Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates On The Focus Accident After Massiv Oct.20
it is in one sense and not in another lol, its good because for the short time i have owned it (10 months) i have a lot of memories in that car, secondly, its likely the only thing that has even been truly mine and i have spend so much time and money on it over the course of the past 10 months via car payments, insurance, gas, mods etc. and being as i am barely 19 thats a lot for me to loose. so thats y its a good thing, not a good thing because i actually thought it was going to be written off, so i got myself into the mind set of im getting a different car. so now that im not, its kinda like, damn... i really liked that car over at x dealership, with all these things that are a step up from the focus for about the same monthly payment.... shucks
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
so the car is back to me.... took them about a week or so more then they said, but overall i am happy with the work done. total bill came to 8200 and change.

the bad.... i was taking the car for a drive after work to see how it all felt. driving down hwy 24 between guelph and cambridge following a lifted truck, well put it this way, a guy had just hit a deer and not dragged it off the road yet, mr lifted truck strattled it and i went for a ride over top... damage is minimal, AKA underneath the car behind the bumper, the plastic sheild got ripped off and a small ding to the rad along with deer juices everywhere under the car.... this thing was huge and on a lowered focus, not a chance in he\_\_ i was going to clear it. i guess Daniel isnt the only one with bad luck!

Pictures will be posted of the car tomorrow when i get some day light

Lordy... yeah at least I've managed almost a month without anything else happening to the car -crosses fingers & toes-

Though when the AWD kicked in thee other day there was a nice "clank" sound that I'm not thinking is supposed to be happening :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Insurance companies by law are not allowed to force you or co-orce you into picking a body shop of their choice.

If they did anything that prevented you from taking it to a bodyshop of your choice, they should be reported.

You bring the car to your dealership, they will send their appraiser over -- that's how it's supposed to work.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH PEOPLE.. IF YOU END UP IN AN ACCIDENT, THE INSURANCE COMPANY HAS NO SAY IN WHERE THE CAR GOES. DON'T EVEN LISTEN TO THEM... THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO WORK WITH YOUR SHOP OF YOUR CHOICE!!!

Every insurance company I've delt with will stop feeding me their company line the moment I say, "ontario law states that I am in my rights to take the car to the shop of my choice"... well, except when dealing with american insurance adjusters... but then I just back to my own company and have them sort it out.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Thanks for the info puppet. Good to know.
well bottom line, i am happy with how the car turned out. the only way you can tell something is different is that i need to nightsh!t the pass. tail light to match. they replaced any dynamat that was removed and did a great job on blending and painting the car. completely detialed (which my car was a pig sty when it got there) and i also have a warranty on it that lasts as long as the car is in my name. all in all, golden triangle is a good place for sure. as for the deer... i found a small crack in the bottom lip on my GFX bumper.... not happy but its not even noticeable. now my question is, who can get me a price on a new plastic shield along with the plastic that goes behind the bumper to dam the air to the rad? also possibly a new rad in the future as i now have a small dent in mine and dont want to have to worry bout future failure

Jesus, from one accident to another
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Ahh man Thats horrible news Thats just bad luck Lamie atleast the car came out of the shop in great condition But be aware things happen in 3's
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
lol way to make me feel better, im likely gunna be paranoid for the next yr! im gunna replace my rad at some point soon and the valence or what ever you might call it. eventually my whole front bumper if i can get a good price on one. also need a new lower rad support because its pretty well crap now. looks rather twisted. even with all this snow i still have hair on my oil pan ???? maybe the heat baked it on there lol the blood and body parts are all gone as of 20 minutes ago when i gave the car another inspection in my drive way.

get the older rad, it is cheaper, just have to cap off two ends. No biggie. Lower brase talk to ken about patrs for cheap.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car