Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Me Some Euro Bits
Yup now you deffenetly need to buy my Turbo Kit and Ill give u a deal on the motor ;) You need to put a front mount in there or it just won't be complete.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Sep 30 2009, 07:53 AM Wrote:Yup now you deffenetly need to buy my Turbo Kit and Ill give u a deal on the motor ;) You need to put a front mount in there or it just won't be complete.
[right][snapback]295114[/snapback][/right]

all ready got a 2nd motor on the way for turbo..and no im not buying yours lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
drunkinmonkey,Sep 30 2009, 07:08 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Sep 30 2009, 07:53 AM Wrote:Yup now you deffenetly need to buy my Turbo Kit and Ill give u a deal on the motor ;) You need to put a front mount in there or it just won't be complete.

[right][snapback]295186[/snapback][/right]

I don't think you'll be able to build the same turbo kit, nor the same motor without spending more than he's asking for his.....
hardk0re,Sep 30 2009, 08:00 PM Wrote:

I don't think you'll be able to build the same turbo kit, nor the same motor without spending more than he's asking for his.....
[right][snapback]295192[/snapback][/right]

i work at performance shop i get stuff for cost plus 10%.....you wouldnt believe the markup
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Good luck.

Save your reciepts for parts/labour. When you hit over 350WHP let us know how much you've spent.
drunkinmonkey,Oct 1 2009, 04:03 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Sep 30 2009, 08:00 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]295192[/snapback][/right]

i work at performance shop i get stuff for cost plus 10%.....you wouldnt believe the markup
[right][snapback]295203[/snapback][/right]

and you don't think I have Friends in the buisness Ohh boy You don't know what your getting urself into. You won't build a motor better than mine for $3000 and you won't put together a turbo kit of my caliber for under $2500. Good luck on with ur stock motor and ebay turbo kit.

hardk0re,Oct 1 2009, 05:11 AM Wrote:Good luck.

Save your reciepts for parts/labour.  When you hit over 350WHP let us know how much you've spent.
[right][snapback]295214[/snapback][/right]

Speaking from experience /\
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

Just remember this is just friendly advise from some guys that have been there and done that :)

its true, you wont come close to what he has, even working at Northern Performance...wont help as much as you think lol. Maybe for stuff like suspension but nothing worth money like a quality turbokit and stuff :lol:

this is one of the big reasons im getting out of the focus scene, i really dont like spending crazy money to make N/A 150whp TOPS, nevermind 300+ lol
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

either way id rather build then buy a turbo and motor beaten to s*** id like to no whats in my motor and how its driven...i dont care how much i spend im not buing your turbo kit nor an ebay kit... i must say FC.net has the most negetive ppl alive you guys give terrible support i doubt very much i'll be on here much anymore....you dont help you just give negative feedback ...for the ppl that have been nice and have helped thank you!!!!!

Instagram @o_so_slo
I don't think anybody is being overly negative, I totally understand you want to do it yourself, and not buy someone elses projects. Cuddos to that, but we all speak from experience.

That said, i'm sorry if I gave you a negative impression. Maybe i'm just old and bitter, or maybe i'm jealous you get to mod your car and I can't :P
Good luck with your project man.
You got way more ballz than I.

I toyed with building a turbo a few years ago, and pussied out after did some research.

Props to you man.
Well on some of the US sites they give huge props for adding stickers to your car. I think most of the people on those forums are just stupid. Don't get me wrong, there are some very knowlegable people over there and can provide a great deal of assistance. FC is a reasonable small comunity with the majority of its members in Southern Ontario. The advice given here in this thread is supposed to guide you in a direction for success.

We had a member a couple years ago (Kamick or something like that) who was doing the same thing as you are. Advice was given in a similar fashion and I believe he didn't take any of it. I believe he blew up his car.

Do what you want man, its your car. Advice is just that. Take it or don't. But the people here with Turbo experience are only trying to guide you towards success.

Just my 2 cents. :)
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
As someone who barely has the wrench skills to check his own oil, I have to salute you for going the "build it yourself route" but always always remember that building from scratch, without following plans is akin to building a house by eye.

It can be done, the results can be spectacular but budget in a lot of extra money for those "Whoops, DAMNIT!"" moments, because they will be there, hell I had those happen to me when I'm paying people to work on my car :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Just so you can laugh heres what I had on my car, kit was put to gether for under 1k. It showed in the final result, I wasn't happy with it and ended up buying the s/c I finally had.

[Image: 5722020064_medium.jpg]
[Image: 5722020031_medium.jpg]
Not to knock you or anything but then Why buy a used car?

This was....
[Image: P1010002.jpg]

in here with a 50 shot ;)
[Image: P1000026.jpg]

You never know whats been beaten.

My motor and Turbo kit might be "Beaten" as you stated but still have great potential and the price can't be beat alot of research and planning went into my build. If you want to do that urself then by all means good luck to you but it willll Cost you big bucks probabbly twice or 3 times what you payed for the car.

P.S. There is no shame in buying other peoples stuff. btw How is my custom made suade headliner and shift/ebrake boot doing?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain