Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Car Pictures!
Flofocus,Jan 19 2009, 10:16 AM Wrote:did you tint the outside of the lense? :blink:
[right][snapback]279786[/snapback][/right]

Here's hoping he did, in Peel the police would yank the car off the road unless he could pull that stuff off :ph34r:

'swhy I picked up only "brows" for thr Fusion that won't hit the actual light output at all. If Peel even has issue with that, well... :(

NefCanuck
GFXjamie,Jan 19 2009, 12:07 AM Wrote:for the record, that is not night s*** on the head lights. it is a film similar to tint on your windows from lamin-x which is completely remove able and is also a protective film against stone chips etc.
[right][snapback]279775[/snapback][/right]

Right that is why I said tinted or Nite Shi**ed head lights.... But read it how ever you want. I still don't like the headlights, but thats my opinion. If you like it thats all that matters, correct?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
NefCanuck,Jan 19 2009, 11:28 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 19 2009, 10:16 AM Wrote:did you tint the outside of the lense? :blink:

Here's hoping he did, in Peel the police would yank the car off the road unless he could pull that stuff off :ph34r:

'swhy I picked up only "brows" for thr Fusion that won't hit the actual light output at all. If Peel even has issue with that, well... :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]279792[/snapback][/right]

I have had my "brows" or eyelids on for years and I haven't been bothered at all. You are all good Daniel.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
meford4u,Jan 19 2009, 12:24 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jan 19 2009, 12:22 AM Wrote:Jamie, looks like you've been attacked by a "la boyz club"
Be aware they don't do anything to their own cars (or have a ford focus vehicle for that matter) but still critisize alot of bs around here.
Bye bye now
[right][snapback]279776[/snapback][/right]
We have better taste than to own a Focus.

First step to team PITA is selling yours. :o
[right][snapback]279790[/snapback][/right]

Thats the second step.

1st step is to buy new car.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
lol definately did not spray the out side of the lense. i like options if i want to change in the future. the film doesnt overly effect the light out put either, to on comming cars, it actually turns the stock yellow/white light into a bit of a less dramatic blue tinge and so far everyone that i know who has seen it seems to like it alot. to each their own i guess
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
looks alright the tails dont match the car, i think your car has to be a dark colour to have dark tails, otherwise they should be left red. as for the DRL mod, just pull the fuse, thats what i did. and what in the world is that muffler on the back it looks like a coffee can :blink:
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
the muffler is being changed out to something a little less heat and more legal lol i want somethin like a flat black vibrant muffler, gotta look around and see what i can pick up for a decent price. when i got my friend to do the exhaust i told him i wanted it loud and this is what he chose lol i didnt mind at the time but now its starting to bug me. as for the stock tail lights, i honestly hated them, they looked soooooo "ghey" as meford would say. just my opinion i guess. the tails actually will match in the long run as i am doing a black and red theme, seeing as how ever lens light passes thru on my car is not stock and are all tinted with the exception of the fogs. some day you guys mite come to like it, but w/e, my goal is performance and not straight show.

Instead of a "muffler", why not a real performance exhaust system? Talk to MBRP, get yourself sorted out properly ;)

Flo's a big Borla guy, he could likely get you some product info as an alternative to MBRP as well.

As for the tails, I got a set MANY YEARS ago from none other than... Microbunny! Keep that in mind, fellas... my old car is STILL running them (saw it last week), but MB tinted them. I just swapped with him for my stockers when he took his car back at the end of the lease.

The only lenses I ever tinted by myself were the front corner markers.

I might seem like I'm coming down hard on you about the exhaust, but I can't stand to see a guy with decent style ideas ricing out the performance end of his car. Do what you will to the body, but don't mistreat the engine like that. It works hard carrying your styling cues back and forth daily. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
^^he's got custome exhaust which is already 2.25"

all he needs is a good looking muffler/tip

i have to say "nay" to tails as well
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 20 2009, 07:11 AM Wrote:Instead of a "muffler", why not a real performance exhaust system? Talk to MBRP, get yourself sorted out properly ;)

Flo's a big Borla guy, he could likely get you some product info as an alternative to MBRP as well.

As for the tails, I got a set MANY YEARS ago from none other than... Microbunny! Keep that in mind, fellas... my old car is STILL running them (saw it last week), but MB tinted them. I just swapped with him for my stockers when he took his car back at the end of the lease.

The only lenses I ever tinted by myself were the front corner markers.

I might seem like I'm coming down hard on you about the exhaust, but I can't stand to see a guy with decent style ideas ricing out the performance end of his car. Do what you will to the body, but don't mistreat the engine like that. It works hard carrying your styling cues back and forth daily. :)
[right][snapback]279857[/snapback][/right]

LMFAO! some one has not paid attention to my threads. i would not of been able to get a 15.1 track time with a stock exhaust thats for sure, even my signature states "I/H/E" and this car is never going to be riced out, the closest thing to it is that dumb muffler, only because ricers started tossin on their civics and cavaliers. either way, some of you are to quick to jump the gun and talk without looking into things or even READING any of the posts in this thread.

You said yourself you were going to replace the muffler. Lots of guys consider a fart can to be an exhaust. I was offering up solid performance ideas. You're being the typical ricer in your response.

Your car technically IS riced out, with tinted tails and headlights. They're aesthetic and do NOT do anything performance-wise for the car. Same goes for my old car. Just like my current Sylvania Silverstar H13s are debatable as to whether or not they do any real good.

So, drop the ricer attitude and realize that a muffler does NOT make a performance exhaust system. Why not resolve the whole issue by telling us what you "performance ehxaust" is?

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
He has a performance muffler mated to a custom 2.25 piping job. Plenty of places sell just the muffler area for custom use. Look at trubendz.com, you can order any muffler from them and do the piping yourself. Piping is piping, you just need to make sure its not a bottlebeck with your mods. You cant cut out the lunchbox on the focus and replace it with a borla muffler and expect any gains. Change in sound....sure, but minimal power gains. you need to open that piping up!

Mufflers change the sound of the car more than anything. Some will have ricey raspy tones, some will know better and go with Borla. :P :lol:

That said, you can say he has a performance exhaust system. A custom one.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
my exhaust consists of a OBX SS header, 2.5 inch flex pipe, high flow cat, 2.25 piping and a fart can to top it all off. for what exterior mods i have, i make up a lot more in performance and its only going to get better as i have been spending money over fist on a suspension set up. as for the ricer response, im not even going to waste my time. i can agree with you that i am a ricer if i threw on a body kit, JUST a fart can muffler at the end, some flame decals and altezza's but the fact that externally all i have done is lower the car and tint everything under the sun... well sorry but that doesnt qualify as a box of uncle bens. i have no need to justify what i do to the car, because for one, it is my car, and secondly its faster then your escape :lol: and seeing as how the car is 13 months old and within the first 6 months was running over 2 seconds faster on the 1/4 mile than a stock focus, that says something and i didnt even throw brown rice in the gas tank neither :o

as for exhaust, i was checking out the HKS hipower exhaust but its only for SVT/ZX3 of the older generations... does anyone know if it can be slightly modified to fit? other wise ill stick with getting a flat black muffler which is no longer a straight through and make the car a little quieter. i will however eventually be getting something that is 2.5" once i am making enough power to require it.

NefCanuck,Jan 19 2009, 11:28 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]279792[/snapback][/right]

I used to have the Hard Black Plastic covers over the rear lights and it looked good not Ricer :blink: . I never had a problem I've been told meny of times aslong a it is noticeable and you have not done your third brake light you'll be ok. By the way if anyone plans on getting those covers that I had, do not go above 180KM they are not that arrow dinamic <_< I only have one left now.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Your car is a box of Uncle Bens my friend.

It will just take time for you to see it.

Were just trying to be helpful and I, by far, am the most honest and in your face person on this board.

Quit the BS and get on with the mods.

Post your car when something other than lights and drama are pasted to the metal.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Ypu'll have to shorten any first-gen exhaust as the exhaust mani on the Zetec/SPI was at the front of the engine. On the Duratec, as you know, the exhaust mani is at the back. If you buy the exhaust kit and chop/re-weld the flange at the front-most end of the piping, you'll be fine.

Oh, and you had me smiling until the fart can ;)

Custom tubing is great, but obviously standard &quot;crush&quot; bends will rob internal gas velocity and introduce more turbulence to the exhaust gas flow. Mandrel bends are quite superior and make noticeably more power on the whole than their crush-bend counterparts.

As for how quick you got to go faster from stock, it's the same as your styling tastes - in the end, the only person that cares how fast you got &quot;faster&quot; than stock is you. Also, faster than me? I'd hope so, son - I'm driving a mini brick! I didn't buy it to go fast. I bought it to be useful and relatively unstoppable in the snow. So far, it hasn't disappointed. I'll buy something that will really perform out of the box down the road, or who knows? Maybe a first-gen hatch. ;)

Personally, if it was me and I was going to refit your car again.. I'd go with a full mandrel-bent 2.5&quot; stainless setup from the header, all the way back to the tip. This is Canada and unless your car will never see snow, performance aluminized exhaust setups are just a waste of cash IMO. I had a full MBRP 2.5&quot; T304 flex-back on my 07 ZX5 and it was probably one of the best-sounding 4-cyl ehxausts I've heard in quite some time. I was getting compliments from Subaru drivers and as far as I'm concerned Scooby drivers have the &quot;sex&quot; department cornered for 4-cyl exhaust noise.

Maybe I was too hard on you. I don't think I was. If nothing else, my place is completely reversed from where I was years ago and I took the same s*** from people that you're taking now. It's not that I've seen the light (pun possibly intended), but Niteshade really only belongs on show cars. Or perhaps at best, non-primary lenses (i.e. tails and headlights).

If nothing else, you know you've fully started modding your car when...

so onto something new, long post, long list, as for plans for the car this year and in the future, i have found a source for every part, just a matter of buying the parts i have not grabbed yet:

- steeda UDP
- lightweight alternator and water pump pulleys
- 65mm TB
- 75 shot for some track fun (need kit, have fuel rail adapter and 1 step colder plugs)
- EBC redstuff brake pads
- power slot rotors
- SS brake lines
- KYB AGX shocks/struts (waiting for nik)
- KW springs (waiting for nik)
- Steeda 28.6 mm rear sway bar (waiting to install)
- steeda rear sway bar hardware (in transit)
- FS upper, lower and rear stress bars (waiting to intstall)
- H&amp;R 24mm front sway bar
- CFM Tubular control arms
- falken azenis RT-615 tires
- FS cool flow intake to replace K&amp;N short ram
- contemplating a harness bar strictly for track days and also to be used for track videos

Future
- possibly 4.06 final drive if and when i get another DD and if no F/I
- SVT rear disc conversion
- 2.5&quot; catback to replace 2.25&quot;
- F2 supercharger if and when it ever sees a focus' engine bay

i think that should be about it for performance, handling and braking

as for exterior

- HID headlights and fog lights
- steeda front and rear emblems over top of ford emblems
- paint stock wheels satin black with red lip

Future plans (not this year thats for sure)
- CF invader hood
- Paint roof black
- possibly the steeda vinyl package
- very plain looking side skirt that i have yet to pick

who are you replying to?
My other ride is your Mom
i was moving onto a different topic as the last was pointless and posting what mods i am planing as its apparently rice lol where the hell did you come from?

If your looking for sideskirts, I suggest looking into a set from F2 USA.
Daniel sold me his set after the loss of his focus. To this day I still love the look of them.
You had mentioned a set from the svt focus. I think the 3-door SVT came equipped with the side-skirts not the 5-door hatch (correct me if I'm wrong folks).

ROUSH &amp; Kaminari also make a set that could fit your car.

Good luck with all your projects.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help Modding! *Updated with Pictures* ST1TCHx 13 4,571 11-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Last Post: incognito27