Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Foci Video
2001 Ford Focus,

MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust
Ford Racing Header
RT Cat

Damn is it loud, the video doesn't give it justice

(Thanks to "hardk0re" for hosting for me)

http://fordfocus.kicks-ass.net/marc/uploads/Ford_Focus/

Go to Focus Video.wmv
Sounds like a fart cannon. Glad your not my neighbour.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
It's not enough that the car is ugly but it sounds ugly too :P LOL Sorry bro, it's the truth.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Well thannkyou for that dose of reality..... I think its way too loud as well. I've really started to think that I've gone too far with the modding on the car. Is there a way to tone down the high piched sound without scrapping the whole exhaust setup.
I'd say it was appropriate if it had another 50-60 HP, and all I have to say in the interim is WHERE'S THE INTAKE? :huh:

No offense, but I was genuinely disappointed for the "incoming" action shots... no intake, nothing.

Give it a build-up and keep the exhaust as-is, or tone it down a tad... keep the cat and go back to the stock manifold?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I kinda like the sound....probably a little loud if you come home at 3 am or something, but hey who cares about neighbors they are all assholes anyway...at least mine are...

What kind of intake do you have?
I like it as well. :o

Everything was good on the first part of the video, then, I saw problems

1. Sedan
2. Altezza's
3. Automatic

But, the exhaust sounds good. :)
Allow me to provide a humourous counterpoint:

1 - you drive a boat of a sedan. Point stricken.

2 - Altezzas suit the styling of the car, which is borderline Manga-inspired. I'm not personally much on Altezzas, so point stands.

3 - Automatics power the fastest drag cars on the planet, and shift faster than a human with a stick ever will. It's been proven time and time again in every major car mag ever made. A drag-level auto will eviscerate a manually-driven car when both are driven at their limits. Point stricken.

2 out of 3 points shot down. You hardly have a leg to stand on :P

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
It's funny that you bring up my car to "prove" your point about Automatics..lol

The auto in my car is slightly different then the auto in a Focus. Reason being it's designed for PERFORMANCE rather then good gas mileage when buying grocery's.

Just like all the fast auto cars like you say, they are not stock ghetto tranny's from a auto Focus.

I know an auto can be fast, however, a stock auto tranny in a Focus is not fast.

And I will race you in the boat anytime..lol..I'll even keep traction control and performance shift off so as not to humiliate you too much! ;)

It doesn't really matter to me what people think about my car, I use it to go buy parts for my other car, and to go buy groceries with it. :o For that purpose, it's perfect.
It's not actually designed for performance, it's designed for comfort with the "feel" of performance. The car weighs well in excess of 3000 lbs., so it's a tad hard to consider that a "sporty" car with a "performance" transmission off the factory floor. I've driven many Grand Prixs, S/C and not. They "feel" quick, but they're no quicker than a Honda Accord or anything else of that ilk. They post big crank numbers, but they're sapped by the drivetrain as are all autos, as well as LOADS of creature comforts. Power windows, seats, mirrors, heated seats, etc etc all add weight as you can imagine.

Actually, the auto in a Focus isn't that bad. It's easily adjusted by either a SCT tune, or with a custom device that fits anywhere in the cockpit and tunes shifts with a dial.

I never said a stock Focus auto tranny was fast, but it's improved quite easily for cheap and I'm willing to wager it shifts faster than your "performance mode". Perhaps you should alter your shift firmness in your ECU as well :)

As for the race, I know I'm slow. You're only challenging me because you know that 220HP or so beats ~115HP any day of the week. If I ever get up to 150-160 BHP, we'll give it a go :) I get groceries in mine, too... but I bet I'm a tad quicker through the twisties :D

For an easy-on-gas car that handles well enough on 2-lanes, the Focus has just about everything else beat.

EDIT - once again I'm the "4-door Defender", and I'm done.

This thread is about laidmans exhaust.

Not which one of your trannies shift faster/feel better/Get groceris....etc.

Feel free to start a new thread if you guys want to continue. B)

Back on topic.

I like the sound. yeah its loud, but this is why we do this, no? :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
laidman, i love the sound...it's loud yea, but i'm one that likes it, keep it that way, and if you have idiot neighbours, go in your driveway at 2am, and rev the s**t outa the car lol :P
Flofocus,May 9 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:Back on topic.

I like the sound.  yeah its loud, but this is why we do this, no? :lol:
[right][snapback]107305[/snapback][/right]

I thought 'we' did this to expell gasses from our vehicles... :unsure:

I guess I've had it all wrong...

by the way....you as a mod = worse than Dan... (there I said it)
microbunny,May 9 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]107309[/snapback][/right]

Stay on topic biatch. PS, lick my nuts.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,May 9 2005, 12:40 PM Wrote:
microbunny,May 9 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]107309[/snapback][/right]

Stay on topic biatch. PS, lick my nuts.
[right][snapback]107314[/snapback][/right]

<_<

whatever..

nice video dood...

:rolleyes: <_< <_< <_< <_<
Well, thankyou for all of your comments, good or bad. I just wanted to show off the sound with those mods, (yes I do have an intake, AEM CAI). As the video shows, the first sound bite was just before I installed the Hiflo Cat. The second is after the install when I was annoying the hell out of the city.

Reguardless as to how loud it actually was, it doesn't matter now. I got into an accident this afternoon, smashed the front end good. Dammage- Front Bumper, Hood, left quarter panel, windshield(fuking airbags), very good chance that the intake was damaged as well. I now have a minor abbrasions and burns on my left forearm, and thats about it. I'll post picks when I can get into the towing coompanys yard tomorrow.
Holy s**t that sucks dude. I liked the sound of your exhaust. How'd the accident happen?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,May 9 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:Holy s**t that sucks dude. I liked the sound of your exhaust. How'd the accident happen?
[right][snapback]107732[/snapback][/right]

Well, I was driving through an intersection just as the light went yellow, there was a guy waiting to turn left coming the other way, I guess thought I was going to stop, and went through......yeah, right through my car, front left corner. I was going about 60ish. Long story short, the car is fuked up right now.
that is dam brutal, at least we got to hear the car, cuase i love the sound, listened to it about 30 times now :unsure: , but shitty to hear about it, hope your doing better soon, and things get straightened out with the car
laidman,May 9 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:
Phantom,May 9 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:Holy s**t that sucks dude. I liked the sound of your exhaust. How'd the accident happen?
[right][snapback]107732[/snapback][/right]

Well, I was driving through an intersection just as the light went yellow, there was a guy waiting to turn left coming the other way, I guess thought I was going to stop, and went through......yeah, right through my car, front left corner. I was going about 60ish. Long story short, the car is fuked up right now.
[right][snapback]107739[/snapback][/right]
Yah I hate those types of accidents. Still his fault. Almost was in the same situation myself. Cept I just pinned it and swevered and gave the finger at the same time.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi