Jan 17 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:Maybe with Fiberglass, another reason NOT to get it but every bodyshop I have seen (doing new bumpers, etc) prepaints them prior to install.
[right][snapback]79291[/snapback][/right]

Maybe you're right, I saw that on VIS Sports website (Fiberglass stuff)... And it's probably much easier painting them when not installed.
S2,Jan 17 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:To paint and install my kit, it cost me $650CDN (but from what I hear) that was a deal somewhat.
[right][snapback]79279[/snapback][/right]

Skirts or full?
Paint and install complete lip kit (front lip, side skirts, back lip) as well as the midwing.
Double checked my quote, it was actually only $525
i think what people mean when they say its better to install a kit before painting is that you want to test fit all the parts first, drill all the necessary holes. That way your not fumbeling around with the panels while there painted. Less chance of scratching them and such.

I have a kit forsale in the classifieds if your interested

Otherwise .. i'd give Julie @ spoilersTO a call .. she has excellent prices on everykit for the focus, and you also don't have to worry about border fees. (905)362-2200
Below Average Car Club
schade,Jan 17 2005, 10:24 PM Wrote:i think what people mean when they say its better to install a kit before painting is that you want to test fit all the parts first, drill all the necessary holes.  That way your not fumbeling around with the panels while there painted.  Less chance of scratching them and such.

I have a kit forsale in the classifieds if your interested

Otherwise .. i'd give Julie @ spoilersTO a call .. she has excellent prices on everykit for the focus, and you also don't have to worry about border fees.  (905)362-2200
[right][snapback]79313[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! The kit you're selling is for ZX3, right?

Thanks for the tip.

yes it is for the zx3 .. and zx5 aswell i believe as i don't think there is a change to the bumpers
Below Average Car Club