Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coloured Window Tint

What do you think, Yay or Nay?
Dan
Not a big fan myself, prefer the classic black look.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
depends on what colour, i saw a yellow type r wiht yellow tint and white rims and i thought it was sexy...also a white jetta with light blue and it looked alright...

i personally think it would be annoying always looking throught the window tho..
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Dan (T-DOT) had yellow on his yellow focus. It looked awesome. Check with your laws and regulations before you do it. B)
Kelowna...obviously you are in B.C. so I'm not exactly sure on street regulations in your province but, for all the Ontario boys and girls....

Color-tint, mirror tint, chrome tint, and the sort are all illegal in the province of Ontario. I cannot speak for other provinces but, we do not do any of these styles of tint due to regulations by the MTO, at our shop.

Despite what ya'll might think, it is not allowed and yes alot of people have these styles of tint and may not get pulled over...ever...but any reputable shop, that is licenced by the MTO will not do these styles, in this province.

That being said, 9-times-outta-10, you will not get a hassle or pulled over but, you run a risk, and some fines I have seen are right up there with 35-45+km/h speeding tickets, and YESS you can get demerrit points added depending on the situation, and your car can be pulled off the road and towed at YOUR expense..

sorry to be the voice of reason...it scares me too.. but I saw a really nice modded Acura get towed 2 weeks ago for having mirrored tint..(okay, the tint was ugly but, it does happen)

Anyone looking for more info regarding automotive tint and regulations in the Province of Ontario can contact me and I'd be happy to provide proper paperwork for them!
I'd go without it and stay with a nice dark black tint.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
microbunny,May 22 2005, 07:55 AM Wrote:Kelowna...obviously you are in B.C. so I'm not exactly sure on street regulations in your province but, for all the Ontario boys and girls....

Color-tint, mirror tint, chrome tint, and the sort are all illegal in the province of Ontario. I cannot speak for other provinces but, we do not do any of these styles of tint due to regulations by the MTO, at our shop.

Despite what ya'll might think, it is not allowed and yes alot of people have these styles of tint and may not get pulled over...ever...but any reputable shop, that is licenced by the MTO will not do these styles, in this province.

That being said, 9-times-outta-10, you will not get a hassle or pulled over but, you run a risk, and some fines I have seen are right up there with 35-45+km/h speeding tickets, and YESS you can get demerrit points added depending on the situation, and your car can be pulled off the road and towed at YOUR expense..

sorry to be the voice of reason...it scares me too.. but I saw a really nice modded Acura get towed 2 weeks ago for having mirrored tint..(okay, the tint was ugly but, it does happen)

Anyone looking for more info regarding automotive tint and regulations in the Province of Ontario can contact me and I'd be happy to provide proper paperwork for them!
[right][snapback]110322[/snapback][/right]

Jus to add

I was in court as a witness to a car accident....anyways, one of the cases before me was some lady being charged for an accident. The crown was using her tint-job against her as an 'obstruction of her view' .. :rolleyes: :o

I was asked to remove mine (to dark) and come back in 24 hours to show them it was done, thats when I was 17. I think the tint job wasnt even 6 months old ... :angry:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I think yellow tint on your car would look good.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
there is tint on the mazda rx8 and the rx6 the is like a shiny yellow or blue and it graduates into a limo back tint i think it looks really good but i am really not sure how it would look on other cars
NAY!
I got the tint guys to write me a thing saying it was factory.

It worked. :P :lol:
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I had my car tinted super dark when I first got it, and I loved it.

But I've totally moved away from tint altogether, I took mine off last year and I'm loving the clean look again.

History repeats itself, even in the car scene. Whats old is eventually new again.

Lightly tinted or no tint at all = extra clean.
i would stick with the dark black tint. it looks classic
Life's good... Hockey's better

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  window tint place in K-W region patrick23 2 1,967 04-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  Fine Scratches In Window Tint? darkpuppet 23 7,220 11-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet
  Window Tint ZTS_DJ 27 8,325 06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Last Post: hyprlte