Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purple Fog lights are in!
It was an absolute b*tch, but with the help of my awesome boyfriend, we managed to get my purple fog lights in! Need to replace my stock headlight bulbs with some super white ones, the yellow headlights look a little weird with the purple fogs.

[Image: 179688_500936283430_710748430_6040422_2343783_n.jpg]
[Image: 40754_446552998430_710748430_5189862_536...pycopy.jpg]

* 2010 SES * Ingot Silver * Automatic Transmission * FSWorks Cold Air Intake System * Tinted tail lights * Muteki Super Tuner Lug Nuts (Hot Pink) * NuStart 2-way Remote Starter
Those are sick!
Are they HIDs?
or just purple bulbs? what brand?

Glad to see your plate is back where it's supposed to be too!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I saw a car going down the road at night once with purple headlights, they were honestly really, REALLY nice.

I'm jealous!
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
SL8RZZX3 they are HID's, they are 25k and they are Xenon ones. They def look really sick!

* 2010 SES * Ingot Silver * Automatic Transmission * FSWorks Cold Air Intake System * Tinted tail lights * Muteki Super Tuner Lug Nuts (Hot Pink) * NuStart 2-way Remote Starter
Not my thing but more power to you. Just a heads up though, if a cop sees them he'll have grounds to pull you over.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
why would she get pulled over?
surprisingly, two cops have driven by me and they haven't even noticed or even bothered to pull me over lol

since they are in the foglight she will be fine. as long as they stay there. in the headlights they can get you for sure.

as you may know, there are cars that come factory with yellow foglights, not just old lol (95ish hyundai accent is one)
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
again, why would she get pulled over... if they were in her headlights?
Night shots would be great. Looks super!!!
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
(01-29-2011, 07:43 AM)Mystake Wrote: again, why would she get pulled over... if they were in her headlights?

because you are only allowed to have lights that shine white when against a police officers pants. HID's in the colour 6000k are legal, however 8000k and up, also 3000k are illegal.

" you are only allowed to have lights that shine white when against a police officers pants. HID's in the colour 6000k are legal, however 8000k and up, also 3000k are illegal " Where on earth did you get that info from?? So what your saying is if you get pulled over for lights that look to a police officer " illegal " they will stand in front of your car and look at their pants to see if they light up white?? What about stock halogens there not white so that means he will ticket you.? lol
(01-29-2011, 01:14 PM)GFXjamie Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 07:43 AM)Mystake Wrote: again, why would she get pulled over... if they were in her headlights?

because you are only allowed to have lights that shine white when against a police officers pants. HID's in the colour 6000k are legal, however 8000k and up, also 3000k are illegal.

Correct. The actual law in the highway traffic act is that lights facing FORWARD can only be white or amber. Facing rearward can only be amber, red or white.
Quote:Lamps required on all motor vehicles except motorcycles

62. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1)."

It doesn't say "pink" or "purple" or "blue", it says "white or amber". The law is the law and it's how the cop decides to interpret it. The same goes for neon strips, neon license plate frames, and LED windshield washer nozzles (got nailed for that one myself, no ticket but I had to either take them or keep them turned off.). Will it stick? Depends on the judge, certain municipalities love this subjective stuff. It costs you a day in court to fight it, most people just pay the ticket.

The only exceptions to these rules are the use of red and ble for emergency/snow removal vehicles. These uses are spelled out in the HTA as well.

PS: Look on the lamp label/packaging. If it says "For off-road use only" then that should be your clue right there. It's the manufacturer's way of saying "we're not responsible for your tickets".

So inform yourselves:
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statute....htm#BK118
(01-29-2011, 02:48 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: " you are only allowed to have lights that shine white when against a police officers pants. HID's in the colour 6000k are legal, however 8000k and up, also 3000k are illegal " Where on earth did you get that info from?? So what your saying is if you get pulled over for lights that look to a police officer " illegal " they will stand in front of your car and look at their pants to see if they light up white?? What about stock halogens there not white so that means he will ticket you.? lol

i work at a performance shop that happens to sell HID's and aftermarket bulbs and know what colors are legal, not only from customers experience, but from reading the packaging.

anywhere from 4000k-6000k is legal, that is factory colour to pure white pretty much. most PIAA bulbs are 4100k unless you go for the 3000k's. i always urge customers to get the 6000k bulbs for headlights so they wont come back and exchange them when they get pulled over.

as for them standing in front looking at their pants, in guelph, kitchener, waterloo and cambridge everyone who has been pulled over for questionable lighting has seen the officer to that to determine what is legal and what isnt. 6000k looks blue at the headlight however when it shines on a black surface it is white however.

Whatever if the law says this stuff then 50% of all cars would be off the road. if every cop took notice . Anyway who really cares if lights are all they have to worry about its pretty sad,
wow lol I didn't post a thread for you guys to argue lol

i wouldn't call this arguing, just debating.

which is good, because I didn't know any of this.
(01-30-2011, 02:08 AM)muttsnutts Wrote: Whatever if the law says this stuff then 50% of all cars would be off the road. if every cop took notice .
They won't take you off the road, they'll give you a ticket. I've been working on cars longer than many here have been sucking back air (31 years). Whether it's getting pulled over for legit tickets or for BS stops, I've been there. The BS ones included:
Excessive noise (Exhaust too loud)
Not wearing shoulderbelt (in a 1972 Torino that didn't even have one)
Headlight out
Tint too dark
Random safety lane check
Excessive noise (chirped on a paint strip at an intersection in the rain)
... and a warning for having blue LED windshield wiper nozzles....

Now none of these resulted in tickets that stuck, but they were sure inconvenient at the time.
Quote:Anyway who really cares if lights are all they have to worry about its pretty sad,
Traffic cops only are concerned with 2 things: blatant safety violations and cash generation.

(01-30-2011, 02:29 AM)amandina_xo Wrote: wow lol I didn't post a thread for you guys to argue lol
It's not an argument; I'm providing factual, non-debatable information. You can feel free to do whatever you like, but if I had a dollar for every bu-bu-bu blubbering fool on car forums crying that they got pulled over because they put _insert automobile-fad-of-the-day here_ on their car I would be able to pay for my new car cash.

I'm just giving you fair warning of what they "can" do. Sometimes they'll write you a violation and give you 48 hours to bring the car back fixed. Sometimes they won't bother. But it doesn't make it any less true.
90% of the time, they wont pull you over, however the time they do, its a big PITA as OAC_sparky pointed out. dealing with an officer, wasting your time and everything that goes a long with it, like a BS slap on the wrist ticket if your lucky.

ive been pulled over for a couple things in the past so i know how much of a PITA it is when they do pull you over. with my first exhaust i had a noise violation ticket, ive been pulled over for going through a yellow light FFS and ended up getting a invalid insurance slip ticket (expired a week prior). however none of the time i got a ticket for my lights which have always been 6000k and they have checked when doing these stops aswell.

just some food for thought. we arent going to sit here and preach what you should and shouldnt do, rather i would prefer to inform those who dont know which seems to be a majority in this thread. im not one to talk about illegal modifications as i run no cat, im to low, have a loud exhaust and likely more. at the end of the day its mostly how you drive. keep it low key and you wont get pulled, drive like a tool all the time and you will for sure

(01-30-2011, 04:01 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: just some food for thought. we arent going to sit here and preach what you should and shouldnt do, rather i would prefer to inform those who dont know

Precisely. Smile