Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Time Doing Retrofit
i already have projector but it is made for halogen only..
[Image: 00.jpg]

[Image: 01.jpg]

i ignored and put hid and didn't like output, it didn't glare upcoming traffics' but was worse than halogen's..
after 2 years, i found TRS very helpful and ordered parts from Matt..

i m waiting for package to arrive today and decided to take 1 headlight off and start doing something..

first thing, i have to sand down and buff to get rid of this clear coat peels came from factory..
[Image: 02.jpg]

m i lucky that i can reuse mounting??will see..
[Image: 03.jpg]

outer shell, i didn't like the led angel eyes, looks ugly and hated..
[Image: 04.jpg]

i might keep the high beam side but if i want to go with, i m switching to ccfl from TRS..
[Image: 05.jpg]

[Image: 06.jpg]
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
i gotta get cut off wheel..
used plastic cutter and it was dumb idea..
look at how bad it looks..
still need to cut down more..
[Image: 07.jpg]

compare trimmed shroud vs. new shroud
[Image: 08.jpg]

gotta construct few spot..
[Image: 09.jpg]
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I put HID's into my hella halogen projectors and had no issues. Maybe i'm just not that picky...?
are you comparing hella to junyan ebay stuff?? :blink:
why didn't you just buy the real HID's from Ford. if you plan on keeping the car for a long time i think its worth the money. None of this other stuff will come close to OEM. Also they are main free as oppsed to others that last about a year.

Having said that, so far the progress looks good. Let us know how it goes. Good luck
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

well..money matters..

i bought this headlight about 2 1/2 years ago..and bought it used, not actually used but used as show car or something..
i got it for $120 shipped..

and i had hid in there for long time and never had any problem..
i bought lexus rx-afs with tsx-r clear lens for $170 and shroud $30 and that is still cheaper than real mach hid..

but i like doing these stuff, so it doesn't matter much to me..
i m having fun with it..
another update for today..

decided to get rid of chrome and paint all black..
[Image: 10.jpg]
For all the money you have spent on headlamps, you could have had the real deal(or close to it)

We'll see how it turns out but learn atleast one lesson.

You get what you pay for.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I think he just likes the DIY stuff
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
in terms of "get what you pay for" is only for ebay projector i bought..it was cheap and needed new looks..
i didn't care much about quality..

all money i spent can get me real mach hid??
no..
whare can you get mach hid for $320??
tell me, so i can get it and sell it more expensive to others and get profit out of it..

and projector lens are came from lexus, oem stuff, not replica..

yeah i like doing DIY, i made hood vent, roof scoop, made custom gauges, painted everything..but like i said..retrofitting hid is my first time, i might mess up but it is good to have fun with at least..
test fitted without using bracket..
[Image: 12.jpg]

this is half of old halogen projector and used hole saw..
[Image: 13.jpg]

lexus rx projector will be glued together using plastic welder..
[Image: 14.jpg]
[Image: 15.jpg]
I think you should be proud of your self for doing this. You will be the one with the smile on your face when you get it all together and working. Good on you man!
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
yes i will be..

i test fitted yesterday night and output was super!
but needed some adjustment, tilting issue..

i need to get some silicone to hold things tight, plastic welder was good but wasn't great to bond things together, especially this chunky projector to mount i had to modify..
bezel is primered and painted
[Image: 18.jpg]

cannot decide which color scheme to go with..

[Image: 19.jpg]
looks good, the red in there looks ok. Just not sure how it would look on your car. I think silver would be better.
think so??
painting pver to silver isn'tdifficult at all..

i guess you are right, red in there rlooks good itself but not with my ride..
to show red pieces, i gotta take off hood and drive, haha

it will be great if i can paint it to match body color but wonder where i can get paint in spray can..

the place i ordered last time do not offer in spray can anymore..
I get my paint bombs from car quest. At least the one in Oshawa still sells them, either a one coat, or a two part colour + clear.
konafocuswrc,Jul 5 2009, 10:35 AM Wrote:it will be great if i can paint it to match body color but wonder where i can get paint in spray can..

[right][snapback]290610[/snapback][/right]

I just got a colour match in a spray paint can from these people:

http://www.paintcircuit.com/

Just tell them your make, model, year, and paint code (from the sticker on your door jam) and they can custom make the colour match in a can in 24 hours.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
awesome! how much is the spray can??
i can go there pick up?
Kona get it from napa buddy.
The lights look great see if you can make it out to a meet.
I plan on taking my lights apart ( the ones I bought from ebay) and fixing the Halo's and cheap LED's. I might have to ask you a bunch of questions about doing the TSX projector switching and were to got them from + the parts I would need.
I just did my stockers, heres the pick.
[Image: IMG00025.jpg]
[Image: IMG00006.jpg]
[Image: IMG00007.jpg]
[Image: IMG00008.jpg]
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car