Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaved Bumper ?'s
Hey guys!

As you know i bought a Evo3 front buimper... B)

I'm wanting to try and shave the factory body lines that were incorperated in their design in order to "clean up" the looks of the bumper. And i might even delete the factory bumper signal light holes as i have side fender markers i am going to use (on the fenders).

Can anyone give me any tips on how to do this and what materials i need?

And NO a DIFFERENT BUMPER is NOT an option (for all you HATERS) :lol:
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
What material is the bumper made of now?
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Tiketz,Apr 23 2010, 09:06 PM Wrote:What material is the bumper made of now?
[right][snapback]305788[/snapback][/right]

My guess is duraflex or possibly fiberglass, it seems pretty thin if it is fiberglass
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
http://www.fiberglassforums.com/index.php

read and search you will find everything your looking for here
It my not be fast but its LOUD
SL8RZZX3,Apr 23 2010, 09:44 PM Wrote:
Tiketz,Apr 23 2010, 09:06 PM Wrote:What material is the bumper made of now?
[right][snapback]305788[/snapback][/right]

My guess is duraflex or possibly fiberglass, it seems pretty thin if it is fiberglass
[right][snapback]305799[/snapback][/right]

Gord is it the same material as the Cervini bumper?
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Tiketz,Apr 24 2010, 03:10 PM Wrote:Gord is it the same material as the Cervini bumper?
[right][snapback]305829[/snapback][/right]

LOL not even close, way cheaper quality.
It's maybe 1/3 the thinkness of the Cervini bumpers

I'm probably going to coat it in rockergaurd, before i paint it, in order to strengthen it up a bit :lol:
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting