Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frost's 2002 Facelift Bumper Project
First off I want to say thanks to mitch for the part(s) I ordered from him, I have not put the bumper on the car as of yet, because it's going to the paint shop in 8 days to be painted, but I painted it with crappy tire paint so you get the idea. I also played around with the camera, and some of my parts I have all over the place, so enjoy people.

My Busted up Xenon Lip that used to be on the front of the car.

[Image: 000_0131.jpg]

Parts spralled out for you to see. ( fog lights coming soon )

[Image: 000_0130.jpg]

Bumper put together ( loosely )

[Image: 000_0126.jpg]

British " 03 " registered Plate ( from a wreaked Silver foci in the UK )

[Image: 000_0127.jpg]

So you get the general Idea of what it will look like when it's done, and the correct colour.

[Image: 000_0128.jpg]

Updated Interior Project shots.

Before Shot

[Image: Interor.jpg]

After

[Image: InteriorAfter2.jpg]
[Image: Interiorafter1.jpg]
[Image: 000_0124.jpg]
[Image: 000_0122.jpg]
[Image: 000_0123.jpg]

New Windshield banner

[Image: 000_0132.jpg]

Euro / American tails and Limited Edition Badging

[Image: 100_0388.jpg]
[Image: 100_0384.jpg]
[Image: 000_0133.jpg]
[Image: 000_0136.jpg]
[Image: 000_0134.jpg]

And I know I should have washed the car to take these, but it's going to rain tomorrow. So unless the weather is not going to be clear for more then 24 hours I'm not going to wash my car.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
awesome. i always wanted a 02 facelift bumper? you planning on putting on a lip or anything?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
:lol:

Yeah, I plan on adding the Xenon lip to the front end, but not that one in the photos, it's toast thanks to my sister. I have another spare one in the garage in the box still, unpainted, but it needs to be custom fitted to the bumper since the Facelift bumper is like 2" shorter in the bottom, but then again all the Euro bumpers are a bit shorter.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
looks good, can't wait to see it on the car now!
I like it, especially cause I've never seen that lip on a euro bumper. It makes your car 'rare'.....

Can't wait to see the final pics once ya get it all painted and installed.....
S2,Jul 6 2005, 05:30 PM Wrote:I like it, especially cause I've never seen that lip on a euro bumper.  It makes your car 'rare'.....

Can't wait to see the final pics once ya get it all painted and installed.....
[right][snapback]119799[/snapback][/right]

Isn't rare enough ? I mean it's yellow, a sedan, Street edition, and # 38 of 50 ( # 1488 of 1500 ) and under going a Euro Conversion.

But really Thanks guys! , Though I can't wait for the fog lights to arrive in about a week or so, not to mention sending the bumper to the paint shop in 8 days time, & getting the smoked repeaters put on the car in about 3 weeks time will tie it all in.

frost, if u need a hand test fitting the euro-bumper, give me a shout, we might be able to get 2 done in the same day, :P :P
My other ride is your Mom
:lol: Lamo....... Hey sounds like a plan ! :lol:

I know I have to do a rebar triming like on the 98 - 01 models :(............. But good thing for hack saws and my dad help'en me out there :lol: LMAO......

But really though, I'm not looking forward to that because just to put a jack under my car is often a major problem to do with the body kit on there, then removing the front tires, then the inner fenders, then the splash guards..... then the headlight screw in the lower fenders.... then the fog lights then the lower grill and then finally opening the hood to go from there.
Wow im doing the same thing only im using a 98-01 Euro bumper and JMS lip kit on a zx3 but i have to go threw all the same hassle...Cars are so much fun!!!
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
So is it a street edition or is a limited edition?

your badges confuse me.

:huh:
Run your car, not your mouth
Frost__2001,Jul 6 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:Yeah, I plan on adding the Xenon lip to the front end, but not that one in the photos, it's toast thanks to my sister. [right][snapback]119791[/snapback][/right]

Is this the same sister that wrecked your front bumper months ago. So that's 2 front ends that your sister ruined in the last year?

I saw the way you drove into Anthony's school parking lot, almost crushing your lip on the speed bump. I am thinking that this sister is a figment of your imagination. :P :lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Oh man, that bumper was close to ground before....that thing is going to scrape for sure now!!!

It looks completely awesome though.
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 6 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:Wow im doing the same thing only im using a 98-01 Euro bumper and JMS lip kit on a zx3 but i have to go threw all the same hassle...Cars are so much fun!!!
[right][snapback]119820[/snapback][/right]

you should be able to sell the US spec JMS lip for close to the same price as buying a new euro JMS lip from me! ;) plus it will not require all the modding! ;)

frost,
i still have an extra set of 02+ fogs and surrounds for sale should you need them!
argh i knew i would have to do that...
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
ZX3TUNING,Jul 7 2005, 12:05 AM Wrote:
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 6 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:Wow im doing the same thing only im using a 98-01 Euro bumper and JMS lip kit on a zx3 but i have to go threw all the same hassle...Cars are so much fun!!!
[right][snapback]119820[/snapback][/right]

you should be able to sell the US spec JMS lip for close to the same price as buying a new euro JMS lip from me! ;) plus it will not require all the modding! ;)

frost,
i still have an extra set of 02+ fogs and surrounds for sale should you need them!
[right][snapback]119875[/snapback][/right]

I have to wait a week to see if the deal with the guy I'm buying them off of is going to send them off to me from the UK frist, If not, Then Mitch your on the top of my list to get them off of, But for sure I'll be needing a Euro plate holder, since the plate that came on that bumper never had one. It's why there is two screw holes in the plate, and I used the same screws to hold the plate in place to take the photos.

On the plus side though, it saves me from drilling holes in the UK plate later on for my Ontario Front Plate. For those that don't know Ontario requires by law that 2 Plates are required for cars registered in Ontario, unless they are dealer plated.
Debbie is my sister, and yes she was the one that drove the car up over the snow bank at the end of the drive way in feb sending that very same front lip in that first photo up and into the bumper. I had to take it off and put it in the garage after I got out the car to inspect the damage...... It's been in there since then, untill I pulled it out to take photos yesterday. I never fixed the front end, I didn't plan on doing that at all, untill the snow strom of march 1st, I totaled the front end when I hit a snow bank causing more then $5000 in damage. So more or less my insurance company fixed everything after that, including buying another Xenon Front lip for the car. I was like you did that?? to the body guys at Colony Ford, I then had told them I had a new one spare in the garage in the box still unpainted. ooppss ! :lol:

As for speed bumps, :rolleyes: they never really were a problem with the front end ever, I have never scraped the front end on a speed bump yet, however small hills going into driveways are a different story, it's why I'm getting used to having to go in / out on the diagnel.

Besides, the Facelift bumper I noticed is smaller and closer to the car, so it's higher up the the North American bumper by like 0.5' - 1" higher then current one. Meaning More clearence :lol: !!
[Image: 100_0200.jpg]

Proof I have a sister, This was taken in New Orleans Louisiana in Oct 2004.
nice car, except one thing,

throw those Tim Hortons cups out ! :lol: :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Jul 7 2005, 10:44 AM Wrote:nice car, except one thing,

throw those Tim Hortons cups out ! :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]119946[/snapback][/right]

:lol: It's my Change cups. I've had them for close to 4 years lol....... FYI I work for Tim Horton's.
ZOOM,Jul 6 2005, 08:19 PM Wrote:So is it a street edition or is a limited edition?

your badges confuse me.

:huh:
[right][snapback]119824[/snapback][/right]

It's a Street Edition For Sure, because I found out thrugh Ford it's # 1488 of 1500 sold in Canada for this Statement version of car. I got the Limited Edition Badge at Wal-Mart for $10 as it's a correct badge too.

My car is #38 of 50 called one of the following names: the Xenon Street Edition ( I call the car this name ) or the Limited Street Edition, or The Limited Xenon Street Edition, or from Quebec as I heard they were Marketed as the " Edition Dimond " because of the seat pattern I asume. From what I found out, Ford wanted to make this a memorible edition of car, and the last 50 sold in Canada came with the what you see on my car, a body kit, lowering, etc... But no moon roof. I have seen 2 other Focus with the same package, one with automatic in WI on FF, and the other was a rare Wagon version in B.C. outside of Kelowna, with Alberta Plates.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frost's Front Facelift Project Now 95% Complete Frost__2001 10 3,070 02-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Frost's Facelift Project 70% Complete Frost__2001 20 4,692 01-14-2006, 04:58 PM
  2001 - 2002 Facelift Project Frost__2001 17 4,660 08-04-2005, 09:33 AM
  2002 Facelift Front Bumper Frost__2001 1 1,311 05-16-2005, 04:22 AM
Last Post: guilty