Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where To Purchase Hids?
Since my passenger low-beam is cracked.. I am faced with selling them (I don't want to hunt down a replacement glass lens for the low beam light assembly).

So then.. I am now finally trying to:

a) re-buy stock SVT headlights (L&R)
B) buy the MACH HID

Since I already posted a WTB for a) and a FS for my cracked Hellas.. I need to find a place to acquire B)..

Nobody in Toronto has a clue.. Does anybody have any idea where to look? I don't mind spending the money for the MACH HIDs (Polycarbonate lens are 1000 more durable than glass... unfortunately..) This is a problem with any projector like my Hellas).. Since Ford sells these as an option on 03-04 focii.. I'm wondering if they are having problems with cracked lenses.. Oh well.. rocks are hard to avoid on the Highway...
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
Try all the US forums like Focaljet, focusfanatics, etc. etc

If they don't have any in they're buy/sell try eBay......

And if all else fails they are on fordracing.com for $959.00 US w/harness

Start savin' your pennies :lol:

I got mine brand new off eBay for $530 US for the pair, but hade to make my own harness

Have you looked into converting your Hella projectors into HIDs? I'm pretty sure there's a way...............?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Ford dealerships will LIST the part if you go to the parts counter however they can't obtain them. There is a block on the part number. It WILL show up (i've seen it personally) but he said there is a hold on it and no Canadian dealer can bring them in.

I got mine from Dansmurf here on focus canada. You will have to get yours second hand for probably in the 500 USD or more range, luckily mine came pre-wired and plug and play. I love em.
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Feb 2 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:Ford dealerships will LIST the part if you go to the parts counter however they can't obtain them. There is a block on the part number. It WILL show up (i've seen it personally) but he said there is a hold on it and no Canadian dealer can bring them in.

I'm pretty sure they can now because i saw i think in FocusFanatics mag issue #3(not a 100% sure it was this mag) that they have 2 harnesses for the HIDs now by Ford Racing, 1 w/o DRL and 1 w DRL functions for Canadians
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Nope they can't. Never had anything to do with DRL regulations they were pulled due to the plug and play issue. Ask around
how much for the hellas? i cant find your FS post.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZOOM,Feb 4 2005, 12:16 PM Wrote:Nope they can't. Never had anything to do with DRL regulations they were pulled due to the plug and play issue. Ask around
[right][snapback]83377[/snapback][/right]

They ARE affected by the Canadian DRL issue, even if the Customer replaces their entire wiring harness. That was the issue
My other ride is your Mom
What is the daytime running light issue? They run just fine. The dealer replaced my DRL fuse when I brought it in for warrenty. How could there be any problems?
The guys at steeda say they can bring them in 2-3 weeks.. I think I'll just pay full pop and get them.. too much hassle getting them from someone on focaljet (chance of getting scammed, etc.)

* = (Current Ride)
taiyeungjai,Feb 6 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:The guys at steeda say they can bring them in 2-3 weeks.. I think I'll just pay full pop and get them.. too much hassle getting them from someone on focaljet (chance of getting scammed, etc.)
[right][snapback]83746[/snapback][/right]

how much for the hellas?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZOOM,Feb 5 2005, 12:07 PM Wrote:What is the daytime running light issue? They run just fine. The dealer replaced my DRL fuse when I brought it in for warrenty. How could there be any problems?
[right][snapback]83569[/snapback][/right]

The HID ballasts are not designed to have any resistance inline with the 12V power feed. They require full 100% of the 12V feed, that US cars have, Canadian cars have a DRL resistor inline, which reduces the power going into the headlights, unless you turn them to the "on" position manually, this has been covered numerous times, and will Damage the HID ballasts over time.
taiyeungjai,Feb 6 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:The guys at steeda say they can bring them in 2-3 weeks.. I think I'll just pay full pop and get them.. too much hassle getting them from someone on focaljet (chance of getting scammed, etc.)

Please post the price of the harness when you get them! I'm very curious about how much it'll be.

You should also price them from a dealership for comparison.........

Part # M-13008-F201

Only thing i don't get is why Ford Racing didn't put plugs for the grille signals, you still have to splice them????! Cool part is the signals are now the DRLs
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
ZOOM,Feb 2 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:Ford dealerships will LIST the part if you go to the parts counter however they can't obtain them. There is a block on the part number. It WILL show up (i've seen it personally) but he said there is a hold on it and no Canadian dealer can bring them in.

I got mine from Dansmurf here on focus canada. You will have to get yours second hand for probably in the 500 USD or more range, luckily mine came pre-wired and plug and play. I love em.
[right][snapback]82824[/snapback][/right]
There is a place in Van city that sells them outta the Ford racing catalogue. I talked to them yesterday. http://www.mopacauto.com
They are an authorized ford motor sports dealer!!
SL8RZZX3,Feb 6 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:

Please post the price of the harness when you get them! I'm very curious about how much it'll be.
[right][snapback]83812[/snapback][/right]

I'd like to know the price as well as see a picture of the harness as well. Then I can help out everyone else with questions on installing/setup
I got fed up trying to source them out... Nobody has an ETA on them.. and nobody can order them.

I originally tried to sell my hella projectors because I cracked one projector. I was able to source out a replacement unit from Performance Improvements for $130/pc.. and it includes a H9 bulb! An H9 bulb pair goes for about $40 CDN alone. I ordered 2 units just to have a spare in case another one goes due to huge flying rocks driving on the 401..

They also sell an HID retrofit kit for the hella projector set-up (~$800 CDN) and I believe they are using the hella 90mm projector/osram D2S which is on par/or better than the Visteon Projector/philips D2S setup on the Mach HIDs.

* = (Current Ride)