Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator Is Pooched
On my '01 wagon, just after rolling over 210K km.

Anyone have to replace theirs? If yes, how much did it end up costing?

Ivan MacKenzie.
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
when my dad replaced the one on his 2003 zx5 it was around 250 for the alt, he installed it in the driveway.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Mine was around $700 for a custom Heavy duty 200Amp. Not what normal ppl need.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I've replaced 3. One from the wreckers, one from the parts store, and one from the parts store again, because the original parts store one was defective. Installed all three at home. You'll need to take off quite a bit of &quot;stuff&quot; to get it out, and remember the phrase&quot; Just give it a pull&quot;. Not much space between the engine and the firewall......
First one took quite awhile to take out, 'cause I followed some directions, and didn't want to break anything. second and third were done in about an hour each, not counting time going back for the return of the faulty one
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
if you have to get an Alternator get it from parts source as they now sell new ones with a life time warentee, it's where I got mine from when mine died in january of last year
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.