Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Car Impounded
George... WTF?
You gotta roll in Peel for a while and see what these cops are pulling off all the time they park right up in the tree line and tear off when they see you speeding. When its a red they just flip the lights a just cruise threw its amazing how they get away with this s***.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

OK you go tell a city cop your not gonna pop your hood, Thats the last time you will see your car for a week.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Apr 30 2009, 01:54 PM Wrote:OK you go tell a city cop your not gonna pop your hood, Thats the last time you will see your car for a week.
[right][snapback]286238[/snapback][/right]

Sadly but truth......The more attitude you give = more $hit he will get you in :(
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
ZX3_2NV,Apr 30 2009, 02:54 PM Wrote:OK you go tell a city cop your not gonna pop your hood, Thats the last time you will see your car for a week.
[right][snapback]286238[/snapback][/right]
exactly. The best thing to do with a police officer is to co-operate as much as you can.

Fawk him in court, where it counts ;)

Trust me, I've learned the hard way more than once. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
They need a warrant to pop your hood. They need MTO to enforce emissions regs as that affects your registration / plate validation. OPP can also enforce. It's what I've been told by folks living in the Big Hamster Wheel for well over 10 years now. City cops cannot enforce emissions regs. Unless you're gushing liquid or belching smoke profusely, it becomes a deeper matter. Just like they can't search your trunk without probable cause. Traffic stops for &quot;just because&quot; are NOT probable cause.

Call a duty sargeant and ask at your local level. I encourage it.

I'll be doing just that tonight. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 30 2009, 03:20 PM Wrote:I'll be doing just that tonight. :)
[right][snapback]286246[/snapback][/right]

Cool, I got better things to do though. :lol:

You should record it.
first, that is very nce looking 350z..

i haven't met any bad cop so far..
1. when i was driving all the way from vancouver to toronto, i was over speeding where there was no car and the road was pretty curvy..was doing some power sliding and stuff on the road in btw sudbury to thunder bay..shouldn't have watched wrc 07 dvd..
it was like 2 am and cops stopped me and asked me for license and insurance..by that time i didn't have insurance and car wasn't imported to canada yet..
but they let me go and suggested me to take some sleep..lol

2. first accident in 10 yrs of driving, girl using cell phone while driving tried to change 3 lanes at once and side impacted me..
cop came over and never asked me about any modification of my car..it was 100% at her fault..

3. pulled over for not signalling when passing car in front of me going 70km on fast lane, gardiner expressway..
i hate weekend drivers..

4. this is funny story, i am at red stop, cop pulled right next to me asking &quot;yours faster than me?&quot;

5. followed me every road and every blocks and pulled me over and asked me to pop the hood and talking this and that and they let me go..

u must have be in the bad time and bad day..
hope you get everything sorted out..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
They follow me all the time... I know there is a SVT Blue with a Carbon Fiber Hood just like mine. My mother has seen him run some red lights in the past and even speeding at night on the 410. He lives over near Shoppers World and I must be taking the heat for his troubles, but they never give me a ticket or try to cause me trouble, just to take up my time and check the car out.
My cousin is a UnderCover Detective and he said to me that they have a new rule amoungst them that one officer can not interfere with another officers judgement , or hat first officer will be punished.
But I've just gotten used to it.
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

I think I should just become a cop and when caught speeding I would just claim to be undercover or fight crime or something like that ;)
Adam - updates?
Called once, got tied up in voicemail hell. I love automated phone systems. Going to try again today.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Gabriel,Apr 30 2009, 09:47 PM Wrote:I think I should just become a cop and when caught speeding I would just claim to be undercover or fight crime or something like that&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]286269[/snapback][/right]

I know a couple guys who are cops. No need to be undercover to get away with it. One of them will always drive at 150-160 on the highway (when traffic allows) and has never gotten a ticket for it. As he puts it, all he has to do is &quot;pull tin&quot;.

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
Scourge,May 1 2009, 09:02 AM Wrote:
Gabriel,Apr 30 2009, 09:47 PM Wrote:I think I should just become a cop and when caught speeding I would just claim to be undercover or fight crime or something like that  ;)
[right][snapback]286269[/snapback][/right]

I know a couple guys who are cops. No need to be undercover to get away with it. One of them will always drive at 150-160 on the highway (when traffic allows) and has never gotten a ticket for it. As he puts it, all he has to do is &quot;pull tin&quot;.

-George
[right][snapback]286289[/snapback][/right]
Gotta love the cops ...especially when they call for donations . The law is made for them to enforce it , not to obey it . I told a cop once &quot; you guys don't even use the turn signals anymore , never mind respecting other traffic laws &quot;...he just smiled kind of like saying &quot;cause we can &quot;
Flofocus,Apr 30 2009, 02:18 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 30 2009, 02:05 PM Wrote:Only the MTO and OPP can make you pop your hood.

[right][snapback]286232[/snapback][/right]

Source?

There the police, they can do whatever they want now with these new laws.
[right][snapback]286234[/snapback][/right]

I agree , there's a new mob in town boys , &quot;to serve you &quot; , never mind the law , it's what they say that goes . Has anybody watched the movie Casanova ? The Cardinal called Casanova a heretic and wanted to punish him . When a girl ask him what is heresy , he replied , &quot;heresy is whatever we say it is &quot;.
Gabriel,May 1 2009, 10:08 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 30 2009, 02:18 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 30 2009, 02:05 PM Wrote:Only the MTO and OPP can make you pop your hood.

[right][snapback]286232[/snapback][/right]

Source?

There the police, they can do whatever they want now with these new laws.
[right][snapback]286234[/snapback][/right]

I agree , there's a new mob in town boys , &quot;to serve you &quot; , never mind the law , it's what they say that goes . Has anybody watched the movie Casanova ? The Cardinal called Casanova a heretic and wanted to punish him . When a girl ask him what is heresy , he replied , &quot;heresy is whatever we say it is &quot;.
[right][snapback]286302[/snapback][/right]

Now that reminds me of......
[Image: I-am-the-law.jpg]
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
got pulled over a few weeks back. Cop claims I didnt signal when changing lanes, I had to get over into the right lane from the left lane so I signaled but it was breif. When the cop asked me why I didnt signal, I didnt dispute him, I just answered back &quot;are you telling me my rear indicators are not working properly? I just had them checked at the shop a week ago, here let me turn them on again and we'll take a look&quot; but he said &quot;just remember to signal next time&quot;, handed me my DL and on my way to work I went. My car was philthy as hell covered in dirt, debris, etc.. and i was on my way to work, not late either, that cop was nice.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,May 2 2009, 10:06 AM Wrote:got pulled over a few weeks back. Cop claims I didnt signal when changing lanes, I had to get over into the right lane from the left lane so I signaled but it was breif.   When the cop asked me why I didnt signal, I didnt dispute him, I just answered back &quot;are you telling me my rear indicators are not working properly?  I just had them checked at the shop a week ago, here let me turn them on again and we'll take a look&quot; but he said &quot;just remember to signal next time&quot;, handed me my DL and on my way to work I went.  My car was philthy as hell covered in dirt, debris, etc.. and i was on my way to work, not late either, that cop was nice.
[right][snapback]286363[/snapback][/right]
Nobody said that all of them are bad , but sometimes they don't mind abusing the power . Back in 2007 I was driving down on 400 , headed to the Autoshow and at Canal Road exit I got pulled over for speeding . He gave me a ticket for doing 142 km/h . When I asked him why didn't he pull over the other Chevy Avalanche that was just next to me on the left lane and actually going even faster , he replied &quot; I can only get one of the time &quot; . The catch is that we were a bunch of cars at about the same speed (all over 130 km/h ) , on all three lanes , never mind the Avalanche who had way over 150 , but I was the only &quot;sports &quot; car in the bunch .So $300 later can you say :Who's down with OPP ?
Quote:Who's down with OPP ?

Ya not f***ing me

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Not this guy right here.
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
so whats the deal with not popping your hood for a city cop? yay or nay?
Now rockin a 06 ZX5 SES