Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Bumper
ok everyone, i got a new euro bumper yesterday and today im mocking everything up before i get it painted.

i would like to someone with some knowlegde on this. i already got my old bumper off and need to remove the crash foam. how can i take it off without destorying it.
'03 Focus SVT
the euro rear correct?

in the crash foam there should be two black pop rivots or what ever. The way your supposed to do it is drill into those and bam. The easiest way is to take a hammer or crow bar and just rip the dam thing off and huck it in the garbage. If your plan is to fit the stock crash foam behind the euro rear, GOOD LUCK!!! It can be done but its a pain in the ass cutting that foam and BLAH!! No point.. I didnt even use a crash foam. Most aftermarket kits require removal of it anyway.

Do you have a euro rebar is the most important. This is a must. Just ask a few of us members on here what happens. If you do then good. Only 2000 to 2002 focus the rebar well connect rigth up to stock bolts where on the 2003's you have to drill mounting holes.and make your own.

as for the front bumper the crash foam goes out as well. same procedure as rear. then because its a euro front you have to modify the front rebar witch is welded and is part of the frame of the car. what you have to do is take a angle grinder with a nice blade and cut away the corners so you can make room for the european signals..

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/thabrat/061404/DSCF0086.jpg'>[Image: DSCF0086.jpg]</a>
i got those rivets off, just moved the foam out a bit and used a hack saw blade.

right now im grinding the sides down, need to go to CT and get another disc.
'03 Focus SVT
Nice man. I cant wait to see it on. :D Get ready to see alot of sparks :D
already done one side, and started on the other when the angle grinder i was using broke. i wish i had a plasma cutter for this job.
'03 Focus SVT
The blade we used costed us about $70. Dam that thing cut so easy.. Make sure you file down all the edges where you cut it then paint the metal where you cut with rust proof paint so it dont rust on you..
nice, be sure to show some before and after pics!!
My other ride is your Mom
theres going to be lots of pics.
'03 Focus SVT
here it is, its not painted yet but looks pretty good.

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/Havoc7476/RS%20Bumper/RSBumper007.jpg'>[Image: RSBumper007.jpg]

'03 Focus SVT
thats awsome man. me and you can both rep the rs bumper lol. I actually like yours better then mine.... i am actually thinking about buying a different front to..
tyler if you don't lower that car by the next time you post a picture i swear to god I will...... :angry: do something that represents my anger ...lol j/k that looks sweet but still lower ur damn car
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Ya. It needs to be lowered next I think. Those are 17's right? If you want to ridden that big gap might I reccomend Tein spring :D 2.5 drop. Me and Jarrod both have the Sprint 2&quot; drop and they drive amazing. Specially on Sask roads..
Definitely definitley lower it, at least a bit. The Eibach prokit is awesome for the fact that being a daily driver, you won't have to worry about driveways, speed bumps, dips in the road, underground parking, etc. Plus with a prokit (1.5&quot; drop) you also don't need to worry about a camber adjustment kit.

Does that 'RS' bumper come with some 'mesh' to cover up that area (big hole thing) in the front bumper so you won't see the rad, etc... just curious. That is amazing Tyler.... can't wait to see the final product!!! :)
ill have it lowered in the spring, still don't know what set up i want to use. im thinking coilovers then i'll have some adjustable.
'03 Focus SVT
lookin good!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
FocusGuy
NICE front end Sweetness!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
hey man... quick question... i was wondering how much lower does the front bumper end in relation to the sides of the car.... does it look like it needs sideskirts?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Sep 16 2004, 08:25 PM Wrote:hey man... quick question... i was wondering how much lower does the front bumper end in relation to the sides of the car.... does it look like it needs sideskirts?
im not sure, i didn't check.
'03 Focus SVT