Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Taillight Bulb Sockets?
I finally got my euro tails in from Germany!

So now i need euro bulb sockets! Where can i get these?

I'm just looking to switch over and keep the back-up lights in the tails......... for now ;)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/prod...&products_id=74
Voytek had them listed on his site.. so Mitch (ZX3tuning) might have some left over. Or at least he'd be able to get some in and you wouldnt have to pay duty and shipping from Germany again.
werid. jarrod got his euro tails and he didnt have to change anything. he got his working with all stock parts..
You could always break out the dremel and make you stock bulb holders fit.
S2 Steeda,Sep 10 2004, 10:07 PM Wrote:http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/prod...&products_id=74
i really wish people would stop suggesting Sascha as an option.
his prices are low because he doesn't list shipping nor are things like duties, customs and broakerage factored into the price.
plus i keep hearing stories about how when people get their stuff, it broken and/or missing parts, then they get the run around from him...
guilty,Sep 10 2004, 10:08 PM Wrote:Voytek had them listed on his site.. so Mitch (ZX3tuning) might have some left over. Or at least he'd be able to get some in and you wouldnt have to pay duty and shipping from Germany again.
i have a small bag of varrious bulb holders/sockets but i really don't know which would fit, perhaps i could borrow peters car to check....
Hey Mitch, it was just a link to a website that I know does stock them. Also, it's common knowledge for people that have purchased anything across a border that there will be brokerage fees and duty costs involved.

Anyway, of course if someone in Canada has them, you will avoid those things like brokerage, duty, etc. I emailed Sascha a few times now, always got a shipping quote if I asked for it.

Either way, I would get stuff though you in a second before anyone else for the fact that I have heard nothing but good things about you as well as mentioned above, the 'fees' don't apply in your case.
I had to rewire my reverse lights sockets and brake/turn signal sockets for my European tails. It's a totally different bulb and socket altogether. I'm sure you could ghetto rig up the stock north american sockets for the time being, but condensation could eventually be a problem.
ZX3TUNING,Sep 10 2004, 09:17 PM Wrote:
guilty,Sep 10 2004, 10:08 PM Wrote:Voytek had them listed on his site.. so Mitch (ZX3tuning) might have some left over.  Or at least he'd be able to get some in and you wouldnt have to pay duty and shipping from Germany again.
i have a small bag of varrious bulb holders/sockets but i really don't know which would fit, perhaps i could borrow peters car to check....
That would be awsome if you have them! i can send you pics if you need.......

also if possible i need at least 2 of them to be sockets for 1157 bulbs, so that i can keep it NA set up

and the duty/shipping wasn't that bad! it was only $40 bucks!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting