Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Install Started...
hardk0re,Mar 14 2005, 10:42 PM Wrote:While the noise is cool, i'm all in for not letting the whole world know i've got a turbo under the hood...
[right][snapback]93638[/snapback][/right]

lol i think your led foot will do the talking as to weather you have a turbo or not hahaha

vent the BOV!!! :) siiiick

BTW i heard the fittings were a bitch to find....where did you end up getting them? :ph34r: :)

sweet setup finally coming along well.....can't wait to see it on the road!
Focused,Mar 15 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:BTW i heard the fittings were a bitch to find....where did you end up getting them? :ph34r:  :)

You busted your butt to find the fittings for the T25..thanks! So should anybody need need them give Anthony a call.
hardk0re,Mar 14 2005, 10:42 PM Wrote:While the noise is cool, i'm all in for not letting the whole world know i've got a turbo under the hood...

i stand in the same position.. only thing that could give it up would be the drop and the exhaust in terms of whats visible.. if i can minize the noise, id be happy.. might get a extra resonator for the borla but i'm not in the mood to spend more ;)
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Mar 15 2005, 12:26 PM Wrote:

i stand in the same position.. only thing that could give it up would be the drop and the exhaust in terms of whats visible.. if i can minize the noise, id be happy.. might get a extra resonator for the borla but i'm not in the mood to spend more ;)
[right][snapback]93745[/snapback][/right]

Wait till you get the resonator. I have the same setup as you, I'll let you know then if its noisy. I heard the turbo shold muffle out the sound quit a bit.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
yeah thats why im waiting.. it should be quieter
ZX3T gone..
Update Progress is slow, everything you think will fit without a hitch never ever ever does....GARRRR!!

Another pair of hands would have been so nice! I am feeling muscles I never knew I had by spending too much time inder my car in some odd contorted positions.....

But at least the intercooler is finally mounted.
[Image: turbo_6.jpg]
Nice man!! Keep us posted.
Sweet, that intercooler looks mean!

Wow this is wanting me to install my turbo even more and more. Too bad I still need a whack of cash and parts. Oh well I'm sure I'll have it up and running by May/June, just in time for summer. Next thing I know it will be suspension, tranny, bottom end yadda yadda yadda

By the way nice job its coming along quite well :)
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Update

car is at the shop for 2 days..they're making the down pipe..

COPY / PASTE the links

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...d8/f4cc6774.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...6b/f4cc6780.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...dc/f4cc6786.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...ad/f4cc6789.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...4a/f4cc6795.jpg

Last one is how close it is..

I'll take some pictures of the downpipe once i get it
ZX3T gone..
BerinG, your image do not work, put links instead
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Lookin good. Were going to have very similar setups, It looks like your clocked and everything almost exactly the same as mine...i'm very intersted to see what kind of numbers we both run...

What are you doing about the oil separator? Its going to need to be modified or another one made ot fit correctly...

Also if you've got shorty style headers (not stock) double check your adapter plate fits, mine caused me all sorts of grief I couldn't figure out why nothing seemed to fit until I saw that one of the exhaust tubes comes down allot lower and closer than the stock header and my plate was not allowing it to fit...it would have been real easy to double check that while nothing was installed on the car but I didn't think anything of it...well until it was too late :)

thanks, yeah im sure both setups will be pretty similar..

no i am acutally using that stock manifold, i won't be using any shorty header..

yeah i have no idea about the oil separator yet.. i noticed this this week-end really and still not sure about it.. the valve cover just as a breather right now and will probably keep it there.. not allot of oil coming out.. probably more later but i can fix a catch can or something..

i dont know about the rest though, what did you end up doing?
ZX3T gone..
Berin, your pics arent working.

Use photobucket.com bastard.

I wanna see! I wanna see!!

:lol:
Heres BerinG's photos for everyone. BerinG, I hope you dont mind...

[Image: f4cc6774.jpg]
[Image: f4cc6780.jpg]
[Image: f4cc6786.jpg]
[Image: f4cc6789.jpg]
[Image: f4cc6795.jpg]
thanks hardcore.. I got your PM, ill use it next time B)

car is getting a downpipe done right now.. guy just called and discharge flange already has a 2.25" hole in it, so ill be getting a 2.25" downpipe instead of 2.5" as expected.. might be better for fitment too as its frigging close to the A/C and rad etc..

what are you other guys doing for the oil separator
ZX3T gone..
Im not sure, Jay will tell me, haha
I hate it when people keep s**t secret, were all here to support each other :P

Anyway heres my oil separator solution, of course my car hasn't fired up yet so we dont' know if it works well ;)

Click the link

Yeah the AC lines, a hammer fixes them its only aluminum and you can get another 1/2" clearance there...I needed it....I may even remove the whole AC system..not sure yet...
I swear Im not hiding s**t...haha.

Its one of those things in which I was expecting. Little things I did not look up, and expect Jay to know what hes doing. :lol:

I dont have AC, pretty happy about that now!
i might even just remove the a/c.. stopped working last fall anyway.. ;) i think i just need to have some fryon put in..

that'll be another concern at another time :P

JAY: how did you do it in your old setup?
ZX3T gone..