Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Back Levers
So the levers to allow people in and out of the back snapped off and I understand that i have replace the entire assembly. I'm basically looking for suggestions on what to do... new seats, svt seats, corbeau, blah blah blah. The service manager at the dealer said he can't do anything cheap (i.e. less than replacing the assembly brand new at mucho dinero). I'm in the Toronto area so any help would be appreciated.
Sold, or I should say, Traded in!

2006 Arctic Mazda3 GT GFX 5MT
2004 Kenworth T300 Roll-off, chromed out w/ polished aluminum wheels, full wood-trim dash, 6.5" stack ... (coming soon) 30% tint

Hopefully next year - 2006 Kenworth T800 Tri-axle dump
T.O. Focus,Apr 4 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:So the levers  to allow people in and out of the back snapped off and I understand that i have replace the entire assembly. I'm basically looking for suggestions on what to do... new seats, svt seats, corbeau, blah blah blah. The service manager at the dealer said he can't do anything cheap (i.e. less than replacing the assembly brand new at mucho dinero). I'm in the Toronto area so any help would be appreciated.
[right][snapback]98840[/snapback][/right]

no warrAnty? that shouldnt just snap off
..should it :huh:
They actually snap off pretty easy, as they're just plastic. I had the one snap off on the drivers side seat, i was thinkin of trying to crazy glue it back on but the weather hasn't been great, but when its nice i'm gonna give it a try.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Heh yea man that happened to me this winter too.

Im thinking about crazy gluein it back on too.... i wonder what type we should use... on mine the actual peice of metal snapped the one connecting the lever to the seat... so maybe some type of crazy glue for metal... well if i do it successfully (or not) ill let ya know of my outcome.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - 4 * 6x8 Pioneer 3Way Speakers, 1 * Kenwood 10 pounder, 1 * R.F 200 Watt AMP, Panasonic 783U Deck, Steeda.ca Short Shifter, Pedals, CAI. Soon to come magnaflow exaust, throttle body, SCT Chip with Steeda Tune, 1 X R.F 1200 Watt 4 channel amp.
where exactly did it snap off? did it take some of the metal off with it?

this happened to me while doing some spirted driving and a friend who was being a retard.
'03 Focus SVT
It's not just plastic that snaps off boys, it's the little metal that comes with it... that's part of a 14" tilt assembly.. can't just change the one part, you have to swap the whole thing out... I've done both drivers and passenger side.. couple hundred bucks a piece unless you can convince ford to do it under warranty as I did...

As for suggestions, talk to Malby about Tom Motorsports seats... you'll need Corbeau brackets, but the seats are good and cheap, and look nice :)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I had two replaced at different times under warranty without problem.
:)
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
I got My Tom Motorsport seats and the Corbeau Brackets for Just under $650. I just finished putting them in tonight. I'll go take pictures now!
I've had that part replaced under warranty 3 times now. :o :lol:

Im not kidding.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
[Image: 197.jpg]

[Image: 201.jpg]

[Image: 199.jpg]

[Image: 198.jpg]
My passenger seat on broke off for the second time this winter. I just don't know if its worth replacing again.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
It's definitely the metal that broke. See the problem with the warranty issue is that I bought the car 2nd hand and got extended warranty coverage being the car is a 2000. The assembly is not covered from my understanding anymore. Also, the service guy at Meadowvale said he couldn't do anything for me, not even cause I bought the car from there, because I don't get my car serviced there on a regular basis (I don't think I ever wanted to smack someone more). But that's a whole other discussion topic.

Anyhoo, what about used, as I'm thinking of getting rid of this thing in about a year possibly? Is FocusSalvage.com in Canada or the States? Or should I just go new? ie. Tom's They look sweet btw!!! I only worry about selling the vehicle with such a visible modification down the road. I mean, it's not like I could put the broken ones back in. :)

Thanks for the help.
Sold, or I should say, Traded in!

2006 Arctic Mazda3 GT GFX 5MT
2004 Kenworth T300 Roll-off, chromed out w/ polished aluminum wheels, full wood-trim dash, 6.5" stack ... (coming soon) 30% tint

Hopefully next year - 2006 Kenworth T800 Tri-axle dump
Mine got busted about a year ago. Never fixed it either.
I wonder if it could be welded back together?

That is piss a poor design if so many are breaking and it is so difficult to replace.
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.