Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog Mod But Keep Drl ?
guilty,Nov 3 2004, 05:03 PM Wrote:
Kalos,Nov 3 2004, 10:25 AM Wrote:I disagree. If there is any use for the Focus fogs at all it is to illuminate to the side in high-speed freeway running.
You put your highbeams on when you're highway driving, you want to see far down the road. Foglights light up the ground and the immediate area in front of you..
All you need to do is aim your foglight so that they light a similar area to the low beams, that way with high beams you get full light coverage and its past the 10 ft. of road in front of the car that the original fogs lit up.

I'm still wondering if anyone know to wire the relays so that park lights funtion as DRL's?
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
as for using the park lights as DRL's. i already stated that since HID equipt cars such as the mach and hella headlights use a small 5 watt lightbulb as park lights, it wont do much, but if a car with the stock grille blinkers, yeah you could use the park lights as drls. I only stated this because I always think about backward compatibleness which this mod will only apply to people with stock NA grille, so this wont be wise for others. and yes the DRL resistor would cause the fogs to not run at full intensity, but since the fogs are low wattage, the naked eye wont be able to tell the difference in them on as DRL's or on full power.
My other ride is your Mom
thenorm,Nov 3 2004, 02:56 PM Wrote:I'm still wondering if anyone know to wire the relays so that park lights funtion as DRL's?
It should be fairly simple. Basically all you need to do is follow paolo's DRL fog light mod, but instead of plugging the wire from the foglight relay into the jumper on DRL relay, you'd run the wires from the grill back to the fusebox and plug them into the jumper in the same way.

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% positive this will work, and I really dont know if it's safe. You are responsible for any damages incurred while modifying your electrical system, so do so at your own risk. There's a possibility you'll blow a fuse or a bulb.. and I dont know about any other problems.
thanks, i was hoping someone would have done this already so that i would be the first to risk frying my wiring.

I'll let you guys know how it works
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale