Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remove the dash?
Hey all, I'm planning to vinyl wrap a few pieces of my dash tonight but having trouble searching for a how-to on this forum, fj and ff, any pointers? Thanks!
What year is your focus?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

2001, but i backed out of the project, might as well leave it original until i get real cf trim, but will need the instructions eventually Tongue
(10-22-2010, 05:00 AM)lay624 Wrote: Hey all, I'm planning to vinyl wrap a few pieces of my dash tonight but having trouble searching for a how-to on this forum, fj and ff, any pointers? Thanks!

it's 4 bolts that hold it into place, you have to remove all the weight, like the radio bezel, odo bezel, and take appart the steering colom and remove the wheel, and then take off the plastic trim between the front doors and dash, the bolts are right there, just make sure you have atleast someone else there to help you as the dash alone weighs 70lbs with the passenger airbag in the dash and all the wiring looms that are glued, and screwed into the back of it. I know all this because I took my dash out from my wreck. there is a how to video on the net from germany I think, it's the same process as here in north america.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Alright thanks!