Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Am Ready For The Snow. What About You?
So I may have jumped the gun a little but better be safe than sorry. I heard on the news tonight that we may be getting some snow. So not not wanting to be stuck spinning my tires on the DVP like a moron I put the snows on. I will be due for a new set before the end of winter so I am not to worried about premature wear.

But now that they are on I have noticed something. Now that my car is lowered and I am running my snows on 14" rims, I sit lower now than I did when I had my 16" wheels on. I think I am going to have some trouble if we get more than 4 or 5 inches at a time. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

When are you guys installing your winter rims and tires?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I was thinking about doing the same thing but next week its going to warm up.
I gotta get some new winters tires for the wife, she has been only using 2 up front and all seasons in the rear, it tends to fishtail. The 14" tires are nice and cheap, I think $65 a tire, not bad for piece of mind.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
i'm still running my all seasons, i'll keep em on until I see constant snow on the ground or constant negatives in the weather.

What about snow removal? I bought a snowblower for my mother tonight, I had a hard time finding stores that hand any smaller models still in stock. If your thinking about buying one do it now.

Yeah, I needed to replace all 4 of my tires around the Algonquin camping weekend but I could only afford 2. After the alignment issue I had when I dropped my car in the early summer I installed them on the rear. So my front tires were almost down to the wear bars. I am not taking any chances. Call me crazy. :wacko:

got mine sitting on the floor in the garage. thinking about thoose weekend
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on
im watching the weather.....untill then focus and subaru can roll on summers
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
i'm putting mine on mid to late november OR based on weather predictions. It's still gonna be a good 10C for the next 2 weeks.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Did my GF's last night and mine are going to be this week some time.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Wish I had mine on this morning. 4 inches in my driveway and on my street this morning!

Oh, how I love Ottawa...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Well I didn't really need the snow tires this morning but I did need to dig out the snow brush. But I am still happy I got them on. One less thing I will have to do when its to late.

Got the tires on order, hopefully they'll get here in the next couple of weeks and then I'll have Nokians under me again (amazing tires if you can afford 'em, they'll cut through almost anything)

Getting the car undercoated Monday morning as well, this winter should be the easiest to drive that I've ever had (First ever winter driving was bad years ago, 4 cyl Ford Taurus on A/S... talk about an accident waiting to happen :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
I put mine on last spring :lol:
Not sure why, but I never bothered with the summer rims this year.
mine are in the shed and thats where they stay until i pass the denial stage(usually 1st proper snow)
winter tires: yokohama ice guard 10's
Snow? It's forecast for +18C today; Weather network has no snow forecast for Calgary for the next 2 weeks! I heard some places out east got 30cm of snow overnight!
As soon as I get back to Ottawa the snows will be slapped on the rex. Then the stock wheels ar ebeing sent off for a nice powder coating job. B)

Anything 5 degrees and below, you should have winters on.

Ottawa got about 15 cm of snow last night/this morning.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NefCanuck,Oct 29 2008, 09:19 AM Wrote:Got the tires on order, hopefully they'll get here in the next couple of weeks and then I'll have Nokians under me again (amazing tires if you can afford 'em, they'll cut through almost anything)

Getting the car undercoated Monday morning as well, this winter should be the easiest to drive that I've ever had (First ever winter driving was bad years ago, 4 cyl Ford Taurus on A/S... talk about an accident waiting to happen :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]275489[/snapback][/right]

You got that right, those Hakapilita's from Nokia are amazing but it is only snow tires so, the way I drive they will be ba-bye in no time lol thats why I went with the Sigma (made by cooper) Arctic Claw's
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

ANTHONYD,Oct 29 2008, 10:28 AM Wrote:I put mine on last spring :lol:
Not sure why, but I never bothered with the summer rims this year.
[right][snapback]275495[/snapback][/right]

i dont blame ya, we didnt even get a summer this year :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I put mine on last weekend. My all seasons were getting pretty low so better safe than sorry, you never know when the snow will come.
They went on the stinken yesterday. Try buying new ones. It was hard to get what I wanted.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
NefCanuck,Oct 29 2008, 09:19 AM Wrote:Got the tires on order, hopefully they'll get here in the next couple of weeks and then I'll have Nokians under me again (amazing tires if you can afford 'em, they'll cut through almost anything)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]275489[/snapback][/right]

Daniel, you ARE an accident waiting to happen. You just don't know who is going to hit you next. :lol: :o :ph34r:

Sorry, I had to. Hope it doesn't bring any bad luck, you have had enough. :unsure: