Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Modding! *Updated with Pictures*
Hello Everyone,
I recently bought a 2008 Ford Focus SE. Right now it's 100% Stock... I'm looking to do some mods to it. Not really looking for much engine wise. Maybe just a new air filter, and some mild mods in the engine. But, I want to redo the inside as well as paint the car. Right now stock its Silver.. But I want to do it black. I live in Ajax, Ontario. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where I can get my car painted for a good price? tint the windows? Get a new system including speakers all around, deck, sub & amp. Also looking for new rims and tires.

Is there any good local stores, or Canadian WebSites to order after market parts? I want to change my grill out, the headlights/tail lights, etc.. Thanks in Advance!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-22-2012, 12:53 PM)ST1TCHx Wrote: Hello Everyone,
I recently bought a 2008 Ford Focus SE. Right now it's 100% Stock... I'm looking to do some mods to it. Not really looking for much engine wise. Maybe just a new air filter, and some mild mods in the engine. But, I want to redo the inside as well as paint the car. Right now stock its Silver.. But I want to do it black. I live in Ajax, Ontario. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where I can get my car painted for a good price? tint the windows? Get a new system including speakers all around, deck, sub & amp. Also looking for new rims and tires.

Is there any good local stores, or Canadian WebSites to order after market parts? I want to change my grill out, the headlights/tail lights, etc.. Thanks in Advance!!

There's a few members on here from the Whitby/Ajax area who could probably point you in the right direction for paint and tint etc.

In terms of parts and accessories the best way to stretch the budget is to get used to the idea of buying in the US. Even after a couple of years of the dollar being on par it is still outrageous the difference in prices between here and down south.

There's a few of us on here who purchase regularly in the US (for me it's almost exclusively US) and can help out with the basics of what to do and not to do ... and the more specifics of "where" will depend on the "what" ... so when you're ready to talk about a specific mod or accessory there won't be any shortage of opinion and advice to consider.

And finally there's always the Items For Sale forum and you should check that out for good deals from other members.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
i have only been on here a little while and have found all of the regular guys to be very helpfull. Used parts from the classified section is the best way to get a deal. Good luck hunting for your parts
Well you have a long expensive path ahead of you.

Listen to Ken if you want parts from the US, but if you want a place that you might get some help with. Go speak with 20hz and see what they can do for you.

Good luck.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I've added pictures to the first post of my stock car. Also, thank you everyone for the help and information!! Do you know who the local people are? Or.. well anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area that could suggest a good place to get my windows tinted? I have a friend who does custom interiors so I can get him to help me with changing the interior of the car.

Does anyone know of, or have any connections to get rims and tires? Also... How do I tell what my bolt pattern is? I know it's a 4 bolt pattern.. but how do I get the specific size? Thanks again everyone!
Your looking at one of the worlds rarest bolt paterns next to the Enzo and Smart Car lol

4X108

If you want rims talk to Ken aswell. (ZTWsqaured)

Tint, try Tint Masters
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

For wheels try Exclusive Wheel and Tire in Ajax on Westney Rd just north of Bayly, tell them Gord with the focus sent you

Tint... Go to FXauto in Whitby on Brock st. Best tint for the price

I had a good paint guy, but he's not local any more
Click the link in my signature for Classic Paint
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
anything related to install aftermarket 12volt stuff, i can do no problem.

my shop is near warden and eglinton, behind donway ford.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Quick Question, I want to change my Headlights and Taillights. But.. I really like the look of the darkend/tinted Lights. Am I better to get a darker headlight/taillight? To tint the ones I have now? If tint.. so I buy like.. the Light covers? Or.. the Tint to put on myself?

Where would be the best purchase for this? ZTW what are the good American Sites you use? I don't mind ordering from the U.S if that's what you guys suggest. Thanks in Advance everyone!!

Also.. I've decided on the colours I'm going to be doing my car! I'm going to be doing it in Black and a Dark Green! I'm so excited to start my project!!
Candy colours can be painted over your silver if it's in decent enough shape.
My body is in about 99.9% shape. No dents or real scratches. Just on my rear passenger side bumber, I have a bit of the silver paint chipped off... Before I bought the car, it was in a MINOR bumper accident. Someone nudged up against in. It's honestly.. VERY LITTLE "chipped" paint.

So, by Candy colours, you mean a dark green would be able to be painted over my silver?
[Image: bannerfx.jpg]
As far as tint i concerned , tail lights can be tinted with Nightshade can be bought at Canadian tire. Althought i hear the rustleum branded version is better but can;t seem to find it in Canada. You can go light tint to dark , and what you see at night is the same.

Headlights , honestly either take your apart and make the chrome to black , or find a set of nice aftermarket headlights , they run from anywhere between 150.00 to 400.00 , best places for that are Ebay , or the states. Ebay ones usually are a little lesser quality , than ones you can buy through retailers or online stores in the states. Tinting headlights does have some legal issues , in Ontario there can`t be any obstruction of light , so tinting is out , and covers would have to come off at night. So , best bet is find a set of aftermarket ones you like.

Wheels and tires are something to consider too , those alone can really bring your car to a new level.

We have fswerks, cfm, and massive for our focuses. They all sell real high quality parts.
I have a few Parts from Massive , very nice quality stuff

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Car Pictures! GFXjamie 40 13,883 01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS