Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Racing Hid's
Does anyone have these installed? How sweet are they? Do they give off a blue tint like like BMW's, Caddilac's, etc? And do they com with bulbs? Im thinking of upgrading from stock to HIDs or Hella projectors. Any answers or help would be great thanx.
Whats the retail on the Mach HID's from Ford?
I compared my Ford Factory HIDs with my friends on his BMW 330, and let me tell you, they are pretty much almost identical. I have a feeling his use the same hella bi-xenon projectors too. They are white, but if u look directly at the cut-off, you will see blue.
My other ride is your Mom
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 15 2005 Wrote:Whats the retail on the Mach HID's from Ford?
[right][snapback]86588[/snapback][/right]

are the MACH HID's the same as from Ford racing? Are you talking about the same product?
those are expensive... last time i checked... they were like 1000 us for the pair.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Ya I just priced out the HID's and the projectors from ford Motor sports and the HID's are $1260+ taxes CAN. and the projectors are $942+taxes CAN. dam I could get forged rods and pistons for that price!!
The ford projectors are just hella projectors. You'll get a better price than that at almost any shop you go into that can order them.
I love my Mach HIDS
Run your car, not your mouth
*cough*Silverstars*cough* :D :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ZOOM,Feb 15 2005, 05:51 PM Wrote:I love my Mach HIDS
[right][snapback]86653[/snapback][/right]

Do they give off a blue color like BMW's, Caddilacs and Mercedes? ALso are they easy to install... like do u have to rewire a bunch of s**t or are they damm near plug and play.
you have to re-wire them. Its not plug and play at ALL.

they are pretty white. Not blue really
Run your car, not your mouth
Silverstars "the look of HID" is nothing compared to real HID.

The color is more white than blue, closest to real sunlight. Blue lights dont light any better than white anyway. If you look at them compared to halogens they look sort of blue against the yellow, but the main beam is really white.

I thought I read somewhere that the Ford Racing branded lights included a more plug-and-play package? I'm not sure if that means that they included their own adapter harness or maybe they just included the VW harness this time and expect you to cut the stock harnesses off. That you'd have to check with the Ford Racing dealer probably..

It's a really expensive modification but the difference in light output is just HUGE. But it really depends on whether $1000+ is worth it for better headlights.
guilty,Feb 16 2005, 12:43 PM Wrote:Silverstars "the look of HID" is nothing compared to real HID.

The color is more white than blue, closest to real sunlight.  Blue lights dont light any better than white anyway.  If you look at them compared to halogens they look sort of blue against the yellow, but the main beam is really white.

I thought I read somewhere that the Ford Racing branded lights included a more plug-and-play package?  I'm not sure if that means that they included their own adapter harness or maybe they just included the VW harness this time and expect you to cut the stock harnesses off.  That you'd have to check with the Ford Racing dealer probably..

It's a really expensive modification but the difference in light output is just HUGE.  But it really depends on whether $1000+ is worth it for better headlights.
[right][snapback]86844[/snapback][/right]

Last issue of Focus Fanatic had an article. Said the complete harness would be included. No hacking necessary.
They are excellent performance wise and still a bargain at whatever Ford will charge.

To get US STi spec OEM HID's for my WRX will cost $US1500+.

Play around with some "build and price websites" (ex/ Audi, Mercedes) to see what they charge for HID and you'll see how good a deal the Ford ones are.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
guilty,Feb 16 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Silverstars "the look of HID" is nothing compared to real HID.
[right][snapback]86844[/snapback][/right]

I was just being a smartass. In no way would I insinuate that 60 bucks' worth of halogen can compare to a real projector kit. Although, I parked next to a few cars over the last week in areas of varying darkness... and the difference really is "nght and day". No word of a lie.

Driving down 12 last Friday on the way to Gord's place... highbeams were super bright. That's all I can say :o
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.