Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me ...
(06-14-2010, 12:23 PM)Jmountney1 Wrote: but say it wasn't a mustang. that would be a smoking deal.

Who said it wasn't a good deal? I didn't. Don't think anyone did.

Just keep in mind though, that $22G is the base V6. Cloth seats, 2:73 axle, 17"wheels, no sat, no SYNC, no Pony Package; the only thing you can upgrade is putting on a block heater and remote start. ALL other options are unavailable(!) If you want ANY other option, you have to buy the V6 Premium which will cost you another $4G.

In the order guide, they refer to that base model as the "Value Leader"; it's what places like Young-Steele Ford advertises in the TO Sun to get you in the door before they whack you with extras. As a matter of fact, chances are you would have to order one, it's not something they would keep on the lot; there is less than a 10% mix rate on it.

Just so you all understand before you run down to your Ford dealer...
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Makes perfect sense Sparky, ye olde "Loss Leader" at work.

Suck 'em in with a low price, make it nigh impossible to get said low price and say "But for only a few thousand more you get all this..." and wham.

It's like the grocery store, they advertise a few things each week on the cheap but what they don't tell you is that they jacked everything else up a few cents to compensate (and make a profit besides) Dodgy

NefCanuck
(06-15-2010, 04:43 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: Makes perfect sense Sparky, ye olde "Loss Leader" at work.

Suck 'em in with a low price, make it nigh impossible to get said low price and say "But for only a few thousand more you get all this..." and wham.

It's like the grocery store, they advertise a few things each week on the cheap but what they don't tell you is that they jacked everything else up a few cents to compensate (and make a profit besides) Dodgy

NefCanuck

I guess it depends on what you're shopping for ... this so-called loss leader has a/c, power windows and locks, remote entry, 4-wheel discs with ABS, traction control, Electronic Stability control, side air bags, tach, trip computer, tilt steering wheel, 300+ hp and brakes capable of hauling it down from 60 mph in barely 100 ft ... all for the price of a Focus.

The Pony package gets you fog lights, 18" rims, power seat, spoiler, a special grille, a capless fuel filler, and a couple of extra speakers ... in terms of a performance car - none of these things is important IMO ... at least not for 4,000 bucks.

I know that no one is really arguing the point - but the more I post about this the more convinced I am that this is virtually unbeatable value ... and it won't surprise me one bit if Ford ups the price in the very near future.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
A local dealer has one of these value leader models with a manual trans. Looks pretty plain inside & out, but a few aftermarket bits would make it look just fine. I was shocked that it didn't even come with a spoiler (thought it was standard by now), but for low $24k sticker including desitination I'd live with that.
What they REALLY need to do is come up with a value leader GT model like the LX or GTS versions of the old 5.0L models. Sucks that the V6 starts at approximately $22K in the USA & Canada, but the V8 starts at $30k US and $38k Canadian. Don't tell me there is $8k worth of stanard equipment in the Canadian model that isn't in the US model.
(06-15-2010, 06:15 AM)SVT ZX3 Wrote: Sucks that the V6 starts at approximately $22K in the USA & Canada, but the V8 starts at $30k US and $38k Canadian. Don't tell me there is $8k worth of stanard equipment in the Canadian model that isn't in the US model.

I agree, the only GT models available in Canada are the equiv of the Premium coupe and verts. There is a whole array of packages and accessory packs not available here.

That said, though, the Premium in the US is $33 in the US and the base GT is $30. And yes there is 3G worth of upgrades between the base and the premium.

But there is still a 5G difference between the same GT model US vs Canada. It's got nothing to do with a difference in equipment. 2G is straight up exchange rate and the other 3G is what the market will bear.
(06-15-2010, 06:11 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: ... all for the price of a Focus.

Correction...all for the price of a LOADED Focus (which right now will cost actually 21G with everything.)

The Focus S you can get for $13G with what you listed save rear disks (and of course the HP).
I wish I could keep affording more car payments, I seem to always buy at the 'wrong' time.

I love my car, but it was hard being a v6 owner and having to stand up for your choice, but it's going to be even harder in light of the new v6's (they have better interiors, but not as keen on the new, sleeker exterior design).

The sad thing is that you can get a v6 camaro for lower monthly payments (but longer term) than a bloody focus due to differences in financing rates and terms. I was born with a poor timing gene, seriously.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I like the idea of a loaded V6 ragtop for less than a base GT coupe, but I'd still be hitting myself in the head saying "I coulda had a V8".

I feel so sorry for those with 2010 V6 or V8's.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
(06-15-2010, 11:39 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: The Focus S you can get for $13G with what you listed save rear disks (and of course the HP).

LOL - I win.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(06-15-2010, 11:39 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(06-15-2010, 06:15 AM)SVT ZX3 Wrote: Sucks that the V6 starts at approximately $22K in the USA & Canada, but the V8 starts at $30k US and $38k Canadian. Don't tell me there is $8k worth of stanard equipment in the Canadian model that isn't in the US model.

I agree, the only GT models available in Canada are the equiv of the Premium coupe and verts. There is a whole array of packages and accessory packs not available here.

That said, though, the Premium in the US is $33 in the US and the base GT is $30. And yes there is 3G worth of upgrades between the base and the premium.

But there is still a 5G difference between the same GT model US vs Canada. It's got nothing to do with a difference in equipment. 2G is straight up exchange rate and the other 3G is what the market will bear.
(06-15-2010, 06:11 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: ... all for the price of a Focus.

Correction...all for the price of a LOADED Focus (which right now will cost actually 21G with everything.)

The Focus S you can get for $13G with what you listed save rear disks (and of course the HP).

I just built a loaded Focus on Ford.ca and it came in at $25019 the only offer is 0%, what other deals are there, this would be close to the new V6 Stang and will the 2012 Focus be more? The stang is looking better the more i look at it. V6 i can live with that as a daily driver.
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
(06-18-2010, 09:22 AM)NoiSeeVT Wrote: I just built a loaded Focus on Ford.ca and it came in at $25019 the only offer is 0%,
Plus the first month payment plus $1000 Costco discount/ Not counting XPlan because Dan wasn't referring to it in the OP. I go by the pricing guide not the Ford.ca build and price.

Quote:will the 2012 Focus be more?
Most definitely
All of the 2011's are great value for the money. Even the 05-09 Versions were too. That's why I bought mine when I did. It gave me relatively similar performance, style, and luxury as vehicles that cost over 50 grand. Mind you, I got mine for $27,900, and the original build sheets and papers were with the car...it rolled off the showroom floor at over $42,000, which was still LESS than it's competition at the time (WRX STi, Nissan 350Z, Lancer EVO, Mazda RX-8, etc).

The new ones are even better examples of value for money, with that revamped interior, the LED tails, HID headlamps, world-class chasis and suspension, the 6th gear cog in the manual transmissions, and powertrains that are absolute sledgehammers for the price.

In some respects, current competitors might have better specs on paper, but time and time again, the "BUTT" dyno always puts the Mustang on top.

Anyways, I need to stop daydreaming about Mustangs, and research the crap out of Buick Enclave CXL's and other vehicles that the wifey really wants as our next vehicle...

L8tz!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
(06-20-2010, 08:43 AM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: All of the 2011's are great value for the money. Even the 05-09 Versions were too. That's why I bought mine when I did. It gave me relatively similar performance, style, and luxury as vehicles that cost over 50 grand. Mind you, I got mine for $27,900, and the original build sheets and papers were with the car...it rolled off the showroom floor at over $42,000, which was still LESS than it's competition at the time (WRX STi, Nissan 350Z, Lancer EVO, Mazda RX-8, etc).

The new ones are even better examples of value for money, with that revamped interior, the LED tails, HID headlamps, world-class chasis and suspension, the 6th gear cog in the manual transmissions, and powertrains that are absolute sledgehammers for the price.

In some respects, current competitors might have better specs on paper, but time and time again, the "BUTT" dyno always puts the Mustang on top.

Anyways, I need to stop daydreaming about Mustangs, and research the crap out of Buick Enclave CXL's and other vehicles that the wifey really wants as our next vehicle...

L8tz!

Evo X & STi (are all year around performance cars) > Stang (summer only and mostly in the straight line)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
All I know IS i will be buying another Ford...

This Baby Stang looks nice... And a Vortec And BANG Its a nice ride.

But im really liking the eco-boost Flex and the FX4 250.
(06-20-2010, 09:48 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: Evo X & STi (are all year around performance cars) > Stang (summer only and mostly in the straight line)

.96g skidpad is not only in a straight line.

STi .95g
SVT Focus .86g

Based on tests and facts, not "how you feel".

The new Mustang has traction control and ESC and handles just fine in the winter, l know people that drive them year round. I know people that don't drive their Foci in the winter, does that mean they suck too?

Really, it's great you're an import fan, but you need to pull the blinders off. The new Mustang isn't from 1995.
Kinda close minded Nik....
But can I fit 2 car seats and a stroller in the trunk?

But 3X the HP of my Focus is tough to pass up. LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
(06-20-2010, 11:00 AM)Chromey Wrote: All I know IS i will be buying another Ford...

This Baby Stang looks nice... And a Vortec And BANG Its a nice ride.

But im really liking the eco-boost Flex and the FX4 250.

Flex Ecoboost is my #1 CHOICE. It's fast, rides and handles VERY well, and the interior is amazing. Likely one of the best all-round vehicles Ford has built in a long time.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
(06-21-2010, 12:42 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(06-20-2010, 09:48 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: Evo X & STi (are all year around performance cars) > Stang (summer only and mostly in the straight line)

.96g skidpad is not only in a straight line.

STi .95g
SVT Focus .86g

Based on tests and facts, not "how you feel".

The new Mustang has traction control and ESC and handles just fine in the winter, l know people that drive them year round. I know people that don't drive their Foci in the winter, does that mean they suck too?

Really, it's great you're an import fan, but you need to pull the blinders off. The new Mustang isn't from 1995.

Can't say that I'm such a big import fan. I still make fun off mad tYte JDM guys here and there. Let me know when Ford brings AWD-turbo compact car here and I will probably jump on it (Not SHO boat, that is a size of my Magnum). But right no I will stay what Japs offer.
I think you should give a nice test drive to a new WRX 265 at least. Can't be a brain-washed "Ford Fan Boy" all your life......or maybe not.

If you really wanna know I like the new Chevy Cobalt Turbocharged. Comes with nice power out of the box, Brembos, LSD, not a bad interior. At the track they handle very good. Haven't heard anything bad in mechanical department. Price tag is right too.

To be honest, I apreciate cars for their performance (in different conditions) not for their maker.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(06-21-2010, 01:32 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: Can't say that I'm such a big import fan. I still make fun off mad tYte JDM guys here and there. Let me know when Ford brings AWD-turbo compact car here and I will probably jump on it (Not SHO boat, that is a size of my Magnum). But right no I will stay what Japs offer.
I think you should give a nice test drive to a new WRX 265 at least. Can't be a brain-washed "Ford Fan Boy" all your life......or maybe not.

Let's see.

412 HP (Dynos in the 380s RWHP)
.96g skidpad
0-60 4.6s
12.8 1/4 mile
60-0 105' on Factory Brembos

Notwithstanding my personal $5000 employee discount, why would I waste my time in a Subaru that is subpar on every single stat? Because it has AWD? I won't be driving it in the winter. I have a 4WD for that, so that doesn't matter to me.

Not to mention, this:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-j-d-...d/#3090967
I drive my stang in the winter... and with winter tires, it goes up more hills than many of the AWD SUVs equipped with all seasons.

and the only downside is that I have an open diff -- which sometimes requires the ol' parking brake to get out of deep snow, but that's about it.

And with heated seats, it's actually rather enjoyable in the winter.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!