Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help! Cf Hood Install......?
For some reason i can't get the hood latch to lock into the second lock of the hood lock........?

any help or pointers?

pics will follow as soon as i can get it to fit..........
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I had that happen but it had to do with my hood release cable and I had to get it replaced. I highly doubt that is your problem though since obviously it just worked before you took the stock hood off and it's way to coincidental for it to happen.

Make sure there is no crud in the locking mechanism as well, make sure you back down the bump stops (rubber bumpers) in the engine bay that the hood rests on as maybe the design of the CF hood is slightly different (support structure) that the rubber bumps sit on. Just a thought.......
Yeah it was the rubber bumps on the frame :angry:

and i still have to slam it shut :angry: But it closes and thats what counts :D

picks will come when i get my hands on a camera
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
You should be able to raise / lower those by turning them clockwise / counterclockwise like the trunk / hatch bumpers, Gord.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Right on, looking forward to the pics!!! Which CF hood do you have?
:postpics:
ANTHONYD,Jul 4 2005, 04:13 PM Wrote::postpics:
[right][snapback]119230[/snapback][/right]

I know I know, but my camera is on vacation with my folks, but i swear i'll get pics soon! even if i have to go get a disposable ( they make disposable digitals don't they?)

Oh and it's the VIS CF invader hood :lol: :lol: :lol:
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 4 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:You should be able to raise / lower those by turning them clockwise / counterclockwise like the trunk / hatch bumpers, Gord.
[right][snapback]119221[/snapback][/right]

i had 'em all the way down and it still wouldn't close :angry:

so now they're out! :D
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
just notch a hole in the hood so it clears the bump stops ;)
Below Average Car Club
open up the hood and look at how the latch is dropping into the catch. if the latch is shifted to one side, check the alignment of the hood. if the hood is even on all sides, put the hood up, remove the grill and rad cover, get a 8mm wrench in there and loosen off the catch bolts and shift it in the direction of the latch arm. sung down and lower the hood and check spaces. if you still need to move the catch over more, unbolt it completely and file the holes to an oval shape, replace the catch and retest. this is common with most aftermarket hoods even OEM replacement metal hoods, they all need to be fit propperly as each one is slightly different.
and please, put the rubber bumpers back in or the catch will eventually break from the hood fluttering at speed.

good luck and post pics!