Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Euro Or To Wrc
So this spring I am looking at updating the exterior of my ZX3, and I have been pretty set on doing a euro conversion, but theres always temptations of other kits out there. Really I go back and forth between either the euro conversion or the wings west WRC kit, minus the wing. The thing that worries me about the euro conversion is just the costs for all the pieces, the labor doesn't bother me, it's just all the pieces to get it to look complete and nice. Then I'm sitting here watching the rally on Speed, and every glimpse of the focus' makes me seriously consider the wings west kit. Plus with a little quick figuring the wings west kit would be less expensive. I just keep going back and forth in my head, and just when I think my mind is made up, I start second guessing that decison. I guess the only way I'm going to know which way I'm going is how I feel when I have the cash and the time has come to put up or shut up.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
now this is a thought I am pondering too. Now I am not considering a stock euro front like jay perhaps, but more along the lines of what dan had. Reiger. The more I see it, the more I fall in love with it. Still relatively rare as well. The avenger front end I have now is beginging to become old news for me, I don't say "wow" when I look at my car anymore like I used too. Now that wings west WRC kit looks like a little more work than I wanna do on the exterior of my car though. With the flares and such.

while admittadly the euro stock bumpers do look great (no argument there), I can't see why I would want to pay through the nose to look "stock" still. Just too much money and not enough bang for my buck to me. But reiger... oooOoo... my pretty... I will have you soon....

PS: I bet dan is shitting his pants thinking that the ricer is thinking of emulating his body kit of all people.
Run your car, not your mouth
actually my front is no longer a stock item. They dont make the RS focus with my front anymore and is now considered the collection front bumper. Ppl loved it so much Ford re released it as a aftermarket part hence why they call it the collection bumper.

What i find really funny though is when I post my car on some uk sites some still ask what bumper I have LOL

The older WRC front is super nice. Simons car was amazing and he was the reason i wanted that kit. Same with COCYHN's. So nice. Either route you take try and go with a urtenthane kit or abs. The older WRC is offered in urethane but $$$$. All wings west kits are urethane to.
Quote:The older WRC front is super nice. Simons car was amazing and he was the reason i wanted that kit. Same with COCYHN's. So nice.

Aww how bout me?

;)
Ya yours to :P
ZOOM,Jan 24 2005, 05:29 AM Wrote:PS: I bet dan is shitting his pants thinking that the ricer is thinking of emulating his body kit of all people.

Rieger with your hood and fenders is going to look strange. Atleast now it sorta all looks futuristic together.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
if you do the reiger front you have to do the rest euro..
Lol "futuristic" eh Dan? That was a nice way of putting things.

I agree, theres gotta be a general idea of which direction the car is going. You can't mix rice with Euro.
did I hear Reiger :D :P (sorry i couldn't resist :) )

[Image: focus13.JPG]
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
Not that I wanna rub it in, but I have the best of both worlds...a Euro car with WRC theme'd body work! :D Go for it! :D

[Image: temp_7854.jpg]

FastFord (March 2005)
Performance Ford (November 2005)
FastFord Thrash (January 2008)
Modified Nationals Top 25 (2005,2006)
FastFord (May 2009)
FastFord RS V ST Thrash (June 2009)
Euro conversion... cus thats what I'll be doing when March/april comes along.
My other ride is your Mom
I love that Rieger kit!!!
One of my concerns, is the wings west wrc kit too aggressive (ricey) for a daily driver. I know its a question of personal taste, but I can't seem to make up my mind, and would be interested in others opinions.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
I dont think the new ww wrc kits look bad at all... can easily look good...