Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Projectors
Well I went on Ebay and was looking at those el-cheapo $100 projectors but decided to go against them and I went one notch up for the $200 ones. Now to wait for a decent day to install these bad boys. They are Chrome however the pictures do not do them justice. Oh and before someone asks...yes they do have halo's. After shipping and all that border junk they set me back $325

[Image: pboth.jpg]
[Image: pright.jpg]
[Image: pleft.jpg]
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Those are the ones that i want....but then alot of members told me about the problems with that halo projector...like it doesn't fit and have all these problems with it...

I recently did another search on focal jet and noticed alot of members have this projector installed. However, they got it from professionals like Matrix Racing which included warrenty and made it just for the focus. Now i am starting to consider these headlights again if i am 100% that they would work just as well as the MACH which are simply overpriced at $1300cdn...
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
ok here is a good question...how are you supposed to remove the headlight fixtures...I removed all 3 screws and the bloody thing seems to get snagged..am I missing a step here?
there is 1 more bolt only accessible from underneath. if your car isn't lowered, you should be able to crawl underneath and access it. maybe somebody will chime in who has a picture to show you exactly where it is.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
Theres only 3 bolts total. One on top that attaches to the fender, one on top that attaches to the bracket, and theres the plastic knob thing on top by the bottom of the grille that pops up. Then if you crawl under the car theres one bolt that faces perpendicular to the car.

Much easier if you take the grille out first.
I think I will be waiting for a warmer day to get this project done. Why would they put a bolt underneath...thats a weird place to put it. However that bolt underneath explains why the fixtures wouldn't come up. I figured they lights were just hitting every thing and I needed to use some ninja maneuvers to pull them up. Well heres praying for a warmer day
ThraxXx,Jan 21 2005, 03:07 PM Wrote:I think I will be waiting for a warmer day to get this project done.  Why would they put a bolt underneath...thats a weird place to put it.  However that bolt underneath explains why the fixtures wouldn't come up.  I figured they lights were just hitting every thing and I needed to use some ninja maneuvers to pull them up.  Well heres praying for a warmer day
[right][snapback]79992[/snapback][/right]

Wait till spring. Why expose them to the elements unnessarily?

Besides.... those salt and sand trucks couls break one.
Spyder01,Jan 21 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:Those are the ones that i want....but then alot of members told me about the problems with that halo projector...like it doesn't fit and have all these problems with it...

I recently did another search on focal jet and noticed alot of members have this projector installed.  However, they got it from professionals like Matrix Racing which included warrenty and made it just for the focus.  Now i am starting to consider these headlights again if i am 100% that they would work just as well as the MACH which are simply overpriced at $1300cdn...
[right][snapback]79984[/snapback][/right]

The MACH HIDs aren't over priced when you see the light they discharge :rolleyes: and you're paying for quality, they come with glass lenses and are true H.I.D. projectors made by Hella. And as an added bonus they have intergrated signal lights which make it easier to switch to a euro grille!

Oh and nice lights by the way ThraxXx they will look sweet at night with just the halos on!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
My mach's only cost me 500 :P
Run your car, not your mouth
Here is another good question..

Ok we got the projectors in tonight. I went over to a friends house and had them installed and well they look awesome however they are not aimed properly. How exactly do you aim headlights?
ThraxXx,Jan 26 2005, 03:46 AM Wrote:Here is another good question..

Ok we got the projectors in tonight.  I went over to a friends house and had them installed and well they look awesome however they are not aimed properly.  How exactly do you aim headlights?
[right][snapback]81098[/snapback][/right]

I beleive there's instructions in the owner's manual

but it's something like park 25 feet back from a wall on a level area.

measure the hight from the ground to the middle of the headlight, then mark that spot on the wall and line the beams up to that mark

something along those lines, but double check the owner's manual
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I should have nigotiated the Hellas from the dealer. :(
SL8RZZX3,Jan 26 2005, 08:30 AM Wrote:
ThraxXx,Jan 26 2005, 03:46 AM Wrote:Here is another good question..

Ok we got the projectors in tonight.  I went over to a friends house and had them installed and well they look awesome however they are not aimed properly.  How exactly do you aim headlights?
[right][snapback]81098[/snapback][/right]

I beleive there's instructions in the owner's manual

but it's something like park 25 feet back from a wall on a level area.

measure the hight from the ground to the middle of the headlight, then mark that spot on the wall and line the beams up to that mark

something along those lines, but double check the owner's manual
[right][snapback]81104[/snapback][/right]

owners manual for the car, or the lights

the only manual that came with the lights was a piece of paper that explains how to hook up the halo's...thats it. Does the focus have adjusting pins on the headlight mounts somewhere. My old tempo had that
you may have to inverse the wire of the low/high beam...

i had to do on mine...

And the adjustement of the level of the light adjust the two beam sot separetly...it's a chromy nut onto the new headlight you got...

you'll find it where i put the red arrow on the next picture...kinda long to adjust you will have to do a lot and lot of twist :D

Here it is...
RickSE2001,Jan 26 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:you may have to inverse the wire of the low/high beam...

i had to do on mine...

And the adjustement of the level of the light adjust the two beam sot separetly...it's a chromy nut onto the new headlight you got...

you'll find it where i put the red arrow on the next picture...kinda long to adjust you will have to do a lot and lot of twist  :D

Here it is...
[right][snapback]81149[/snapback][/right]

Hey RickSE2001. I tried checking your picture however I recieved a forbidden error. However I will check my headlights for some nuts to see if I can adjust them.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid156/pfa90595afecf2a5910cd891403e90143/f5543590.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at http://www.imagestation.com Port 80

seriously those are the nicest projectors i've seen.. with the stock looking "space filling" chrome.. i didn't like the empty, out in the open projectors from before.. i was looking for some similar to stock but projectors instead and i guess those might be it..HID are first choice.. with the price!

325$ is pretty cheap too! where where?

for the picture, copy/paste this link manually
Code:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pfa90595afecf2a5910cd891403e90143/f5543590.jpg
ZX3T gone..
Thank you Erik!
BerinG,Jan 27 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:seriously those are the nicest projectors i've seen.. with the stock looking "space filling" chrome.. i didn't like the empty, out in the open projectors from before.. i was looking for some similar to stock but projectors instead and i guess those might be it..HID are first choice.. with the price!

325$ is pretty cheap too! where where?

for the picture, copy/paste this link manually
Code:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pfa90595afecf2a5910cd891403e90143/f5543590.jpg
[right][snapback]81361[/snapback][/right]

I got them off of Ebay. They have a few more up there like them. You can get them in both Carbon Fiber or Chrome. I prefered the chrome cuz of the stock look however if you have a black car then maybe the black might suit your ride better..its your call. Check ebay and look away from the $100 projectors.
ThraxXx,Jan 26 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:owners manual for the car, or the lights

the only manual that came with the lights was a piece of paper that explains how to hook up the halo's...thats it.  Does the focus have adjusting pins on the headlight mounts somewhere.  My old tempo had that
[right][snapback]81148[/snapback][/right]

For the car
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
I either file transferred or posted the 2001 Focus manual in PDF format for ThraxXx a while ago.

Here's the 2001 manual again (PDF): http://teamx.webhop.org/files/focusmanual.pdf
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.