Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Suspension
Hey guys, i have been reading a lot of information about suspension and differant spring/strut combo's. I have a 07 3 door which in stock form seems like it has as much wheel gap as my wife's escape (not ideal). I would like to lower it but a lot of people say that the stock struts cant handle lowering springs. Also i dont think an eibach pro kit will lower it as much as i like and the sportlines are not very firm from what i have read. Basically i am looking for your knowledge in this area. This application is for a daily driver, i want to loose the wheel gap and make it a bit tighter. Im not racing this so I dont need anything crazy.
Thanks guys
Where do you drive? Do you winter drive your car?

I think the Eibach Sportlines are supposed to be progressive...not sure tho.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I drive around southern ontario (kitchener area), and yes i drive it in the winter. Is there anything that is better then the sportlines that give it a similar drop? i know that the struts are differant for the 05-07 but are the springs the same?
Jamie will probably have some feedback on other types. I've only had experience with the Eibach.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(07-29-2011, 02:46 AM)_JET_ Wrote: I drive around southern ontario (kitchener area), and yes i drive it in the winter. Is there anything that is better then the sportlines that give it a similar drop? i know that the struts are differant for the 05-07 but are the springs the same?
Actually its the springs that are different ... and so the spring perches on the struts are also different.

You might actually be looking for the same Ford Racing suspension that Kev (Focus_man_focus) bought off me ... it's lower than the Eibach Pro-kit and much stiffer than the SVT suspension ... it's the FRPP dynamic suspension made by the same company that makes the Cobra GT500 suspension (Canadian company too)

Personally I found it too stiff ... and I also needed more suspension travel for the tracks that I race on, so I went back to the Pro-Kit.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I really appreciate the help guys, keep it coming.
I bought the frpp dynamic suspension for my 07 that Ken is saying is too stiff... Personally, I don't find it too stiff, although my internal are little more youthful! Awesome setup, and not super pricey.

*edit*

If you want pics of the 07 setup I can post some up for you... Also a couple before and after shots!
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Yes my FRPP suspension is very stiff. Great for the twistys but not so much for potholes.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Keep in mind of long and short term goals. If your looking for a good ride and 1.5-2" drop sportlines are nice when matched to the ky. Agx and set to softest setting. With this scenario you will need a shock body adapter from massive speed systems. I personally just removed that exact set up from my car and have it sold already. I am now running raceland coilovers, which I quite like. A nice ride but yet effective for cornering and I can set it from 3" drop to 1.4" drop. I have also run a prokit and the kw springs. Prokit is stock like and very soft, kw is oposite being super stiff meant for auto x mainly.

Hope this helps, if u want a ride in my 07 Im local to.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Thanks Jamie, i read another thread that you were talking about raceland coilovers and them not being too expensive and very good for the money. if you dont mind me asking how much are raceland coilovers, i googled it and couldnt find a focus application.
thanks
You have to get them from raceland uk, I have a contact in belgium that I can set you up with if you like the coils. I will say this, you will easily spend more on spring/shock combo depending what you buy.

Yea i wouldnt mind going for a ride in your car to see what they are like. I work in Guelph so maybe we can meet up during the week
Hey Muskoka, some before and after pictures would be great
shoot me a pm if interested in a ride

BEFORE

Passenger front:
[Image: 90368997.jpg]

Passenger rear:
[Image: 61e36303.jpg]

AFTER

Full shot:
[Image: beb42f02.jpg]
[Image: 46f3295d.jpg]

Passenger front:
[Image: 8d527172.jpg]

Passenger rear:
[Image: 83af28d2.jpg]
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Looks great. Now register with the town of Huntsville as an independant plow opperator. LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Yea that car looks good for sure! right now i am leaning towards raceland coilovers and i contacted Raceland US and they said they are bringing the kit to the US!
really? when i contacted them, i basically was told to piss up a rope and call EU.... ass holes.... same response to everyone US side as well!

sucks because i know of a raceland dealer locally that was going to hook a brotha up

Yea they told me that there was a lot of interest in the coilovers so they are go to bring some here and do some testing on them. He didnt tell me how long it would take before they started selling them here though.
i wouldnt hold my breathe.... when companies tell you that, it takes them a year to do anything LOL