Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hid
Does an 07 focus need the relay harness for the aftermarket HID kits??
All of them really do.

Not sure if you can pull a fuse or not
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

actually not all of them need relay harness but it is good to have one if you are having an issue with only 1 side turns on, then you had to turn off and on to get both lights working..

but these days ignitor is built into ballast and pretty reliable..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
the drl sends reduced power to your ballasts, causing them to not ignite properly. this is bad for the ballast, you must supply the proper voltage

So either disabling the DRL or you put a relay to bypass the drl and send full power to the balast when your DRL are on.
My other ride is your Mom
Is it illegal to run without DRL?

Can i by pass the relays?? i see others running with no relays and drls still.

paolo,Mar 9 2010, 12:09 PM Wrote:the drl sends reduced power to your ballasts,&nbsp; causing them to not ignite properly.&nbsp; this is bad for the ballast, you must supply the proper voltage

So either disabling the DRL or you put a relay to bypass the drl and send full power to the balast when your DRL are on.
[right][snapback]302979[/snapback][/right]
evofocus,Mar 9 2010, 07:57 AM Wrote:Is it illegal to run without DRL?
technically yes but unless its dusk or night-time cops don't care. most of them run without DRLs and theres many people that do also.

in my case i pulled the DRL fuse, so if i want i can just have the parking lights on, or them + the fogs. this only works (from what i've heard) for the 05+ foci.

if yours is the previous gen you can do a by-pass which makes your fogs the DRLs.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
how do i bypass drl which relay/fuse

Spinal,Mar 9 2010, 02:59 PM Wrote:
evofocus,Mar 9 2010, 07:57 AM Wrote:Is it illegal to run without DRL?
technically yes but unless its dusk or night-time cops don't care. most of them run without DRLs and theres many people that do also.

in my case i pulled the DRL fuse, so if i want i can just have the parking lights on, or them + the fogs. this only works (from what i've heard) for the 05+ foci.

if yours is the previous gen you can do a by-pass which makes your fogs the DRLs.
[right][snapback]302986[/snapback][/right]
oh yeah, forgot about drl, you will need relay harness then..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
cant i pull out a relay to disable that and use my fogs as the DRL?
konafocuswrc,Mar 9 2010, 04:38 PM Wrote:oh yeah, forgot about drl, you will need relay harness then..
[right][snapback]302993[/snapback][/right]
this is how you do it IIRC

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=...g%20Light%20Mod
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
IRC you can also support the Canadian DRF mod which is found here:
http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/drf/

also, brought to you by yours truely as well FYI!
My other ride is your Mom