Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Shots, New Ideas
This is the grille I got off SL8RZZX3. He did a hell of a job on it, and has inspired me to Nighshade-out my rear tails. Maybe not quite as dark as this, but some... at least.

The new Silverstars are in there as well, but took the pic with the car off. Just got back from the car wash, too. :)

http://teamx.webhop.org/files/tinted.jpg
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
looks good.

i just shaded my turns last nite, they're not even back on the car yet. but ur picture makes me excited to see how mine will look
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
Hmmm.. . looks just like mine except I just used a permanent black marker and they turned out fine. Have lasted thru rain, wind, and snow so far (did them in May 04) and are still black as night.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
NOS2Go4Me, could you get a pic of your tails?? I want to nightshade my taillights too but not sure what % i should use. What did you use as nightshade?? spray on window tints? or the roll on ones??
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
You know what would look good on your car seeing everything is blacked out and you don't have the fogs..................an SVT Focus lip, its flat black too. I don't think they are too expensive either.

Coming to think of it I should get the SVT lip myself.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Spyder01,Jan 30 2005, 06:38 PM Wrote:NOS2Go4Me, could you get a pic of your tails??  I want to nightshade my taillights too but not sure what % i should use.  What did you use as nightshade?? spray on window tints? or the roll on ones??
[right][snapback]82135[/snapback][/right]

The Nightshades stuff is a spray-on setup, like a spraybomb for car paint. I didn't do it myself, SL8RZZX3 did it and then I got the grille off him because he has the RS170 grille on his ZX3.

As for a pic of the tails... do you mean after I do the work on them? If so, you've gotta wait a couple of weeks. I've exhausted my modding funds for now, and need to wait till next pay. :o

2001 ZTS - how hard is it to install the lip? I'm a supreme, no, the KING of body mod newbness. It sounds cool, and it might work out nice if it's the one I've seen on other cars in other posts here.

[EDIT] thanks for the kind words, guys. Seeing as there's some interest, I'll be posting more pics as I go along, as well as night-time shots. :)

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 31 2005, 12:24 AM Wrote:2001 ZTS - how hard is it to install the lip? I'm a supreme, no, the KING of body mod newbness. It sounds cool, and it might work out nice if it's the one I've seen on other cars in other posts here.
[right][snapback]82144[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure but know it can be done and has been done by a couple people here. If I remember right it was easier to install with the bumper off the car? Hopefully someone can give us more info?

Not my car but has SVT lip and very good looking:

[Image: 431844_28_full.jpg]

More:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/431844/2

Wow cars look better without a front plate.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Here's an update of what it will look like when it warms up, possibly:

ALSO NOT 56K friendly!

http://teamx.webhop.org/files/alltinted.jpg

Yeah, I placed the covers on top of the headlights, but I'll have to go out later and see how much light is actually blocked. They fit really well, tho.

Andrew, maybe you could chrome out an SVT lip.... just to keep the look.

just kidding, as for pics of the lip, i'm pretty sure there was a thread over in appereance mods, lost of folks posted there cars.
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=8420
Here's the tails... not too shabby, minus the ICE, the exhaust, breath, and slightly shaky hands from the dampness:

http://teamx.webhop.org/files/reartinted.jpg

Corners are next, as soon as I go get some Nite Shade. Which is tomorrow at lunch or after work. :)

Fist thing I would have done was remove that sunset ford lincon sticker.

Looks good though, minus the dirt, snow, salt :P
Yeah, the sticker goes as soon as it warms up some. :)

Damm it looks COLD where u live!! hahaha :P
Whoa NOS man...looks like your rear window is all smashed in..
Actually, I JUST noticed that after reading your reply... that looks SWEET! :D

Yeah, it's fairly cold up here right now, but the women keep us warm till the car's up to heat ;)

I'm going to try and get a better shot of it today, but here's how it looks with the new tint. My light metering on the camera is going to drive me INSANE!

http://teamx.webhop.org/files/newtint.jpg

I know the exhaust tip looks like ass, but hell, I'm getting the MBRP in a couple of weeks! I just can't stand the look of rust ANYWHERE on a 2001 car. :(

The SE menas SPEED EXTREME

o ya looks good
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Sweet deal man, those look great!!
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
2001 ZTS,Jan 30 2005, 08:47 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 31 2005, 12:24 AM Wrote:2001 ZTS - how hard is it to install the lip? I'm a supreme, no, the KING of body mod newbness. It sounds cool, and it might work out nice if it's the one I've seen on other cars in other posts here.
[right][snapback]82144[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure but know it can be done and has been done by a couple people here. If I remember right it was easier to install with the bumper off the car? Hopefully someone can give us more info?

Not my car but has SVT lip and very good looking:

[Image: 431844_28_full.jpg]

More:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/431844/2

Wow cars look better without a front plate.
[right][snapback]82150[/snapback][/right]

double lip looks weird.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
I rather like the black lip, just not sure what other cosmetic mod besides what's in my sig are left to come. Everything there will be done in a month or so, with luck.