Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyno Numbers - Svt Focus With 6psi Jr Kit!
Hey Guys, just got back from the dyno about 20min ago (1:30am here) and wanted to share the results.

The customer approached us to tune his SVT Focus with JR 6psi kit because he was looking for some more power and a better all around tune.

We put the vehicle on the dyno without a tune to see what it made with no tune (how JR suggests). The car laid down 170whp/141wtq, which was decent but being pig rich with too much timing I knew there was some work to be done.

After some testing and LONG flash times the final results are 201whp/156wt on a VERY conservative tune. A/F is around 12.0 until about 6000 where it goes down to about 11.8 and final timing is like 15*. The customer was after the power gains and a VERY SAFE tune, which he now has. This setup could easily make 215/165 on a mild/agressive tune.

Final Results from Bone Stock SVT Focus with 6psi using the JR Kit:
Gain of 52whp/23wtq

This car ABSOLUTY HAULS AS$. Any Mustang driver in a fairly stock GT should watch the hell out. I am loving these cars more and more. We will be doing a customer spotlight on this vehicle...check out our site later.
:ph34r:

[Image: blown_focus.jpg]
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What kind of dyno was it on? I made 197/157 on a dynojet and 189/145 on a mustang dyno. With Stock jrsc setup...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Great gains!...but those base numbers are much lower than I expected. :unsure:
That is on a Dynojet and the car was just as cool on the run without a tune on it and the HP and TQ curves were no where what they are now, as well as the mannerisms of the vehicle

I need to get that graph, but the dyno operator is not the smartest
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nice numbers *thumbsup*

I dunno if a competent drive in a 'stang owners needs to worry just yet though ;)
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
Marction,Jan 28 2005, 04:58 PM Wrote:nice numbers *thumbsup*

I dunno if a competent drive in a 'stang owners needs to worry just yet though ;)
[right][snapback]81686[/snapback][/right]

I would think so because I was running head to head with a GT witout tune.... ;) many many runs. so it wasnt a fluke.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
nice! B)
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
nice gains congrats on the excellent tuning job. i was just wondering though, do you have the base dyno to share with us so we can compare the difference at certian RPM intervals? thanks
that's not much more power than running the JRSC with the blackbox.

not saying it's a bad tune.. just one helluva safe tune.. you could probably take a few points out of the richness and probably free up 10 HP easily, and still be safe.

I would love to see those timing tables (and modifiers) tho :P.. the one thing I'm not so sure on in my tune.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Quote:We put the vehicle on the dyno without a tune to see what it made with no tune (how JR suggests). The car laid down 170whp/141wtq

Sounds pretty low, I would have flew off the handle and told JS where they could stick their blower... I know different makes of dyno's produce different numbers but I thought SVTF's but about 150 the the wheels. Am I wrong guys?

Awsome job on the tune anyways. I would have been a happy customer.
I wish you'd have done the more aggresive tune. I'm not ready to throw down a bunch of cash to make the same dyno numbers as I am now... Let's see that 215... Then I might lay out some cash..

If I don't sell it.

Prolly Is not a word
french_connection,Jan 28 2005, 01:25 PM Wrote:
Marction,Jan 28 2005, 04:58 PM Wrote:nice numbers *thumbsup*

[right][snapback]81686[/snapback][/right]

I would think so because I was running head to head with a GT witout tune.... ;) many many runs. so it wasnt a fluke.
[right][snapback]81711[/snapback][/right]

but I spanked you everytime :P
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Those baseline # seem rediculously low... Im glad im not the first one to chime in saying that.....

I cant see how its possible that running 6psi he was only making 25whp over the stock car.. something seems wrong?
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I will have the owner chime in and the orig. dyno chart found. I am just stating facts.

We stopped selling the JR kit because of the poorer numbers...working on a turbo (hopefully)
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
meister@steeda.ca,Jan 30 2005, 08:17 PM Wrote:...working on a turbo (hopefully)
[right][snapback]82083[/snapback][/right]

Hmmmm....keep us posted, I'd definately be interested (if the price is reasonable)!
What is reasonable? We have 2 local customers interested in this but R&D is expensive so we need to see if it is worth it,
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
meister@steeda.ca,Jan 30 2005, 08:37 PM Wrote:What is reasonable?  We have 2 local customers interested in this but R&D is expensive so we need to see if it is worth it,
[right][snapback]82088[/snapback][/right]

...well I'd love to see something in the $4-5k range (or less :P ). I have trouble brining myself to spend even that on 'mods'. I don't know if I'm way off target or not, but let me know :unsure: .
If only it could be that cheap
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
meister@steeda.ca,Jan 30 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:If only it could be that cheap
[right][snapback]82112[/snapback][/right]

....well my goal is actually to get around 200whp/160lb/ft without spending an amount of money the wife would bitch about ;). Now to find a jrsc (cough*bluetoy*cough)
silver02svtf,Jan 30 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Jan 30 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:If only it could be that cheap
[right][snapback]82112[/snapback][/right]

....well my goal is actually to get around 200whp/160lb/ft without spending an amount of money the wife would bitch about ;). Now to find a jrsc (cough*bluetoy*cough)
[right][snapback]82115[/snapback][/right]

Sell my car without the JRSCand it's yours. ( at a reasonable price)

Prolly Is not a word