Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen Focus Mules Caught Testing
The next Ford Focus is being prepared in sedan and wagon formats, and the first mules have been caught. Judging from what we see here and what we've already heard, the coming Focus will take its design cues from the Iosis-Max concept shown at Geneva last month.

[Image: focus_spy2.jpg]

One thing we didn't see on the Iosis-Max, however, was the high-rise stance the Focus mule is sporting. We aren't sure why the mule has such elevated ground clearance, a state which seems to affect the sedan more than the wagon – perhaps there's some clandestine CUV testing or tuning going on?

Regardless, we can't wait to see the looks of the final car. And who knows... maybe even a Focus wagon will once again find its way over this way?

Autoblog

Original Post
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Very ugly mule, what the hell is with the wheel gap?? Its like a Escape/Focus mix.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
its not too bad......i just hate that 10" gap between wheel and a fender
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Yeah the wheel gap on the sedan looks horrible...

Having said that, I like the general shape of the sedan overall (The rear reminds me of a late model Volvo's actually)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 30 2009, 02:29 PM Wrote:Yeah the wheel gap on the sedan looks horrible...

Having said that, I like the general shape of the sedan overall (The rear reminds me of a late model Volvo's actually)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]283831[/snapback][/right]

Or an older civic sedan
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
funny thing is this is only a mule, so all the gaps are sorted out closer to production, thing is when I look at the sedan I think it looks like another facelift, but it still looks good to me, better then what we have here.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
It better have something more than a 140ish HP Duratec in there, or it'll definitely show that Ford still doesn't give a s*** about the N.A. sport compact market and their performance-minded customers. Oh, and it needs a SEVERE drop. And tint. Leave the 4x4ing to the Escapes, we've got it covered - kthxbai. :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Focus' That Caught My Eye On Kijiji GFXjamie 13 4,881 02-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Jmountney1
  Ford Fiesta Sedan For U.s. Caught Testing ZX3_2NV 8 4,330 06-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Last Post: CanadaSVT