Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Hockey Time Again!
Heading down to the game shortly.. won free tickets through Coke Zero or whatever the hell its called.

Anyone else going down? I'm in section 322. Look for the guy trying to not get his ass kicked by miserable Leafs fans. :)
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I am stoked. Montreal is winning the cup this year! :ph34r:

Go Laraque Go! Kick some ass :lol:

have fun at the game :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Leafs FTL! :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Geez, give the body a chance to cool off before you bury it :ph34r:

Though I'm switching back & forth between the Jets/Chargers game and the Leafs, Leafs are looking pretty good from what I am seeing...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 22 2008, 09:55 PM Wrote:Leafs are looking pretty good from what I am seeing...[right][snapback]273024[/snapback][/right]
It's not April yet... :ph34r:

:o

:lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
It figures....Leafs win a game that doesn't count.
Go Leafs Go!!!, all the way to 30th place
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Sep 23 2008, 07:10 AM Wrote:It figures....Leafs win a game that doesn't count.
Go Leafs Go!!!, all the way to 30th place
[right][snapback]273035[/snapback][/right]

Are there 30 teams in the league or you counting farm teams too?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Saw many things I liked from the lineup that Wilson iced, also saw a few things from some of them that tell me they'll be playing at the Ricoh Centre PDQ :ph34r:

So, Torradan, did you stick around to the bitter end? (I know it was free but geeze dunno as a Sabres fan if I'd have sat through the whole thing)

NefCanuck
OAC_Sparky,Sep 22 2008, 11:48 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 22 2008, 09:55 PM Wrote:Leafs are looking pretty good from what I am seeing...[right][snapback]273024[/snapback][/right]
It's not April yet... :ph34r:

:o

:lol:
[right][snapback]273033[/snapback][/right]

Har, har... I'd tell you to go stick your finger in a light socket, but in your case you could get away with it without getting hurt :P :lol:

It's pre-season, but at least the Leafs did shake things up in the off-season this time, we'll see if it was enough, I hope so...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 23 2008, 01:10 PM Wrote:Saw many things I liked from the lineup that Wilson iced, also saw a few things from some of them that tell me they'll be playing at the Ricoh Centre PDQ :ph34r:

So, Torradan, did you stick around to the bitter end? (I know it was free but geeze dunno as a Sabres fan if I'd have sat through the whole thing)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]273071[/snapback][/right]

No, we actually left after the first period. There is something about free tickets that we realized -- not everyone goes there to enjoy the game (win or lose, its always a good time). We were as high up in the ACC as you could get, and there is a little standing room only type of thing behind our seats. There were 5-6 crotchdroppings right behind us making all kinds of noise and banging s*** on the wall. Told them to knock it off, and they finally did, then they just started yelling like idiots. Next to Mish were a pair of people that were eating the food they illegally brought in like a cow chewing it's cud. Soup, sandwiches, crackers, etc.. its like they were having a pic-a-nic, minus Yogi Bear. So we said screw it, and went home.

The best part of the evening was that we got our pictures taken with Johnny Bower! At the tailgate party thing they had going on. It was amazing to be standing right next to one of the greatest to ever play the game. I took a little razzing for having a Sabres shirt/hat on, but oh well!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Sep 23 2008, 02:37 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 23 2008, 01:10 PM Wrote:Saw many things I liked from the lineup that Wilson iced, also saw a few things from some of them that tell me they'll be playing at the Ricoh Centre PDQ :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]273071[/snapback][/right]

No, we actually left after the first period. There is something about free tickets that we realized -- not everyone goes there to enjoy the game (win or lose, its always a good time). We were as high up in the ACC as you could get, and there is a little standing room only type of thing behind our seats. There were 5-6 crotchdroppings right behind us making all kinds of noise and banging s*** on the wall. Told them to knock it off, and they finally did, then they just started yelling like idiots. Next to Mish were a pair of people that were eating the food they illegally brought in like a cow chewing it's cud. Soup, sandwiches, crackers, etc.. its like they were having a pic-a-nic, minus Yogi Bear. So we said screw it, and went home.

The best part of the evening was that we got our pictures taken with Johnny Bower! At the tailgate party thing they had going on. It was amazing to be standing right next to one of the greatest to ever play the game. I took a little razzing for having a Sabres shirt/hat on, but oh well!
[right][snapback]273081[/snapback][/right]

I've been up in the real nosebleeders as a paying sheep. Trust me, you get that crap up there even then. Best part were the moron fans below us one year, those jokers got so tanked that they got tossed after a period and a half. Now I enjoy a cold one when I'm not driving sure, but what's the point of drinking yourself into a stupor after paying that much to watch the game? Do it at home, its cheaper :P

Frankly I'd rather sell an organ to get reds, that seems to be the right area to get fans who enjoy the game without being obnoxious morons <_<

Heh, yeah, the one thing that MLSEL does right is set up a party. Gonna try and score some tickets this year again, but we'll have to see how things play out (I have this insane desire to grab Saturday night games... it's masochistic I swear :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
torradan,Sep 23 2008, 02:37 PM Wrote:The best part of the evening was that we got our pictures taken with Johnny Bower! 
[right][snapback]273081[/snapback][/right]
He petted my dog earlier this year :D . He looks good for being 200 years old :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Flofocus,Sep 22 2008, 04:14 PM Wrote:I am stoked.  Montreal is winning the cup this year! :ph34r:

Go Laraque Go!  Kick some ass  :lol:

have fun at the game  :D
[right][snapback]272998[/snapback][/right]

Lol... and when are you going to wake up from your little dream ???
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
ZX3guy2000,Sep 24 2008, 12:17 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 22 2008, 04:14 PM Wrote:I am stoked.  Montreal is winning the cup this year! :ph34r:

Go Laraque Go!  Kick some ass  :lol:

have fun at the game  :D
[right][snapback]272998[/snapback][/right]

Lol... and when are you going to wake up from your little dream ???
[right][snapback]273108[/snapback][/right]

What dream, Sens boy???? :lol:

Go Habs Go!
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SVT ZX3,Sep 24 2008, 03:42 PM Wrote:<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[right][snapback]273134[/snapback][/right]

Quiet you!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
SVT ZX3,Sep 24 2008, 03:42 PM Wrote:<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quit living in the pass. :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Sep 24 2008, 05:00 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]273138[/snapback][/right]

Why? The Leafs haven't won a Cup in 41 years; I still had my umbilical stub at the time. Yet Toronto is still the self-proclaimed Hockey Capital of Canada.

THAT, my friend, is living in the past. :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Sep 24 2008, 04:38 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 24 2008, 05:00 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]273138[/snapback][/right]

Why? The Leafs haven't won a Cup in 41 years; I still had my umbilical stub at the time. Yet Toronto is still the self-proclaimed Hockey Capital of Canada.

THAT, my friend, is living in the past. :lol:
[right][snapback]273144[/snapback][/right]

Ah but those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, or do you forget that there was a time in Motown when the Joe wasn't even half full because the team was so bad?

Leafs fans go to games through thick & thin (though lately if the Leafs were any thinner they'd be see through :lol:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 24 2008, 07:18 PM Wrote:Ah but those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, or do you forget that there was a time in Motown when the Joe wasn't even half full because the team was so bad?

Leafs fans go to games through thick & thin (though lately if the Leafs were any thinner they'd be see through :lol:)
[right][snapback]273145[/snapback][/right]
Yes I remember, I was a fan back then. You know what happens when fans stop going to games? It forces the team to get better or get out of the hockey business. So they got better, a dominant team for the past 16 years and 4 Stanley Cups in a decade. The Red Wings went from a franchise that almost folded (bankrupt) to one of the most valuable franchises in the NHL.

Packing MLG and ACC through thick or thin does nothing to get your team improved. It just shows MLSE that they can charge what they want and sheeple will still line their pockets. Why bother serving filet minon when you can serve oatmeal at filet minon prices and people still buy it? Despite the salary cap, you can't tell me that they didn't have the money. Detroit has to play with the same salary cap, Detroit wins the Cup, Toronto misses the playoffs, Again.

As much as I tease Leaf fans, I don't hate the the team. But I gotta shake my head when the fans come back year after year, disappointment after disappointment; and they don't see that they're part of their own downfall.

No offense, just my opinion. :beerchug: