Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Intake?
Which Air Intake is good affordable?? The complete kit!
Turbo arrived!
Bomz man.

Order one up on ebay for like $60.00. Its a full cold air intake, all you have to do is replace the shitty and tiny air filter on it with a K&N cone or whatever ($45.00)and your set.

Others are going to hop in and say bomz is s**t, get AEM. :rolleyes:

AEM's BREAK TO :blink: :o

I had the bomz on my car for 3 years (and counting) and nothing broke. Worked as designed. B)

If you can spend a little extra money, then def go for a Volant Air intake.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The best bang for the buck is to buy a K&N cone filter and stick it onto the end of the mass airflow sensor.
Bomz is a good air intake? I just need to replace the filter with something else?
Turbo arrived!
The Bomz piping is basically just a copy of the AEM.. comes with a cheap generic filter though, replace that with a K&N and then you've got a decent intake. I think you can also add the AEM bypass valve on those intakes too..

guilty,Apr 19 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:The Bomz piping is basically just a copy of the AEM.. comes with a cheap generic filter though, replace that with a K&N and then you've got a decent intake.  I think you can also add the AEM bypass valve on those intakes too..
[right][snapback]102733[/snapback][/right]

So, what your guys are saying is just buy a Bomz from ebay and change the filter! I can to do that! :D

Thx Guys,
Turbo arrived!
MAlby7,Apr 19 2005, 04:32 PM Wrote:The best bang for the buck is to buy a K&N cone filter and stick it onto the end of the mass airflow sensor.
[right][snapback]102727[/snapback][/right]

I'll second that!

K+N part number - RE-0930 :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I always liked the Volant myself....
focusonthis_88,Apr 19 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:
guilty,Apr 19 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:The Bomz piping is basically just a copy of the AEM.. comes with a cheap generic filter though, replace that with a K&N and then you've got a decent intake.  I think you can also add the AEM bypass valve on those intakes too..

So, what your guys are saying is just buy a Bomz from ebay and change the filter! I can to do that! :D

Thx Guys,
[right][snapback]102734[/snapback][/right]

Yes, But you'll probably have to special order the cone filter from K&N (Canadian tire should be able to do this). Make sure you get a 2.5" cone. The 3" cones you buy at CT will not fit without some modifications.

Quote:I always liked the Volant myself....

Yep, I always liked the design of that intake.
Flofocus,Apr 20 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Apr 19 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:

Thx Guys,
[right][snapback]102734[/snapback][/right]

Yes, But you'll probably have to special order the cone filter from K&N (Canadian tire should be able to do this). Make sure you get a 2.5" cone. The 3" cones you buy at CT will not fit without some modifications.

Quote:I always liked the Volant myself....

Yep, I always liked the design of that intake.
[right][snapback]102928[/snapback][/right]

Well, Im going to buy it next week on Ebay...so when im going to install it i'll post some pics.
Turbo arrived!
Uh, I lost track of who said what... but a 2.5" inlet cone WILL NOT FIT, PERIOD. Unless for some retarded reason the MAF inlet diameter is smaller for the Zetec than it is for the SPI... and that's highly unlikely. Heck, getting the 3" K+N on took some "convincing", but if you've ever mounted your own bicycle tires/tubes, you're set.

I'd say 3 1/8" inlet would be ideal for fitting over the MAF inlet, actually. I'm in no rush to go out and attempt this, however :) The K+N 3" cone RE-0930 fits fine. :D

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
:lol:

Adam, were talking about a full cold air intake. The piping diameter is 2.5 ". He will need a cone filter with a 2.5 " openeing for it to fit properly. ;)

Hes not keeping any stock stuff here for intake, hes changing everything.
yeah the maf housing is gone.. hes gonna mount it on the CAI im guessing.. so 2.5" everywhere
ZX3T gone..
Flofocus,Apr 20 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote::lol:

Adam, were talking about a full cold air intake.  The piping diameter is 2.5 ".  He will need a cone filter with a 2.5 " openeing for it to fit properly.  ;)

Hes not keeping any stock stuff here for intake, hes changing everything.
[right][snapback]102961[/snapback][/right]

Im changing everything
Turbo arrived!
*cries*

EVERYONE HATES ME!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to take an early lunch!

NOS2Go4Me,Apr 20 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:*cries*

[right][snapback]102982[/snapback][/right]

lol this I gotta see...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 20 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:*cries*

[right][snapback]102982[/snapback][/right]

No one hates you, you just gotta read the posts mang!! :P :lol:

Dont want to be confusing the newbs :huh:
I've got an AEM CAI. NO problems I love the vacuum sound it gives off when you hit the gas real hard and then let off.
I'm with j3rt, I just got the Volant intake and it is the best I have had yet. :)
Will some one tell me the difference?

I just need to no the difference they look the same but one has more piping...i am doing the kN filter thing too but i trying to finger out which bomz set up to purchase..who wants to help me...or show me which one i should get?